Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Need little advice about sylphs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need little advice about sylphs?

Hello everyone,as a mage and camper at 50 lvl I want to choose sylph for PVE so I need help between Eve or Amazon queen I also heard Hades is nice but he cannot does close dmg as fire or electro sylph only good is heal he has. For my PVP I am planning to use wind/fire sylph also not interested in dark sylph be cause resistances are so high. Thank you for any advice

Dark would probably be the best choice, seems to be the mage bread and butter.

If you don't go for that, I would recommend fire. It has high single target damage just like electro, but it also has some aoe skills which make it more versatile. Less people seem to be using fire res; though with Thor out now that will probably reverse soon.

Comment

He is talking PvE. Dark is best because of Devour Soul if you solo or tend to be the top person in the party. Otherwise, play a support role with Wind (+30% attack for whole party) or Water (heal and shield).

Comment

I use a dark sylph and its very good for pve. and for pvp I would choose wind once you have it upgraded. I used a 1 star purple wind sylph a few months back in cw finals and actually did pretty well with it

Comment

Failure to Activate/Use My Sylph

I have a problem with my sylph because it cannot be used anymore. At first I thought it is mainly I lack HP. But no matter how I bought big amounts of HP Packs still I cannot use my sylph during guild battles or in dungeons. Please advise me how I can use my sylph again. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by edllosa View Post
            I have a problem with my sylph because it cannot be used anymore. At first I thought it is mainly I lack HP. But no matter how I bought big amounts of HP Packs still I cannot use my sylph during guild battles or in dungeons. Please advise me how I can use my sylph again. Thank you.
            That's a bit ambiguous. is it on your character or your eudaemon? What do you mean by you can not use the sylph? Is this about leveling it? Awakening into it? I need a bit more information so I or another can try to help you.
            Always.. Always.. Always be yourself.. unless you can be BATMENTOR! Then always be BATMENTOR muahahahahahahah! (PS: BATMENTOR has Batcupcakes, Batcookies, and Batcake. PS: they just gave me a BatPizza Oven *WOOHOO!*) Bugs can be reported here. Please Read the new format. Check out the Support Page.

Comment

I've to bump this thread since my toon has stepped in the sylph level and some inputs would be welcome and I don't like to make a new thread solely for that when similar thread exists.

As a mage and more importantly as a non-casher I would take one sylph(with more or less all-round capabilities) that I can bring along almost everywhere.
              I know there's no such complete sylph, but still Hades and AQ come close to it as both have the kill & heal skills. And both have Physical attack, which is custom for mage.

I've been reading the more senior players' views - some says Dark (Hades/Gaia/Hecate) is the way to go, others prefer the Fire (AQ/Cerberus/Arise).

I do tilt a bit towards Dark, but checked the top players in my server and other servers are using Arise as their main sylph. Earlier played with AQ and liked it lot.

So what would be that sylph to which all the mahra/sepulcrum can be committed? Btw: I'm to start right away from the Tier 2, skipping the basic one.
              Last edited by alcazarthepicaros; 04-24-2016, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Mahra and specs are pretty easy to get. I get tons of the stuff without even trying (currently have at least 2 full stacks of each and a third stack on the side, so over 20k of each lying around). If you do Dimension War a lot, you will get them by the hundreds, if not thousands, particularly on the Expert Dimensions (they are supremely easy to get these days because of Archeology; just hang around Autaric Plains for a couple of weeks and you'll have Exp Dim chests coming out of your ears). To get best bang for buck, only hit advanced or higher trials and watch your spec and mahra count skyrocket.

Therefore, it is not necessary to just concentrate on one sylph. I have about 8 fully enchanted with normal mahra and specs. Note also that sylph arena and sylph expedition mandates that you have 3 primary sylphs anyway.

Personally, I would say use Electro for WB and your toon's primary sylph when doing PvE stuff. The +5% Matk will help your main toon more than just about anything else. Then, either combine that with Wind, Water or Dark for your sylph arena/expedition team or make a PvP team for those two and Class War (which again would require at least 3 sylphs).

One thing about Wind: Its attacks are primarily AoE, which is good for clearing bad guys and also in many PvP situations. It also has that steal awakening skill (appropriately called Steal) which can be nasty, and the +30% damage for the whole party buff that stacks with other instances of the same skill (e.g., from fellow party members). Wind is worthy of consideration, far more so than Fire, IMO, but note that its passive bonus (+5% HP) sucks big time.

