Zooming It Up: 6.1 World Prosperity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zooming It Up: 6.1 World Prosperity

I've decided to get my wife to play this somewhat "broke" game (yeah, I said it with the nerfing and bugging going about) so we can see what the marriage system is like. As we were developing her character, there had been a few changes to the World Prosperity (WP for short). In the old version, it would start at 1000% after a person gets level 26 which will net you 10x the EXP (this is why you save the Orange Bounty Quests, Hero Difficulties, Guild Tree, Farm, and MPDs much later to gather your EXP) to get faster towards 80. Or so that we think.

In this version, it's new (all you campers listen up as it is limited):

Level 26 starts you off at 100% now and each level after goes 50% until it hits level 44 (at 1000%). You will have this 1000% until level 67 where it starts to gradually drop (will get that far to see if it still holds, will update as it goes) on the way towards 80. Knowing what to do and when to do it will get you as much EXP as you can possibly get without wasted effort.

Campers will like this because they won't have to worry about gaining levels very fast while they are building their own characters (I really don't see why would anyone stay behind as they will miss out on stuff at the higher levels). I am still thinking the GET EXP icon shows up at level 46, so I will have to get that point to see if it is true (she is lvl 45 as of tonight).

So if anyone asks about the WP, I am hoping they will look here until ProCity (or whatever dev is holding WT's chain these days) decides to break it again.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

It was like that before 6.1 patch, but not sure when it changed. Just sayin'.

I agree that people should just level like crazy. You gain more BR per month at lvl 80 so overall you will be stronger. And just because you are level 80 does NOT mean you are forced to do Nirvana NM everyday. A lvl 80 can work on getting their 70 set or even their 40 set. You can solo stuff until you get stronger, and you'll get stronger faster at lvl 80. No need to beg for help in Nirvana NM just because you leveled too fast.

Worried about PvP? Unless you are a billionaire, don't be. Nobody can compete without a mountain of cash. Just enjoy the social aspects of the game and PvE. Just random advice that is kind of on-topic, for any newbies reading.
    Starblaze - S658

Comment

Before 6.1, WP was at 1000% at level 26 (when you first get it). Now, it's starting at 100% and gradually goes up 50% each level until it hits level 44 (at a full 1000%). This will maintain until you hit level 67 where it drops to 989%. I have yet to hit spire on an alt at level 66 (the final 1000% bracket) to see how the EXP will affect between that one and one that is level 67. I might do that one day WHEN the developer fixes the EXP math for spire as it was supposed to be 7x for the week instead of 1x for it.

I am not too worried about PVP as it is all shot up to hell. I only "gamble" to find a "winning" side to complete part of the Class Advancement quest. After that, I just don't care for it much.

Comment

Actually you are wrong. I made a new toon about a month ago, for whatever reason I had in my mind at the time. That was well before patch 6.1 and the new toon had all the world prosperity conditions stated above. He got to lvl 26 and had 100% exp boost, 27 had 150%, etc... Even got him to lvl 55 before patch 6.1 and it was 50% extra per level. None of what you are saying is new as of 6.1 patch. Not sure when it was all changed, though.

Yeah I submitted several tickets with several screenshots of Spire Normal EXP not being 7x and sometimes only being 1x. Months of trying to get R2 to do something about it, but meh. I do Spire NM now so I can't be bothered fighting R2 about it anymore. And I maxed talents on my way to Knighthood, so exp means literally nothing to me, for the moment. Once I reach Knighthood I will need like 30 billion exp, so it will be important to me again.

Yeah I only enter battleground and leave, each day, for Devo. I only do 5 MP arena matches (solo) for Devo or 10 during an event (that event gives 500 honor and is my only source of honor as guild battle is bad time of day for me). Post Grab is pointless nonsense. If everyone just did nothing, everyone would get 400 outland crystals per day but people are too selfish. Anything PvP is pointless for anyone besides rich people. Pretty sad, but that is life. Anyone who wants a buy-to-play game and actually be able to compete should stay away from WarTune.

And there is no such thing as a free-to-win game. Free-to-play is always pay-to-win, of course.
        Starblaze - S658

Comment

Well it might be 5.8 or 5.9, because prior to those two I had created a full archer unit on a new server that got merged into my old one to know the values (comparisons of the old and new). I created the girls right after 6.1 came out just to have some fun with it.

