Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

camping 30s mage guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camping 30s mage guide

share my ideas about camping 30s

Click image for larger version

Name:	stat 07-11.png
Views:	1
Size:	391.3 KB
ID:	1760015

This is my stat after camping for 7 month at this level (no pot just card bonus) , at the time i post this, this mage is probably top 10 in lv30s BG

After they bring mount to lv16 , and those crazy gem , soul crystal , love thy mount event, who knows how much BR we can get at lv30s

Gears

As u can see, this mage is using combination of lv20 leg weapon and 35 pvp set, which gives 10 rage per turn and 30 initial rage.

also try blitz catacomb till lv30 everyday to get the lv30 purple rings/ jewelry (get 120 from 7 day goal , and 13 token for blitz lv30 per day)

Skills

Name:	BG skill.png
Size:	293.3 KB
ID:	1757966

this is the BG set skills,

RoF: at lv30s the troops is not that tough, lv2 RoF can clear them easily

Suntoria: this mage has pretty good hp , lv2 sunto can heal 2k per turn

Restoration: with his matk, he can normally heal 9-12k , not bad if u meet some tough knight

Thunderer: this mage can gain 10 rage per turn with the lv20 leg weapon, so he has enough rage to use this skill

Name:	arena skill.png
Size:	293.0 KB
ID:	1757967

This set is used for arena, since arena is 4v4 now , aoe skill is really important, RoF/MD
    for a normal lv30s party, match won't run more than 3 turns, so better deal more damage before u die

RoF: for lv30s, this is the only aoe skill that go up more than 100% (sorry for the knight and archer campers) , at lv4 it is 134%
    this is won't hurt....for long

MD: well , mage has 2 aoe skills , take them both to arena , coz it helps

Mount

Name:	mount stat 07-11.png
Size:	399.5 KB
ID:	1760016

as u can see from here , free player here (apart from that 5 bucks for the leg weapon)

for free player, camping 30s , these r the mount u can get

Royal steed : +50 10k insignia after get crusader

Hurricane steed: +30 50 mil gold from lv10 guild shop

Netherwing dragon: +30 800 shadow soul from ToK

Majestic Stingray: +30 1.2k mystery stone

Nightshade : +20 15 mount spirit

Ice fang: +20 25 mount spirit

also 7 days mount such as

Evil unicorn: +20 25 mount spirit

Mechanical steed: +50 125 shadow soul (best is to recycle it for mount spirit if u still working on ice fang/ nightshade

Astrals

Name:	astral 07-11.png
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	1760017

This is my astral slots, some people may think this is a bad combination, but I think this is the best for lv30s

My reasons is it is really easy to get Pdef , Mdef or any other basic stat, so why don't i just use my astral do something unique,do something
    that gem or gears and mount can't give?

Holy Mysticality: this one I think it is ok, at lv7 , give 2k matk , he has 14k matk , so that is 14% of the total matk.

Enhanced will destroyer: this astral is really good, at lv8, it gives 40% more attack , much better than the holy mysticality.

Refined goddess blessing: at lv7 give 21% damage reduction, i don't really know how the damage calculation works, so i can't comment on it, just

think it give both pdef and mdef, and 21% each is not a bad number

Extra tips

after you maxed your Guild skill and lv7-8 astral, (should be around 30k BR) at this stage you really start your camping

at this stage, you don't have to do much about your toon, just take it easy, not really worth the time to shard in BG for gems

seems many people disagree this idea, it is good if u have time to do BG with mount you probably getting 75 - 80 shards per BG (at

least I do) I thought about, event does give much more gem, but every gem u get more gem u can make during gem event!

the only way you gain BR is really just following the event cycle

1. gem event: make as much gem as u possibly can, don't worry if u have to use lv2 gem on your slot every gem that u don't make, u r falling behind

2. love thy mount: this is where most of your gem from, the more whip u have, the more gem u can get, u also get SC from here

3. soul engrave event: in this event u get sometimes 20% , sometimes 50% back for your SC , this event give a lot of gems as well

In conclusion: after you started your camping life, you really just live off the event, miss 1 of the event above , you miss a cycle

Important definition:

Slow leveler: working on GS and astral, and move on after they maxed

Camper: maxed GS and high level astral already, only way to gain BR is by gem, SC and mount

cheers guys
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pharqueoff; 11-06-2014, 12:14 PM. Reason: update the stat

Nice guide for those who enjoy camping at the lv 30-39 BG range. I got to around 20k BR before mounts were available before 40 and before the awesome gem events. Only problem is until you can do all 100 of cata, it's almost impossible to get enough gems to make a huge difference in that level range, especially since you don't need much xp to get to 40. But nonetheless nice job.

Comment

wow... awesome..

