Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skip this SC event?

hey guys , as u probably already seen in the event page

finally we had a SC event (sadly it is before a whip event)

this time it is a 30% return (was 50% return last time)

so here i just gonna use some of my math skills, to show you the reason why is it good to skip this one

formula used here is [SC(old) + SC(old)*rate of return = SC(new)] by using circular reference in excel or use your scientific calculator smartly, u

can calculate this without writing any script

let's say i have 3k ,5k ,10k SC, and i am using them all for the event

For 30% return event

3000*SC => 4285.71*SC

5000*SC => 7142.86*SC (ofc u can never get this much, coz if your SC number is lower than 100 u can't get reward)

10000*SC => 14285.71*SC

As an result,

SC(new) = 1.43* SC(old) (about 43% return)

For 50% return event

5000*SC => 10000*SC (this time it stopped at exactly 10000 after a few iteration, this is theoretical which u will never achieve)

As an result,

SC(new) = 2* SC(old) (about 100% return)

ok guys here is my proof, hope this helps

Cheers

The difference is that in the sc event where there was 50% return you wouldnt get 100k g/d. Besides as far as i can remember every sc event gave a return of 30%. So you can't be sure there will be another sc event which gives 50% back. The previous one didnt had any exchange event for sc, this one does. So te me, it looked like a 1 time thing

Comment

It also depends on where you are in terms of the game. Especially now with the wild shop being able to refresh with Daru and being able to purchase items with gold. I think it down to the individual on what they do. They might do the 50% return once every three months or once a year it was just a one off.

DarkMeph
      Willow. RIP 30/10/14 you will be missed.

Comment

That math only makes sense if you were level 1 and doesn't care about getting stronger.
        By the time another sc event gives 50% extra, your friends would have maxed it and focusing on other stuff.
        R2 has good reasons for mixing events so you don't have to hoard stuff.
        Each event going to be used for another event, or if they lower the rewards they will put more on different non-sc event.

Here's the math proof that waiting is the worst idea:
        • If the current event has both 50% and 30% engrave,
          50% will gain more by = (1/1.3) - (1/1.5) +1 = 110.26% extra sc (this is obvious double).
        • If the 50% event is every 3 months and 30% is each month in between
          you gain = (1/1.3) - (3/1.5) +1 = -23.08% less sc

So go ahead wait and keep getting weaker
        Last edited by laba-laba; 10-07-2014, 02:16 PM. Reason: too drunk to do math
        [morfinnor]
        Temple of Ibalize

Comment

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Comment

Well, this SC event is exactly the same as the past 10 months have been, but as I have already maxed my engraving, I just exchanged my 80k sc in this event.

Comment

thx for the heads up

Originally posted by laba-laba View Post
              That math only makes sense if you were level 1 and doesn't care about getting stronger.
              By the time another sc event gives 50% extra, your friends would have maxed it and focusing on other stuff.
              R2 has good reasons for mixing events so you don't have to hoard stuff.
              Each event going to be used for another event, or if they lower the rewards they will put more on different non-sc event.

Here's the math proof that waiting is the worst idea:
              • If the current event has both 50% and 30% engrave,
                50% will gain more by = (1/1.3) - (1/1.5) +1 = 110.26% extra sc (this is obvious double).
              • If the 50% event is every 3 months and 30% is each month in between
                you gain = (1/1.3) - (3/1.5) +1 = -23.08% less sc

So go ahead wait and keep getting weaker
              sorry guys , maybe a bit too late to edit this post now

just the formula i talked about

if u have 10000 SC with 50% return

1st iteration: 10000*0.5 + 10000 = 15000

2nd iteration: 5000*0.5 + 15000 = 17500

3rd iteration: 2500*0.5 + 17500 = 18750

31th iteration: ..... = 20000 (in most scientific calculator)

and so on with circular reference in excel or smartly use your scientific calculator calculator

Comment

Working...
              X