Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

Fortitude

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortitude

I need a clarification from a dev.
    For fortitude, once you reach level 100 pdef, does that mean you'll take 0 physical damage? Or if you reach level 100 in mdef, does that mean you'll take 0 magic damage? Please clarify how it works, thank you!
    Shadowbound s4
    Name - CritsnGiggle
    BR - 178k+
    Player type - Light-casher

Well, you'd need level 100 first, which will take our top cashers a few months, then gathering the xp will take another 2 months or so.
    Shadowbound s4
    Name - CritsnGiggle
    BR - 178k+
    Player type - Light-casher

Comment

did u notice. u have 100% in def also u can 100% in atk. that cancel out eachother

Comment

It is not the way I saw it and I think it's just badly explained.

Let's see. For each level, damage dealt will be reduce by 1%.

So if you would receive 1000 damage, and have 10% fort, you would just get hit 900. If you see it like this, sure, at 100%, would mean 1000 - (100% of 1000) = 0

But, as above poster said. Let's do another calculation. For that to be true ( That 100% would be 0 damage recieved ), the other person hitting would have to have 0% in damage fort. Which is almost impossible. Why ? Cause for lvl 50 they ask you 180 fort. So you will tell me that by level 50, someone would just put 45% on pdef, 45% in mdef, for both him and mercs and put 0% in attack ? Come on.

Would also bring us to the reasoning "Ok, maybe, then it would be good in PvP, what about monsters ? Do they have fortitude ?" Probably not..

The reason why I think it does not make sense that 100% = A total damage reduction , is how it would scale. Meaning that once you would be at 100%, that someone hits you 1 or 1 million would not make any difference, you would get hit 0 neverless. Weird ? Yep...

I'm sure there's a whole different calculation behind that and only way to test it would be to have one player who never levels that you "block" at 5000 patk or matk ( exemple ) and make him (or her ) face 2 opponents. Both should have exact same pdef ( or mdef if ur being hit magicly), one would have to have 0% fort and the other one 30% and do the math from there as to how it works.

It's all pretty mathematical and probably only devs can give a clear answer as to how it exactly works, versus players and versus monsters.

I still think that 100% does not mean 0 damage received, and maybe it's just misexplained. 100% patk fort means u'll hit twice as hard, as 100% pdef would maybe mean u'll get hit HALF as hard and THAT would make sense..
        Tigerstorm, s1 Nova Genesis
        Tigerstorm, alpha WinterFury
        --- Many retired chars in most r2games games.

Comment

Originally posted by HPMaster
          good question, but I guess this would need such a tremendous amount of resources that im sure u dont have to worry about for atleast 2 years

rofl 2 years? i just joind this game for a week and all my states currently lv30 and this is only 1 week... i'm basically sitting in lv39 every quest that give exp i use to level them up it wont take me 2 years lik u say lol
          and i'm not cash player i play totally for free

Comment

Originally posted by R213814323 View Post
            rofl 2 years? i just joind this game for a week and all my states currently lv30 and this is only 1 week... i'm basically sitting in lv39 every quest that give exp i use to level them up it wont take me 2 years lik u say lol
            and i'm not cash player i play totally for free
            at the following levels the exp per click increases. 11/21/31/41/51/61/71/81/91. at lvl 51 its 200k xp A CLICK. you keep camping that lvl 39 tho for ur 40k xp per loop or whatever you get. instead of upgrading yourself, and being useful to ur guild.

Im fairly certain its just an increase to what ur current stats are. so if your 40k Matk, and u got lvl 50(50% increase) fort in atk for main. it would actually be 60k Matk. this is just speculation, but it makes more sense.
            Last edited by R287079037; 08-23-2014, 03:55 PM.
            Turkey of S2.

Comment

Originally posted by R287079037 View Post
              at the following levels the exp per click increases. 11/21/31/41/51/61/71/81/91. at lvl 51 its 200k xp A CLICK. you keep camping that lvl 39 tho for ur 40k xp per loop or whatever you get. instead of upgrading yourself, and being useful to ur guild.

Im fairly certain its just an increase to what ur current stats are. so if your 40k Matk, and u got lvl 50(50% increase) fort in atk for main. it would actually be 60k Matk. this is just speculation, but it makes more sense.

i'm being very useful to my guild i'm stronger then lv 45 players in ranking and i'm only 39... i made the mistake passing lv40 on the first toon i made and i got crushed by all these cash players.. sitting in lv39 and leveling my fortitude will benefit me more then being a 40+ and cant do nothing.. my 39 is stronger then my lv45 the first toon that i made i'm more happy playing my 39 and getting it stronger each day. opening the 3 talisman slots at early level is always good.

Comment

Originally posted by R287079037 View Post

hmmm interesting
                Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

just a little update since it has been said that ill need to wait 2 years to reach 100% lol my current lv39 has lv 45 on each state
                  and as i said before i do not charge

Comment

Working...
                  X