The benefit of Dark over any other sylph is the BR. It basically has the highest stats out of all the sylphs, if I recall correctly, so it will have the highest raw BR. Its skills are pretty good also, generally having a higher raw %age damage than anything bar Fire and Electro, and with both AoE and life steal to boot (which both lack). The caveat is that you will find most people will have high resistance against it (Electro also, mind) because it is so good.

Water is a bit of a mixed bag. It is not really an attack sylph. It is a support sylph. Rain Dance is Blessed light on steroids, and Warm Spring is Restoration on steroids. Add to that, it has Ice Shield, which is basically Agoran Shield for a frontliner (which can be YOU if you are in front). Then you add in the AoE Delphic which has a chance to stun if you have the passive for it, and here is the kicker: a single target skill that does 300% damage to the target with the lowest HP %age. There aren't many non-Delphic sylph skills that can do that much damage to a single target, and it has a CD of 25 secs, which means you can potentially fire it twice on a single sylph awakening. It is good as a backup sylph, and certainly can shine in sylph arena and Class War.

I haven't had much experience with the Light sylph, but I have been looking at it recently. It has a couple of passives that intrigues me, between them granting +15% damage. That can amount to a fair bit, especially when you factor in that most of its skills are AoE. I might try mucking around with it once I get my Water sylph up to the same level as my Electro and Dark sylphs. Either that or Wind, anyway.

Comment

Thank you James for taking the time to response. I will reply to some points you made; but it's already close to midnight here and tomorrow is Monday morning. So, probably will write after returning from work.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                    Mahra and specs are pretty easy to get. I get tons of the stuff without even trying (currently have at least 2 full stacks of each and a third stack on the side, so over 20k of each lying around). If you do Dimension War a lot, you will get them by the hundreds, if not thousands, particularly on the Expert Dimensions (they are supremely easy to get these days because of Archeology; just hang around Autaric Plains for a couple of weeks and you'll have Exp Dim chests coming out of your ears). To get best bang for buck, only hit advanced or higher trials and watch your spec and mahra count skyrocket.

Yes you're right about the expert dimension chests giving abundant Mahra/Sepulcrum.
                    But I'd like to mention that this char has just barely stepped in to the 50, so Dim. wars still 5 levels to go. And since I'm a non-casher, I try to slow-level for obvious reasons with specific in-game objectives. Also when a the dimensional war opens, one simply cant clear the expert dims right away, before the basic, intermediate and advanced. So its still some time away for that option.

Therefore, it is not necessary to just concentrate on one sylph. I have about 8 fully enchanted with normal mahra and specs. Note also that sylph arena and sylph expedition mandates that you have 3 primary sylphs anyway.
                    Right now - to start with - I'll have to develop the one main syph which would be focused on and after making it into a decent one, I'll have to look for the secondary & tertiary sylphs provided the time and materials available then.
                    So, it isn't necessary, but seems plausible at this moment to focus on one at a time.

Also AFAIK, both the sylph arena and Sylph Expd. can can be participated with single sylph.

Personally, I would say use Electro for WB and your toon's primary sylph when doing PvE stuff. The +5% Matk will help your main toon more than just about anything else. Then, either combine that with Wind, Water or Dark for your sylph arena/expedition team or make a PvP team for those two and Class War (which again would require at least 3 sylphs).

One thing about Wind: Its attacks are primarily AoE, which is good for clearing bad guys and also in many PvP situations. It also has that steal awakening skill (appropriately called Steal) which can be nasty, and the +30% damage for the whole party buff that stacks with other instances of the same skill (e.g., from fellow party members). Wind is worthy of consideration, far more so than Fire, IMO, but note that its passive bonus (+5% HP) sucks big time.

The benefit of Dark over any other sylph is the BR. It basically has the highest stats out of all the sylphs, if I recall correctly, so it will have the highest raw BR. Its skills are pretty good also, generally having a higher raw %age damage than anything bar Fire and Electro, and with both AoE and life steal to boot (which both lack). The caveat is that you will find most people will have high resistance against it (Electro also, mind) because it is so good.

