Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

Gaming Screen --- Not Consistent

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming Screen --- Not Consistent

Regular Game Field

Cloudwinder Field

Note: If this is indeed a bug, please move into the bug section. Thanks.

I am having a hard time adjusting my eyes to the sudden changes of screen size between locations. It seems like when you go into areas of battle, the screen view gets smaller. The following areas affected are:
    • Cloudwinder
    • Guild HQ
    • Temple Flight
    • Battles in General
    • Treasure Cove

Will there be a fix to keep the view consistent in the future? The shots included are consistent in capturing to detail the view size difference.

the screens are fixed, non anamorphic iframes with a visible main screen display ratio and the games designed for 17 to 24 inch screens with maximum display / minimum overlap / boredering

changing to a anamorphic iframe would result in distortion of the viewing screen for players

I can ask about this but there is a good chance that the answer will be no as the issue is caused by the size of the players screen and resolution, not the game itelf
    Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
    Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Perhaps, I didn't worded it in correctly when I made this known. I was merely talking about the game screen size (not the black areas) that was changing within when entering from one field (main game screen area -- aka town) to the next (like the guild HQ or cloudwinder for example). I captured this on the 51in HDTV to make comparison of the game field, as I completely understand about the max size that programmers have to make for smaller monitor views (17 to 24). The two gaming screens in comparison are two different sizes, and not a fluid single size for consistency. However, since we are on the subject on such, the client (when I undocked the laptop which has a 17in screen from the HDTV) shows the game screen cut off from the bottom (text box area and EXP bar). However, when entering any location as depicted in the second screen shot submitted, it was perfect (that's when the mini-client was maximize). I had made a small app to gather the screen size a fixed flash game can make due. The first screenshot vertical resolution of the gaming field is matched at 945 pixels, the second screenshot is at probably around 800 pixels on the vertical for the gaming field since it is smaller upon entering some places.

Perhaps, and it's only a suggestion, the devs can code the main screens to what's on the second screenshot to be matched all around so it doesn't look like a zoom in and cut off/zoom out and mini frenzy when going from place to place.

Comment

the issue was reported to the devs.... they asked what issue, there is no bug..... the game screen is designed for 17-24 inch screens and changing the pop up game areas will result in distortion of the images....

they may review things in the future but its been ruled as not a bug and therefore not a priority issue
        Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
        Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Working...
        X