XD i saw it... and yeah.. good guild , mate !

Comment

I like your astral build ,my astral kinda suck coz i spent too much time on gs .i dont have good mount stats as well . overall nice char
        Last edited by MageRockz; 10-02-2014, 01:59 PM.

Comment

I'm not convinced about skill trees and compromising gem levels in equipment, but the other stuff is legit. Be sure to farm GR title early, it gets tougher in higher level BGs.
          Izverg / Archer / 80er, light casher / Armor-S5 / Winterfell (Assistant), formerly Erebos (Leader)
          Izverg / Mage / extreme slowleveler, non-casher / R2-S5 / VaeVictis (Assistant)

Comment

Originally posted by R229649854 View Post
            I'm not convinced about skill trees and compromising gem levels in equipment, but the other stuff is legit. Be sure to farm GR title early, it gets tougher in higher level BGs.
            can you share your skill build plz, I am willing to trying new things

but I still highly recommend you to follow the gem event as much as u can

Comment

Firstly let me say that your OP has some great ideas: The 3 pieces of PvP gear and the first recharge 20 Legendary staff, is an excellent idea.

However there is one contradiction in your OP that I don't understand:

Originally posted by Pharqueoff View Post
              Extra tips

after you maxed your Guild skill and lv7-8 astral, (should be around 30k BR) at this stage you really start your camping

at this stage, you don't have to do much about your toon, just take it easy, not really worth the time to shard in BG for gems

the only way you gain BR is really just following the event cycle

1. gem event: make as much gem as u possibly can, don't worry if u have to use lv2 gem on your slot every gem that u don't make, u r falling behind
              The two statements that I highlighted in red, don't make sense to me. If you cart in BG: you have a ~65% change of earning a gem per BG. Whilst you have any gems under level 5, I would say that BG is a potentially massive contributor to your gem effectiveness. Sure after level 5, the effectiveness of BG carting is reduced, but as you say: any gem you're not making, you're falling behind... By not carting in BG (as a slow leveler or camper), you're falling behind, in my opinion.
              Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
              You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
              Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
              Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Good Walkthrough Guide but i disagree about the carts, you can get about 2-3 chest if you cart in 2 bg attmpts, that's alot if you ask me XD
                I Quit, if you wanna ask regarding to any of my thread or post, i wont answer you.
                and do me a favor, downgrade my reputation. Im done.

Comment

can you share your skill build plz, I am willing to trying new things

but I still highly recommend you to follow the gem event as much as u can
                  Well I intend to build a healer mage. And generally I prefer to have few things but good ones. In low levels I build around low rage consumption attack skills and heavily invest in passive and basic healing skills. The lack of DPS I compensate with high-ish MATK, INT training and EWD. This mage isn't going to be a crit build, I'm having enough "fun" with crit on the archer. )

So, my only skills page at lvl 41 is: Heart Elemental 2, Mana Master 3, LB 4, ROF 4, Restoration 3, Healing Empowerment 2, Suntoria 2. Taking Suntoria 3 at 42, LB 5 at 44, ROF 5 at 46. I use ROF as DPS skill on single targets too. Running PVE sets exclusively (20, 30, 40 etc), and the account has never been recharged.

As for the falling behind part.. the mage is where I relax from playing the archer. Excellent friends here (waves to Ginge) and no one's in a hurry anywhere.. can spend next year under 50 easily, unless R2 manages to ♥ the game up. The way events are these days this may mean I'll have SC level maxed out in a year. )
                  Last edited by TheGuardingDark; 10-05-2014, 02:42 PM. Reason: Language
                  Izverg / Archer / 80er, light casher / Armor-S5 / Winterfell (Assistant), formerly Erebos (Leader)

Comment

yeah changed it already, it is a good point, thx

Comment

good on ya mate

Comment

Camper: maxed GS and high level astral already, only way to gain BR is by gem, SC and mount

u forgot about equipment and cloth refining

btw , cart is very good even if u have high level gems . i cart as much as i can until gem event comes then open them , it kinda helps me event though i have lvl 7 gems i will still recommend carting .

dont underestimate the power of carting :P

Comment

Carting is good but remember you need to get GR title before 50 unless you intend to cash. That's several months of slaughtering in preferably 30-39 and 35-44 BG. Item refining either takes lvl 45 or a high fishing lvl, which takes months as well. My mage is about 54 weeks old now, been doing fishing daily since it appeared and still my lock income is very low (I aim for crypt tokens mostly though).

P. S. Don't underestimate the power of fishing
                          (though that's boring for many players, but it's fishing that finally allowed me to truly camp (no cata) and not creep slowly upwards with cata exp.)
                          Last edited by R229649854; 10-07-2014, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X