Water is a bit of a mixed bag. It is not really an attack sylph. It is a support sylph. Rain Dance is Blessed light on steroids, and Warm Spring is Restoration on steroids. Add to that, it has Ice Shield, which is basically Agoran Shield for a frontliner (which can be YOU if you are in front). Then you add in the AoE Delphic which has a chance to stun if you have the passive for it, and here is the kicker: a single target skill that does 300% damage to the target with the lowest HP %age. There aren't many non-Delphic sylph skills that can do that much damage to a single target, and it has a CD of 25 secs, which means you can potentially fire it twice on a single sylph awakening. It is good as a backup sylph, and certainly can shine in sylph arena and Class War.

I haven't had much experience with the Light sylph, but I have been looking at it recently. It has a couple of passives that intrigues me, between them granting +15% damage. That can amount to a fair bit, especially when you factor in that most of its skills are AoE. I might try mucking around with it once I get my Water sylph up to the same level as my Electro and Dark sylphs. Either that or Wind, anyway.
                    Thanks for the above analysis and opinion and there is nothing to disagree there.

Actually I did play with all types of single element sylphs before this (as archer mainly) so I am somewhat familiar with them. Just that this is my first stint with the Mage class, so I was thinking which sylph to accompany with. And after thorough analyzing my strength & weaknesses, I can say that as the mage I can pretty much cover the AoE part, so clearing the pesky troops isn't the prob. And after clearing the troops - what remains is the opponent standing. There I need something which does maximum single target damage.
                    And Electro is the automatic choice for that. As you said earlier in another thread, it's pure damage machine so it will work best in the situation IMHO.

It's already arguably the best sylph in PvE (the purple 5 star Hercules of my archer most of the time single-handedly downs every other sylph of the same & advanced level & even more BR in sylph arena when in 1v1 situation, I do have 3 sylphs setup there though The other two Triton and Apollo are much weaker than Herc.)
                    So no reason why it can't be effective in PvP.

Note: I said arguably, cause the Dark sylph has two invaluable skills that can save one's butt in PvE - the Devour Soul and Haunt. So it's by par with Electro, though probably Unstable Voltage wins ultimately. Just plane raw damage. Sometimes brute force doesn't work when the opponent is on some buffs and castes spell on the player. Fortunately Mages can use both Purification skill and Purge rune. So I am confident Electro will get along as desired.

Water is best supportive sylph, I like when the Triton castes its Ice Armour over the front Herc in Sylph Arena, making it to take zero damage.

Light has solid AoE skills and Athena rocks in Arena, I can tell you that. My weak Apollo gets it's job done most of the time before Herc finishes them. The non-delphic Divine Prayer of Light is a cool AoE dealing Deals 200% + 3564 magic damage to all enemies & target's damage received increased by 5% for 2 turns.

Well, then Electro is the first priority for now. All in all, have to see how it works with the Mage.

Thanks again for your reflections.

Comment

Thanks much. Appreciated.

Comment

First thing: I was unaware you had to go through the difficulties before getting to Expert dim. I am always under the impression that you can do whichever one you have the coords for.

Second: Do NOT camp. Go straight to L80 Advanced Class, do not pass Asima, do not collect Stupid Points.

If you want to do well with your sylphs, you need sylph power. That means you need to do things like Dim War to get that power. At L50, you are not going to get far in there. L80 AC is a massive boost in power, and you want that. Otherwise, your DW will be long and boring. It is boring enough even when I can 1-shot most things in there, making all combats trivial. If you have to struggle in every single fight, you're asking for burnout.

The problem with Electro and Dark is that there will be a lot of people running around with 20k+ resists in both. That is because they are heavily over-represented in sylph choices. Just as you gun for them as they are the best, so will people gun for the resistances for them. So, it is a bit of a gamble, unless you run into someone like me, who has moderate to heavy resists in just about all types, so ultra heavy in just 2 or 3.

If you are a mage who is doing the primary nuking in your group, then you will not be running around with purge and puri. In class wars, you'd be crazy to be running around with those. There is simply no space for them.

Electro does well with mages. There is no reason why it wouldn't. I run Electro as my primary sylph, and I play a mage.

