Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Flash EOL

Attention: Adobe has blocked flash content from playing beginning January 12th. Please update to new client version 1.1.2.
2 of 2 < >

Official Community Discord Server

Have questions or concerns you want to talk about? Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

ElfWings

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ElfWings

I charged 19.99 on 7/28/2014 at 8:40 pm, server time, 21:40
    I did not get mey Elf WIngs,
    Please send in mail
    thank you
    Crazy Duck
    (P.S. I did receive extra diamonds, but the system msg includes wings) ty

I recherged $19.99 on 07/27/2014 after seeing a system message saying recharge 1 Diamond and get Elf Wings. I noticed after I recharged that I didn't receive the wings and asked around in chat and nothing.

Kyra
    Server 1 Autumn Hollow

Comment

The item you refer to, does not exist in game at this time, the system message was incorrect and has been removed from the system.
      Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
      Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Not going to argue with you Kit...as you just said the system message was incorrect and has been removed from the system AFTER alot of people paid to get those wings that doesn't even exist. The harm has already been done since now those people now see they wasted their money and the company won't do anything to fix the mistake of their false advertisement or typo as you say. Its a shame because I really enjoy playing this game and now feel as though the company doesn't even care about their players cause of this. Enjoy the game.

Comment

I wont be recharging after this, i spent tons with r2 ,, playing wartune server 1, 166, 340,,, loa, and now this,,,,,,, BUT after this, it will be my last dollars spent, Im level 6 vip and thats it for me... Truth be known, i had met my limit until i saw the wing message, looked at them and decided to dig deeper, yet no wings, pff, dont tell me its an r2 game mistake, hey, its mine for believing you,,,

Comment

I suggest you file a ticket regarding your concerns and a ruling will be made regarding the issue of your recharging for a item that was not available in ANY of the recharge packs offered to players, as the item does not exist in the game yet.

That is the best course of action I can offer you and any other player under the circumstances.

Comment

Kit,

I recharged based on this as well. That may have been a typo on your end, but that offer was out for an extended period of time and at NO point (that i'm aware of) did you post any system message that there was in fact an error. You have an oblication to your player base to honor your offers.

Even in a retail establishment, if an advertisement in a paper is misprinted, they are obligated to honor it in most cases. Advertising a brand new car that retails for 19,995.00 for 1995.00 would be understood by most people to be an error. In thise case there was no way for the players to know there was a problem with the offer. More importantly however, there is actually a significant issue in this case, because even if it was a typo on your end, you TOOK MONEY FOR IT and never offered to refund it. You KNOWINGLY took money for an offer that you had no intention of honoring. It doesn't MATTER if it was a typo in this case. If you made an advertising mistake, you have an OBLIGATION (a LEGAL one if not a moral one) to return the money of everyone who paid for it to make them whole. In this case you don't necessarily have to provide the wings, but the value of the wings; you offered wings worth 999 diamonds for the recharge value of as little as 1 diamond so If you can't provide the wings, then you need to provide the value (999 diamonds) to every play who recharged durig the time this was offered. You have the server logs and know every time you put that offer out there. you have the logs of everyone who purchased diamonds between the first time that offer went out and the last.

There's nothing to debate here... if you take money from somone for something, you MUST provide it , refund it, or provide and alternative. This is standard business law.
              Last edited by gzolin; 07-29-2014, 12:41 AM.

Comment

There was no option available to recharge for the pack, as there is for recharge packs that ARE in the game.

We are saying to players to please show us where they clicked on the link to recharge for the pack containing the Elf wings. That would show us that the players did recharge intentionally for that item. We can not tell what the players were recharging for if it was a diamonds recharge, we can if it was them clicking on a recharge pack link.

R2 games also has to show that players were intentionally recharging for a recharge pack so we can say YES, the players are correct, we advertised the pack that they brought that was incorrect.

Comment

I clicked no link aswell, it was a ingame msg in chat. i bought the cheapest deal, cause i had already spend a 100$ the day before, but did not get these elf wings.
                  Turkey of S2.

Comment

That would be correct, it was a incorrect system message that has been removed. Elf wings do not exist in the game at the moment and there was no option to recharge to get them either. that also means that R2 games can not prove that the players recharged to get the wings.

Comment

Kit.... it doesn't matter that there was no link.... It doesn't matter that the message was incorrect.

It was out there and people gave you money based on it. You're asking for a link that you KNOW doesn't exist is ****.

Example...You're watching a television infomercial about a Widget ffor $50 and they say be among the first 500 callers and will give you a free 100 Amazon gift card with your purchase. So you call and are told that you're caller 50 and a week later the widget shows up but no gifit card. You call and they say.. Oh the marketing department made a mistake. That offer wasn't valid... you're only getting the Widget. Are you actually telling me that's acceptable??? because that's EXACTLY what you did here.

You put out an offer that said RECHARGE any amount.... there was no link. It didn't say buy a package. The ONLY requirement was to recharge and you TOOK MONEY FOR IT.

If R2Games has no way to track who actually tried to take advantage of the offer, that is not the players fault and it doesn't relieve R2Games of it's responsabiltiy. They just have to compensate everyone who was online on the systems where the affected messages went out if they can't identify the users.

Here's the thing though.... this is business 101. It costs R2Games absolutely ZERO to credit all players with 999 diamonds (the announced value of the wings). By doing that you provide a Positive customer experience - very important with the launch of a new game - and people will be more likely to spend money on diamonds in teh future.

Now there's the currently situation.... I'm almost to VIP6 so you know i've spent some money to get there in less than 7 days since i didn't start on day one of launch. If you don't want to reimburse me that's fine. But it also means you won't earn anything else from me in the future. So if it makes business sense to you not reimburse the equivilent of 10 dollars and have me walk away thereby depriving R2Games of several hundred dollars (minimum) of future revenue, then i feel sad for very sad for the corporate investors.

Someone screwed up and you're refusing to 'own' it. If you don't have business managers who understand that good customer service GENERATES revenue even if it's indirect that's just sad.

I have dollars to spend, but if you want to act like a politician and point the finger somewhere else i can just as easily spend with someone else.

Comment

i also saw the message and a few others on my server did as well....was it all just fake to get people to recharge? someone should be looking into this and figure out who did the post and compensate players for it as well.

Comment

I am closing the thread, the issue is in the hands of R2 games admin, where ALL concerns and opinions regarding the issue, should be directed.

Players need to bear in mind that for all their understanding of their rights and where they stand.... that posting in a forum, addressing a forum mod, is not actually addressing R2 games at all.

Comment

Working...
                          X