X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vets_Ambrozia
    started a topic [Guide] Geek Guide to Lag

[Guide] Geek Guide to Lag

One of my fav lines during world boss is “LAAAAAG GUH!” and many blame the server.
    I, and many others, do not experience this thing called.. Lag. So, here are some pointers for you to check on before you do main activities such as group, world boss, battlegrounds.. etc.

1. Refresh
    2. Clear cache
    3. Scrub RAM
    4. Turn off any programs that do real time bug checks (antivirus, malware.. etc)
    5. Dump cookies often
    6. Defrag often
    7. Pause Downloads
    8. Close down heavy programs
    9. Try different Browser (last resort)

Most people want to do everything at the same time while playing an MMO. So going through a checklist is usually a good idea. If you do not do a whole lot of downloading/uploading, then go through some of the maintenance steps. Keep in mind, even with a good connection, everything you do can slow down, not only your internet, but your computer too.

Clearing Cache
    For Google Chrome, the “customize and control” button is located right under the X button of the web page. Go to “Tools” then click on “Clear Browsing Data...”
    Cookies and clear cache should be checked, if nothing else.
    Hit the “Clear Browsing data” Button.. and that’s it!

For other browsers, it’s pretty much the same.. you need to find tools and cache.

Ram Scrubbing
    There’s all kinds of tools out there to scrub ram, but I personally like “Advanced System Care Free/Pro”.. it has all KINDS of tools to use and I’ve been using it for about 3 years. I don’t use antivirus or malware scanners.. just that. You can find it at cnet.com, which is a very trusted site.

Defrag
    Windows has its own defrag tool that people often use, again, however.. I use “Advanced System Care Free/Pro” they have an independent defrag tool that also optimizes and does a “deep clean”.. very healthy for the computer.
    If you’re not familiar with defragging, here’s how to access the Window’s version.
    Start > Program Files > Accessories > System Tools
    Defragging once a week is advisable for the heavy user.

For Win8, the path would be:
    Start Screen> type "defrag"> click on defrag

Try Different Browser
    I have found that using one explorer to have trouble with doing one thing while another has trouble doing another. I am not familiar with FireFox and probably will not be, so if someone can offer insight on that area, please do so.

IE (Windows included web browser) is kind of jicky about a few things. I have found Chrome better suited for Wartune.

About the AntiVirus/Malware Programs
    I know a lot of you are very skittish about shutting your real time scanners down for any reason, however, let’s think about this logically. IF you do not do other things while playing Wartune and your real time scanners have NOT caught a virus from Wartune/R2games.. then isn’t it logical that it’s not going to and therefore safe to shut it down for these periods? The choice is ultimately yours, of course, but don’t expect to be able to run a real time scanner AND any MMO at the say time and still play fluidly.

**NOTE: Please do not assume that not having an antivirus is a good way to do things.. it took me years to get to the point where I didn't need one.

**NOTE: If running off of a wireless connection, it may get a bit choppy unless you have a good service. (ty Cassey)

Vet Ambrozia
    Last edited by vets_Ambrozia; 11-12-2012, 10:56 PM. Reason: Win8 defrag correction

• michael509
    replied
    nice guide but on the antivirus part the real time scans they only run on idle or at the start of windows you can also set up a time for when they run. antivirus programs are also monitoring your internet surfing and your wifi connections to make sure you don't get someone trying to hack your network. would not recommend turning off antivirus. most lag is because of slow internet and low memory the rest is spot on.

Leave a comment:

• ArnaudBo
    replied
    the last patch is the real trouble for me
    untill it, the process memory was always around the same
    now, it's constantly increasing...
    even with a good computer, when the memory used is more than 1.2 giga (total, meaning browser + plugin), the game start to be slow. if the memory increase more, the browser crash sometimes (either browser or flash)

Leave a comment:

• noob9841
    replied
    i ran it on an 8 core server and it still lagged. it's not a hardware issue on the player end, it's a hardware issue on the server end or bandwidth issue in between.

do whatever you want, it won't solve the problem. 90% of the solutions (defrag? please that's been worthless since win 98) are ridiculous at best. you could say "move your mouse in 14 circles" or put your monitor higher up" and they would have as much effect on lag as defragging or clearing the cache
    Last edited by noob9841; 05-11-2014, 09:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cheriamor
    replied
    that's what I thought too. I didn't do anything but play wartune that day, went afk for 10 min and a virus got my laptop. don't shut down your antivirus

Leave a comment:

• soso0225
    replied
    Try Different Browser ?