I guess I am not the only one who saw what was wrong with the weekly spire attempt when it comes to EXP math. I used to say that about EXP before CA came about that I thought each one after the MAX would be lost (or not gained). I was quite wrong until I hit CA to get a boost up in the pack. I hardly care for it now as I know I am half in and half out of the game, but if it's anything, I will hoard what EXP that is given to me to see what happens next.

If the developer have a real way of making matching work, then it would be a good thing. However, this "one size fits all" excuse is what drives many away from doing PVP. It was funny when I started a measly character (just one) on a server to put it into MP arena just to watch it wet its pants when faced with 4 with KH already attained. I was a funny moment that sometimes I asked myself "what did I do to deserve such?" LOL.

I kind of differ on that last part. There are a few where a non-spender as myself can venture and have my way with those who spend. I just stop right at the moment when the gap between spender and non-spender gets too far apart. That's on any game. But as long as people spend on a game like this, it will thrive (for the wrong reasons) while everyone else finds another to play.

Comment

Yeah it was not 6.1 but it was not too long ago either, that world prosperity changed in this way. I actually prefer it the old way, but at least it is still there.

Yeah Spire never gave me 7x EXP and ToK never gave me 70 shadow spirits. I can see why they never bothered to fix that, as now with 6.1 patch ToK gives zero shadow spirits (several mounts are now mount-shop-only so beast-souls-only, that were previously obtained in other ways as well).

To be fair, in the old days MP arena was matched based on Team BR total. It sounds good, right? Wrong. People would make a party of 1 strong player and 3 weak players, to cheat the system. Then it was based solely on highest level bracket of team. It was fair enough, but promoted camping (like battlegrounds still do) and R2 hate campers (hence why all players gain 10% exp per daily login, no matter what). R2 want players to level up so they fight monsters and feel pressured to cash to catch up and stay competitive. It backfires, though, as the top players have spent at least $100,000 on their toon, so it is impossible to catch up. Makes people feel less inspired to cash when they need to sell their house to compete. If people only had to spend $20 a week to be competitive, they would be more likely to do so.

When I say free-to-win I mean a game that is 100% free to play and the very top players have spent no money on the game at all. Such a game simply does not exist. All free-to-play games have some form of cost that gives people a huge advantage. If a game has no ongoing fees (buy-to-play or buy-to-win) then it is also NOT free-to-play or free-to-win. Such a formula would make a company go bankrupt. The BEST kind of MMO is buy-to-win in my opinion. I can think of at least one extremely good MMO that has no ongoing fees that give people any real advantage. Simply buy the game and play it free after that, forever. Nothing to spend money on that gives you an advantage in PvP. Just time spent playing and skill. WarTune is nothing like that, but I really like the social aspect and the PvE, so here I am.
            Starblaze - S658

Comment

Yeah, I hear ya. I so remembered the old WT where I had seen people wanting folks of a certain BR and/or level just to compete and win. I only had three guys at the time (when it was just 3v3) so I just tossed them in. I only played a few months as the WP was low at the time and the EXP gained from dungeons was much worse when you leveled up (diminishes as you get out of the level range of said dungeon), so it was kind of difficult to move in without spending. I had only spent on one game in my entire life but not as an uber casher as many are doing now. 20-30 a month was good enough for me in those days until people came out with hacks/cheats that made certain premium things "free" to get. I since left that game (client based) after that.

There was another game (R2) I had played in the time I vacay from WT (the old one) and returned where I didn't spend a single cent on. I remembered those who had spent "foolishly" were taunting me in saying I will never beat them. Took my wits with me as I build my character, mercenaries, and mount/wings. I was racing through event based dungeons and grabbing the top 3 spots in 1v1 arena (I say that because I got two other people who are always playing "musical chairs" with the spot. I was a demon in battlegrounds that I only pick on those who try to pick on the weak. I get some wins and some losses, but that was fun. I took a break from that game when I heard about the "new" things WT had to offer at the time to give it another shot.

Made too many friends that I cannot just part away from the game now. So I know how that is like. I do visit from time to time and only join up on events that give a decent return.

Comment

Yeah, the game has been great and terrible in many ways, over the years. A lot of problems fixed, a lot of problems added. Overall it is way better now, but the simple days were nicer in their own way. Ups and downs to the changes.

These days, it is nice to just login, have a chat, and do some quick dailies / events for some BR gain. Can't be bothered taking it all too seriously. That said, a 'few dailies' takes 5 darn hours, lol
                Starblaze - S658

Comment

Working...
                X