Knight Analysis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knight Analysis

After reading through all the guides about Knights, I just have to chip in about this class that's most talked about. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Knights - Overview / Skill Builds /
    Too many guides/posts about these. Go and read them on other guides.

Knights - Analysis

Rage
    Knights gain 10 Rage after every action (if you have maxed the passive). THIS IS IMPORTANT.

Active Skills
    1. Slasher. Cost: 0 CoolDown(CD): 5s Effect: Damage and +5 rage. Target: 1 front row
    2. Ultimate Slasher. Cost:10 CD: 5s Effect: Damage least %HP. Target: 1. No range limit
    3. Delphic Destroyer. Cost: 80 CD: 60s Effect: Damage. Target: 1 front row
    4. Agoran Shield. Cost: 30 CD: 60s. Effect: Shield. Target: Self
    5. Shadow Thrasher. Cost: 35 CD: 1s. Effect: Damage (Bleed on QTE). Target: 1 front row
    6. Intercept. Cost: 25 CD: 60s Effect: Damage and Reduce Enemy's Rage. Target: 1 front row (Error in Description)
    7. WhirlWind. Cost: 50 CD: 30s Effect: Damage. Target: ALL
    8. Reverse Damage. Cost: 30. CD: 10s. Effect: Thorns. Target: Any (All, situational)
    9. Enhanced Delphic Destroyer. Cost: 100. CD: 60s. Effect: Damage, change to +Rage. Target: 1 front row.
    10. Apollo's Shield. Cost: 45 CD: 60s. Effect: Damage Reduction. Target: Self and all Allies

I've listed the skills with their rage costs and Cooldowns. As a Player (not only a Knight), you will want to maximize the limited amount of time in combat to win. As a Knight, you either have to outlast them (tanker mode) or out damage them (non-tanker mode). We are here to discuss how to make full use of every second in combat. since every second counts.

NOTE: very detailed. use at own risk
    In this example, I am using an Arena Set. This gives me 30 Rage at start of combat.

TIME (s) ACTION RAGE
    00:01:00 SLASHER 30
    00:01:01 \ Lets say I'm in a group arena and a tank is infront of me. I decided to unleash the ultimate slasher to further bring down his HP
    00:05:00 /
    00:05:01 Started spamming Ultimate Slasher on keyboard.
    00:06:00 SLASHER goes off. Rage is now 30 + 15 = 45.
    00:06:01 ULTIMATE SLASHER 45

>> TIPS N TRICKS:
    Ultimate Slasher has a QTE that adds 25% damage. It is a ONE-KEY combination QTE. DO NOT WAIT FOR THE TRIGGER TO APPEAR. Just start spamming W, A, S, D, W, A, S, D, W, A, S, D.. etc WHILE STILL SPAMMING THAT U.Slasher key(Until u are used to its timing). The actual order of W,A,S,D is up to you, whichever is the FASTEST for you. I use S,D,A,W, S,D,A,W as it is the fastest for me.

00:06:10 U.Slasher gets queued and my char is in her readying position. Expected Rage is still 45.
    00:06:11 The Target Ring under the opponent is the designated target for my Ultimate Slasher. It may NOT be the Tank I wanted at first, since it targets the opponent with the least HP percentage. During 00:01:00 to 00:05:59, my teammate hits an Enemy Archer and it hits him hard. So now my Ultimate Slasher is targeting this Archer with the least HP%.
    00:06:12 Going with experience, I expected my U.Slasher to bring down the Archer's life to around 20% or less. I decided to queue Slasher to gain Rage, then unleash a Whirlwind to damage all opponents. This whirlwind SHOULD kill the archer. Also, the timer/CD on both of these skills are 5 seconds (5s) each, so I can reliably use one after each other without any break of pace.

>> WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST WHIRLWIND NOW? Why waste a round on Slasher?
    STUPID Question. Next.
    >> When would you use Slasher, or a normal attack to gain rage?
    At least now you're thinking. A normal attack actually adds 2 to rage, and along with the passive 10, it gives a total of 12. My Slasher gives 15, and it has a damage boost. So I chose Slasher.
    >> You could time Ultimate Slasher right and gets a double attack in a round.
    Ah....An expert. Frankly, I have difficulty doing this double hits per round thing. It's quite unreliable for me, so I do what I know I can.

00:10:00 Start Spamming SLASHER on keyboard.
    00:11:00 Ultimate Slasher goes off. Rage is 45 - 10 + 10 = 45.
    00:11:01 SLASHER. 45

The story goes on.... A lot of things can happen in combat. You just need to be aware of your Cooldowns, Current / Expected Rage after every actions, your allies' and enemies' HP, defenses, statuses, etc and how to react if something doesn't go your way (good or bad).

A typical example would be to plan a route on gaining and spending Rage so that at around 00:58:00 or so, you can queue a Delphic Destroyer or Enhanced Delphic Destroyer and unleash it on the Opponent after 01:00:00 timer and gets a 50% damage boost. That includes how to dispose of his guards too.

--

Next UP: DAMAGE, HP AND DEFENSE on a later date...
Working...
X