Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

arena bug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arena bug

why is it that theres an arena event countdown but the event didnt open?

Should have just searched for this topic... It has been discussed many times. At any rate, the arena I assume you are talking about is the 20:40 server time event. This time was removed a while back and replaced with guild wars. As of right now, there is no intention to implement a second time for 3v3. So, only time to run is at 12:40 server time.

Comment

This was a pretty crappy thing to do for those of us who work for a living and still want to play and be competitive in the game. 3v3 arena is a major source of arena points, daily points and rewards from arena chests.

Comment

the crappy thing that was done... was actually a player decision as there was a thread allowing players to vote on the time for the GW event and the players chose 8.40 PM which was the time of the evening 3v3...... so it was a player decision
        Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
        Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

I think in the case of GW the officials who make the game should have decided the time to make it fair for everyone. There are quite a few big open spaces of free time that GW could have taken up, but then the players chose the worst possible time slot.
          Shadowbound
          [S19] Bahold Castle - Solaria Luna - Warrior - Lv75
          [S75] Secret Sanctum - Hunter - Lv38
          League of Angels
          [s147/ua25] Thane of Winter Sorceror - Lv79

That being said character names in games I play is Solariai

Comment

there is not a * fair * time for everybody..... somebody is going to have to lose out simply because the time would not fit in with their lifestyle..... and regardless of what time the Devs chose, some players would complain about the time chosen ..... and say that the devs should consider the players more

well the alternative is that we do account checking, live updating in the middle of players events rather than trying to limit it to the times where there are no events running..... maintenance is different in that it is done when the techs are available to do the events so the maintenance is done when they are in the building.... changing that is not a option as changing it so it doesn't affect one time zone, will only mean that it affects another time zone.....
            Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
            Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Unfortunately, kit is kinda right here. There are a bunch of events I miss every day and it sucks. But in my opinion, the payment option is kind of the balance to all that. Because I work a lot and make enough money to buy things in game I do not need to be on my computer all day every day. In the same way though, someone with tons of time on their hands doesn't have to pay hardly anything cuz they can make it to every event. So, in the end everything balances out. There just simply is no way to please every time zone in the entire world lol.

Comment

Originally posted by S0ulpuncH View Post
                Unfortunately, kit is kinda right here. There are a bunch of events I miss every day and it sucks. But in my opinion, the payment option is kind of the balance to all that. Because I work a lot and make enough money to buy things in game I do not need to be on my computer all day every day. In the same way though, someone with tons of time on their hands doesn't have to pay hardly anything cuz they can make it to every event. So, in the end everything balances out. There just simply is no way to please every time zone in the entire world lol.
                Interesting concept but you cant buy in game the things you get from
                3v3 arena. I started this game on the first day server 18 opened and do
                not recall ever seeing this survey thread about the timing. I chose
                the server I did so it would fit in with my schedule as well as possible.
                I do understand its impossible to please everyone..

I searched the forum and found the thread with the original "poll". It was started kn July 30 and closed out on Aug 6 at which time there were only 7 servers. There are now 45. Therefore the vast majority n players weren't able to vote. The first week of any server there are no guild wars. At least I don't remember any in our server. So it does come as a surprise since it seems like a recent development.
                As long as there are still two chances to do 3v3 the other four days of the week I can live with it. It just seemed like there could be better timing. Thank you.
                Last edited by Queensporsche; 10-18-2014, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X