mage skill question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mage skill question

is it really important to have 2nd skill tree as a mage??
    or is it better to save up the balens and go for a hybrid build??

a friend of mine who is new to this game is asking me this and i have no idea since i only played knight before

thanks!

Both of them works but if you want my personal opinion your friend should save balens as it turns out to be a bit more helpfull because you can have a DPS and a healing built while playin with one built only you have to make a wise choice depending on your playstyle. I play with one tree skill only, my healing skills are maxed but not DPS because i play on PvE style more than PvP. I should have spared BB for a 2nd skill tree.
    Last edited by Silentx3Step; 11-14-2014, 08:11 AM. Reason: grammar checking
    Money only serves the superficial things in life.

I'm Silentx3Step, originaly from 477, which was later merged with a few others and i'm not a dude!

Comment

I know many who have gone the dual skill set. One focused on maxing the healing out and getting some good damage and some have gone the solid hit em and hurt em route.. taking just enough of the healing skills to make things like CW/Necropolis/Spire/MPD tolerable so that people will group them. As a Mage people expect in general some level of healing.. but in the end of the day, its up to that particular players play style and patterns that will dictate what and how they go about it. it will take a long time before there is enough points to have a good balance of both though I am afraid to say.

Your friend can use the skill calc to see how far the points will go and how long it will take to get where is needed for a hybrid balance if they go that route though.
      Always.. Always.. Always be yourself.. unless you can be BATMENTOR! Then always be BATMENTOR muahahahahahahah! (PS: BATMENTOR has Batcupcakes, Batcookies, and Batcake. PS: they just gave me a BatPizza Oven *WOOHOO!*) Bugs can be reported here. Please Read the new format. Check out the Support Page.

Comment

just wondering im only lvl 70 so i don't know anything about the adv. skills
        where do you get the skill points for adv.skill

about his playstyle... he is kinda lazy and pretty much doesn't like PVE and is more on PVP (he likes stomping ppl) thats base on the previews games that we've played...
        so i said he can camp..
        last favor pls ... can u give a skill set that can be a descent healer and good against PVP
        thanks for helping

Comment

Never done dual skill tree all my heals are maxed, and being level 80 and not getting the crappy advanced mage skills will max my other skills. Right now all passives maxed, and on attacks lightning bolt, rain of fire, meteoric destoryer, delphic thunder frenzy, and thunderer are maxed out, damnation is 2/3, and i am only stage 3 of level 5 on advanced and have both passive advanced skills maxed. So by the time I max out in advanced I will have damnation maxed and other delphic maxed more than likely and some skills left over. The advanced skill points are gained as you hit certain levels in each advanced ranking. the skills in the bar is mainly what I use in everything but mpds. Click image for larger version

Name:	skill set.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	1701369
          Last edited by Ashmedia; 11-14-2014, 10:31 AM. Reason: added image

Comment

im a 80 mage with adv class and only 1 skill tree.

none of the adv class skills are worth spending points on, except the passives. As a mage the shield and extra heal are nice however: the skill hotbar isnt big enough to make use of the extra skills, the heal skill is mediocre at lv 80 if you use resto you can critheal much more (the extra heal is capped at 90k hp)and the shield is too short and too rage expensive.

the atk skills seems not a big advantage, just different. the Delphic may be nice to have but not neccessary.

likei said i got 1 skill tree.
            on it (before adv class at lv 80) i had max heals with meteor 3, thunderer 4 and the passives maxed but no damnation. (if you max meteor you have to give up either a heal, a passive or thunderer which are better than the last point of meteor).

with adv skill tree i took the adv heal skills and passives and start doing damnation.
            There is NO need for a double skill tree for a mage imo, though i can be useful for wb and perhaps pvp.
            And imo your bb can be spend better (sylph skills, mounts when you maxed stables, transposers etc).

If you consider staying 1 skill tree, go for a heal build:
            Max resto, sunto and bl.

As extra you could choose to spend points on damnation or thunderer. damnation could be a team arena skill and thunderer a wb skill. I took thunderer and in bg i use thunderer, bolt, resto, sunto and rain of fire. Meteoric could be a valid option instead of thunderer at lower level, tho at higher level another aoe isnt needed to kill troops and meteor costs more rage than rof.

Hope this helps you

Comment

thanks a lot guys..
              you guys helped a lot!!

Comment

Not needed 2 skill tree for mage i have fully maxed heal skil, 3 skill heal is terrible (max 90k not needed this skil for me) i have 2 superskil upgrade to max an next pts add to dps skils
                Last edited by Malxik; 11-15-2014, 03:07 PM.

Comment

What you really need as a mage to be useful:

Max the heal section of the tree first.
                  then work towards getting thunderer.

The rest are not needed as much, just "useful", like damnation, can be useful, defently not a must.

Comment

First of all, hybrid means mixing both paths to dht and bl,
                    you won't maxed them so its a poor all-in-1 build in single tree.
                    You don't want this.

2nd skill tree is for convienence. It allows you to max each paths in separate tree.
                    But like everyone said, anything beyond damnation is hardly used often.
                    Only the heal tree is used often with thunderer, if you just want 1 tree this is it.
                    Having 2 trees allows you to switch between aoe for mobs and boss.
                    I've used 1 tree up until i was level 65, it was getting tiring to put skills needed
                    everytime for different bosses, thats where 2nd tree helps a lot.
                    [morfinnor]
                    Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Originally posted by laba-laba View Post
                      First of all, hybrid means mixing both paths to dht and bl,
                      you won't maxed them so its a poor all-in-1 build in single tree.
                      You don't want this.

I've used 1 tree up until i was level 65, it was getting tiring to put skills needed
                      everytime for different bosses, thats where 2nd tree helps a lot.
                      hybrid sucks mostly, but i think heal tree + thunderer max is hybrid and awesome:P but i get what you mean.
                      Saw a mage with heal tree + damnation and im glad i dont have that skill build as it feels for me far inferior to thunderer.

i think the arguement to get 2nd tree you mention isnt the best argument. out of tiredness i would never get another skill tree:P

Sth not yet covered in this topic is the level, totally forgot about that. i think if you're lv 65+ the value of a 2nd skill tree is getting smaller, so if op is lower than 64 (and slow leveling or camping) he could consider getting another skill tree. if he's higher, or fast leveling, i wouldnt think of it

Comment

Originally posted by fenrir67 View Post
                        i think the arguement to get 2nd tree you mention isnt the best argument. out of tiredness i would never get another skill tree:P
                        Well things are much easier now. Back then when I was level 65, I had to run mp 3x a day for attempts.
                        Not counting helping other teams that lacking mages run another 3x. So yea switching skills 9+ mp x3 bosses = 27 times a day is tiring

It all depends how crowded your server is and how much mages (or you) are in demand.
                        Like I said, its for convenience. Also your team would have to be patience waiting you to be ready.
                        [morfinnor]
                        Temple of Ibalize

Comment

I got 2nd tree, only cause I wanted to experince all the skills. -

Comment

Working...
                          X