But I'd like to repeat: do NOT camp. It is not worth the power you will lose to those who did not.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                          First thing: I was unaware you had to go through the difficulties before getting to Expert dim. I am always under the impression that you can do whichever one you have the coords for.
                          No I meant the difficulties for a player who just got to 55, surely it will be near impossible for that player to straightaway win at the Expert Dim. wars, unless of course he's a whale/hacker.
                          (Well, met 2-3 of them in the BG, one was "Tripaseca" & other was "UrsaPimpao" both with heavy stats since the lower levels, now at 55 they already close to 900K BR). But that's exception.

Do NOT camp. Go straight to L80 Advanced Class, do not pass Asima, do not collect Stupid Points.
                          Firstly to tell you, I'm not into camping, but slow-leveling. Before this toon, I have played this game in the normal way, no camping/holding levels and reached 80 and did pretty well too (I was in Kabam before coming to R2, wanted to play here lol...)

This time I decided to experiment with playing differently. While choosing a new class not played before, I planned to slow-level and see how things go.
                          Well, TBH, it's quite mechanical and I had much fun in the 80+. But since I have some in-game goals to reach, I can't spoil that coming this far. PvP wise I hope to get the highest title (soon to be Major) and in general - to attain L.D. before hitting 59 (now E.C.).

The fun and enjoyment and the power I am missing, I try to compensate when I log in with my "casual" class advanced Archer with Herc (Zeus soon hopefully) and Battle Oracle on.
                          But with the Mage, the approach will be different.

And no I don't do CQ, once did it-got the 200 chests, that was enough for me.

If you want to do well with your sylphs, you need sylph power. That means you need to do things like Dim War to get that power. At L50, you are not going to get far in there. L80 AC is a massive boost in power, and you want that. Otherwise, your DW will be long and boring. It is boring enough even when I can 1-shot most things in there, making all combats trivial. If you have to struggle in every single fight, you're asking for burnout.
                          Yup quite right, no denying there. But for a level holder, there are other ways to get stronger without getting unnecessary exp. E.g., max every skills (Guild/Advanced, Academy), max the premiere Astrals, upgrading stables, upgrading gems etc. Now Talent system is on, so the exp. from Cata blitz will be fed into it till it's capped. Also other free sources of gems are there.

The problem with Electro and Dark is that there will be a lot of people running around with 20k+ resists in both. That is because they are heavily over-represented in sylph choices. Just as you gun for them as they are the best, so will people gun for the resistances for them. So, it is a bit of a gamble...
                          I've thought of that and know that those two resistance are most common. As a reason I was tilted more towards Fire initially whose res can be seen a bit less than those two. But I accept that challenge or gamble whatever it may be called & will see about it.

If you are a mage who is doing the primary nuking in your group, then you will not be running around with purge and puri. In class wars, you'd be crazy to be running around with those. There is simply no space for them.
                          Yes, I know CW have no place for those. No time for them lol. And no group - I am solo. The server is infested with portuguese speaking people so no grouping is feasible with them. Majority of english speakers have left, only handful of lev. 80 couples I know who do their own runs silently and log off. So I don't bother about grouping.
                          Though if I world invite on a MPD/Spire run some brazilians just fly in and I don't kick them. But I generally run without any company. No grouping with this current state, unless there's a server merge.
                          On the other day on level 48 I solo'd Badlands NM - w/o potions/scrolls/academy bonus. Just with the puri all through and no healing until the final boss. That one is real tough, required several heals, but did it at the first chance with "S". Next target GoD Normal+NM. So I am all by myself and I just have to ensure I've got all the help I need.

Electro does well with mages. There is no reason why it wouldn't. I run Electro as my primary sylph, and I play a mage.
                          I know that & hence the relevant opinions are more welcome.
                          Last edited by alcazarthepicaros; 04-26-2016, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Ugh! If that is the case, go to the Oceanic servers. They seem to be more diverse. But becareful though. Instead of the Polish mafia we get in the Eu servers or the Brazillian mafia on the US servers, they get the Indian and Indonesian mafias. Just stay away from their guilds and you'll be fine.
                            Last edited by AdaJames; 04-26-2016, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Nah. Not going to make another new toon on other server. Either this or not. The troublemakers are everywhere, irrespective of regions and locations; on Kabam US West met with the North Americans of the same kind. Have seen it all.

I don't let them affect my game-play, so that doesn't bother me unless the limits are crossed, then that is reported.

The way the servers are getting anemic regularly, a big merge is upcoming soon. Will see how things go then.

Comment

Working...
                              X