No announcement yet.

Start new server or old server to play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start new server or old server to play?

Hi guys,

I wanna ask.... It's good idea to start play on old server like server nr.3 or nr. 155?? Or better choose a new server with will open at that day? If started to play on old server, what's would be "minus" and "plus" from that choose?? And last question, with old server you guys would recommend to play?

There are pros and cons for both. Basically, if you don't intend to cash hard to be best of the best, Older servers are good.

Older Server
    Pros:

You can level faster with the high prosperity. Get to 80 and build.
    You have help through dungeons and what not.
    There are well established players with great advice.

Cons

You level up fast with the high prosperity. If you do indeed find this a Con, you will miss out on a lot of events available.
    At lower level, unless you have friends on the server, it may be hard to find help.
    You will never be best of the best.

I'm sure there are a lot of others, but these are what come to mind for the moment. I personally started on an older server with rl friends. When I established how to play the game 'properly', I went solo and jumped from server to server until I found a 'home'.

A few things to remember if you decide to hop on an older server:

They don't like 'low levels' spamming every couple of minutes for help
    Don't start a test server during 'test week' and expect help
    Try to be active when you can, help where you can, how you can, and you will get it in return
    Try to build first before trying to run dungeons

You may be lucky and get someone willing to help if you don't have friends at the lower levels. I personally don't try until after I've built my astrals and what not first.

If you decide to go newer server
    Pros:
    You have a chance of 'ranking'.
    If you get a decent build the first few days, you can get some decent prizes
    You get a free set of clothing and a mount just for login rewards

Cons:
    There are a lot of new players, constantly asking the same questions over and over.
    First week or 2 of a new server, you may get a lot of teens that think it's a dating site
    There is a lot of chatter in world about much about nothing (between the repetitive game questions)
    You miss out a couple months of 'current server events' for the 'new server events'
    The server is likely to die fast

Another thing I've found, is different timezones will have their different 'personalities'. A lot of Brazilians and/or Portugese on East/West. Filipinos and Indonesians tend to be great 'campers' on Oceanic. Then you get the European countries on the GMT servers. It's really a personal preference as to which timezone you choose. Think about event times. They are the same on every server (server time), but may be 'bad timing' for you personally.

Good luck on your decision
    Play too many games.. a few know me as Liberti, others know me as Squishy... lets stick with that

Comment

Originally posted by R22891362 View Post
      There are pros and cons for both. Basically, if you don't intend to cash hard to be best of the best, Older servers are good.

Older Server
      Pros:

Cons

You level up fast with the high prosperity. If you do indeed find this a Con, you will miss out on a lot of events available.
      At lower level, unless you have friends on the server, it may be hard to find help.

I'm sure there are a lot of others, but these are what come to mind for the moment. I personally started on an older server with rl friends. When I established how to play the game 'properly', I went solo and jumped from server to server until I found a 'home'.

Try to be active when you can, help where you can, how you can, and you will get it in return

You may be lucky and get someone willing to help if you don't have friends at the lower levels. I personally don't try until after I've built my astrals and what not first.

Pros:

Cons:
      There are a lot of new players, constantly asking the same questions over and over.
      First week or 2 of a new server, you may get a lot of teens that think it's a dating site
      There is a lot of chatter in world about much about nothing (between the repetitive game questions)
      You miss out a couple months of 'current server events' for the 'new server events'

Another thing I've found, is different timezones will have their different 'personalities'. A lot of Brazilians and/or Portugese on East/West. Filipinos and Indonesians tend to be great 'campers' on Oceanic. Then you get the European countries on the GMT servers. It's really a personal preference as to which timezone you choose. Think about event times. They are the same on every server (server time), but may be 'bad timing' for you personally
      In my experience, older servers with RL friends tend to be a better choice than newer servers in the sense that you are more likely to get help & catch up with leveling. As for build, I guess it's all about luck & spending. In the first place, I also thought I could never be among the best on an old server, & started a new toon on a new server & ranked top 10 to begin with. But the server died so fast that there's no way to do any group runs or tanks at all, forcing me to abandon it & return to the old server. The first week prizes & ranking rewards are kind of small comparing to the majority of the higher level events we got. But that's just my own experience. Others could be different.

Comment

if just startin out. then neither. there are plenty better games out there with waaaaay less bugs, and well more fun :P
        Kabam -57 Archer
        Kabam -67 Knight
        Non casher and proud of it.

Comment

Older Server
          Pros:

Cons

Pros:

Cons:

Another thing I've found, is different timezones will have their different 'personalities'. A lot of Brazilians and/or Portugese on East/West. Filipinos and Indonesians tend to be great 'campers' on Oceanic. Then you get the European countries on the GMT servers. It's really a personal preference as to which timezone you choose. Think about event times. They are the same on every server (server time), but may be 'bad timing' for you personally.

These are good points.
          Also when I start a new character on an older server, I tend to get a lot of gold and items faster than a new server just because of the events.

Comment

It's annoying as hell when established players spam constantly too. If someone invites you 2-3 times and you're ignored, why on earth do you continue inviting them? They're either afk or don't want to play with you.

A few weeks ago, I had to kick one of my own guildies for it. The rest of the guild was fed up with it, and it was him or mass mutiny. Just don't do it. New or established. People get sick of it.
            IGN: Swinella
            Class: Mage
            lvl: 80
            BR: 600k-ish+sylph+Useless kid
            Server: Kabam s79
            Completely free player. No VIP.

Comment

Older Server
              Pros:

Cons

Pros:

Cons:

Tnx for advice. For timezone i already decide to go on US east. It's better for me. And i think (80%), that i will start on old server. But now only left, to choose server..... guy's meaby you can suggest some server's? Most important for me, that server are not near to Dead. I need much population at that server.

Comment

Working...
              X