Login issue workaround (works for me)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login issue workaround (works for me)

Get the server hostname from error when u try to login.

for example in https://s2018-wartune.r2games.com/client/game.jsp?user=NNNN&key=SAFAASDASDASDAGAW not found

the server hostname is s2018-wartune.r2games.com

Got to getip.com and get ip address for your server. For s2018-wartune.r2games.com it is 207.198.114.220
    Now add to your hosts file as in below entries (Make sure you add entries both with hyphen and dot)

207.198.114.220 s2018-wartune.r2games.com
    207.198.114.220 s2018.wartune.r2games.com
    207.198.114.220 res2018.wartune.r2games.com

In Windows hosts file is at C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts and linux it is at /etc/hosts (you will need admin privileges to edit it)
    Restart your browser. Hope it helps.

NOTE: Please take a backup of hosts file if you trying above stuff and don't understand any of above. Revert these changes once R2 fixes it.
    Last edited by Drag0nsFire; 09-12-2014, 11:57 AM.

make it a little easier..........

Comment

"http://wartune.r2games.com/game/play/?server=510" doesnt work how do we find the correct adress?

Comment

Do you server not found as present in attachment below?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	kabam.png
Views:	1
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	1694424

Firefox can't find the server at s194.wartune.r2games.com.
        Firefox can't find the server at s2018-wartune.r2games.com.

Go to www.getip.com and get ipaddress by entering your server address that is show in error message. like s194.wartune.r2games.com or s2018-wartune.r2games.com
        Enter that in hosts file as mentioned in first post.

Comment

Originally posted by zerkk View Post
          "http://wartune.r2games.com/game/play/?server=510" doesnt work how do we find the correct adress?
          that would be s167.wartune.r2games.com and from getip.com it is IP Address: 207.198.119.122
          Node Hostname: s167.wartune.r2games.com

So your hosts file should be

207.198.119.122 s167.wartune.r2games.com

Hope it helps

Comment

thanks very much XD. i use chrome mostly

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103490[/AT TACH]

stuck......... typical..........
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zerkk View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]103490[/AT TACH]

stuck......... typical..........
                seems like your's is merged server with 161?
                Use this in hosts file and it works.

207.198.119.122 s167.wartune.r2games.com
                207.198.119.122 s161.wartune.r2games.com
                207.198.119.122 res161.wartune.r2games.com

Comment

I don't even get the popup login window when I hit login. Going nowhere fast.

EDIT: Aha! I went into my history and brought up my last login to my server. Ofc, it said that I needed to login and I got the white page with the "back" in green letters. Clicked on that and it took me to the login page again, which worked then.
                  Last edited by tacticalguy; 09-12-2014, 11:11 AM. Reason: More info

Comment

I would like to state here, that altering your host file is a VERY tech savvy action, not something that I would recommend to the general public, which is why you never see us posting this as a solution, given that if you DO know your way around a computer, and are not frightened that you're gonna mess things up with it, then yes, this works.

That being said, if you are having issues, in which you can't figure out how to change your DNS lookup to get in that way, or don't know how to fix some of the other common logging in issues yourself, then I don't recommend you try altering your Host file without knowing that you can really make a mess of things. In short, if you're not already computer savvy, and not willing to risk making things really a lot worse, don't try this fix.

I've used it myself, and can confirm it works, but am not willing to be responsible for someone messing their computer up. try it at your own risk, you won't get a walkthrough on it from us.

Comment

If you want to try above solution and not familiar with hosts file then I also recommend to take backup of hosts file.
                      Another solution is try other dns providers and hope they can resolve your wartune server ip.
                      Last edited by Drag0nsFire; 09-12-2014, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X