"Try Different Browser
    I have found that using one explorer to have trouble with doing one thing while another has trouble doing another. I am not familiar with FireFox and probably will not be, so if someone can offer insight on that area, please do so.
    IE (Windows included web browser) is kind of jicky about a few things. I have found Chrome better suited for Wartune."

I use Pale Moon, and I have no problem with it.
    Try it and you will love it, fast start, no lag, no trouble.
    http://www.palemoon.org/

Leave a comment:

• 2Tee2
    replied
    Originally posted by mothing View Post

some ** memory booster told me that only 1% free memory on my cpu...dang...!!so i can't do nothing

ya know, that memory wasnt made to sit empty... its working ONLY when full. even jsut with cached data

people should drop all the standard lamer's "tools" like CC Cleaner ,Reg smthng and all the **

Leave a comment:

• 2Tee2
    replied
    Originally posted by vets_Ambrozia View Post

3. Scrub RAM

lame, ***** lame, lame, lame

Leave a comment:

• R24768541
    replied
    i usually play 2 accounts same time and when im not doing mp's or other event i got 3 logged on. i do not lag like how people always say.

this what helps me lessen a laggy game.

1st u need a high ram.
    2nd check for adobe update and make sure its compatible with your browser "crome not needed".
    3nd use cc cleaner once a month or just clear cache. "when your done with all your task"
    4th defrag regularly

if you are playing with 2 or more accounts the same time lag wont be a problem but the flash just cant take that many, you will need to regualry relog or you will start to get a delayed reaction on game. i suggest relog before any events. just relog evrytime u wanna do something.

+++ missing a double and having no crit does not make it lag. )

if black screen just clear all cache or just use cc cleaner, it wont happen again but u need to load evrything agian.
    Last edited by R24768541; 07-30-2013, 01:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MarcWizard
    replied
    can I add something to this? When you use Google Chrome there are two possible "flash" files it uses. An internal (PPAPI) and the external flash (used for other browsers) sometimes one or both can conflict with each other (they like to argue ). This is better covered by a google search, please google search "disable flash for googel chrome"

Or do what I did and get Chromium instead.

Leave a comment:

• mothing
    replied
    ok..
    1st sorry for my bad english..
    stop complaint bout lag and blame the server.

my computer spec :
    Pentium R dual processor 2Ghz
    memory DDR2 1 Giga pc5300
    VGA Share 64Mb
    HD 40Gb Free space 70%
    HSUPA modem Connection..but in real calculation only got 200-300kbps (6.00 to 24.00)and 500-600Kbps at nite (24.00 to 06.00)

a few days ago..i got lag like other..sometime black screen.i hate this....^_^
    then..i try to follow instruction at page 1.and its fine...but its only temporay and still got lag again and again...

then i use cc cleaner (use google to find it) install it and running...and i use MZ memory booster (use google)..same thing i do
    everything so fine..no lag anymore..for now at least

so today...i play spire..that i always got heavy bad lag..my MZ memory booster told me that only 1% free memory on my cpu...dang...!!so i can't do nothing ..jsut waiting till my memory have at least 50% free.

now i have 2 GB DDR2 Memory on my CPU...and i'll try on WB and BG..and if still got lag or frozen(i'll tell you latter)...my conclusion is..this game is heavy...sooo heavy for MMROPG web browser game.

Leave a comment:

• R23023768
    replied
    hi all i have a question about the guild battle...i use 3 acc playing the game in same browser...but why just only me lagging in guild battle...and just is my own acc lagging in guild battle.. guy can help fix about this problem?

Leave a comment:

• R25931675
    replied
    YEAH what a great help tnx'

Leave a comment:

• aries45
    replied
    Thank you dude

Leave a comment:

• R25390299
    replied
    hi i have a question my monitor gme in wartune has been cut in lower part and into the left help me 2 fixed my screen

Leave a comment:

Working...
X