Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Guide] How to be #1 from the start.

Still a work in progress: Pictures etc will come soon

Hello, this guide is going to show you how to level fast and be a high ranking player even without VIP from level 1. I will assume that you have a basic understanding of the game and if not you can always reference other material when necessary.

Leveling

Levels 1-7

Tutorial

Levels 8 - 13

To come etc

Levels 13 - 20

To come ec

General information

Bounties

Bounty quests are received from the "Bounty Hall" at level 17. These quests are one of your primary forms of gathering experience, you get four different quests which have different colours. The color represents the quality of the reward, this list is Orange, Purple, Blue, Green and white from highest to lowest. How picky you are of your bounty quests will be relative to how much time you have available to check the bounties.

In terms of relative XP compared to white

Orange: White x 5
    Purple: White x 4
    Blue: White x 3
    Green: White x 2

24 Checks+:Orange,Purple,Blue
    12-23 Checks:Orange,Purple,Blue,Green
    10- Check:Orange,Purple,Blue,Green,white?

Catacombs

You gain access to this at level 23. This is extremely crucial to your later stages of the games when you gather trinkets and rings as they will bolster your stats incredibly hard. It is extremely difficult to gather large amounts of crypt tokens(Which you purchase these items with. So instead we will be trying to maximize our efficiency in here and setup for later on when it is easier to get larger amounts.

Firstly you will NEVER want to use a crypt key here until around level 35-40(Whichever you decide) when you have your PVP set(Bought from Arena Shop) or level 40 PVE set(Synthesized from blacksmith).On the first day you have access to the dungeon do not go through it this will allow you to store your crypt run and still have another free run for the next day. That means tomorrow you will be able to do the same run although go far deeper in the dungeon and hence get more xp and crypt tokens.

Duels

When duelling you should always be challenging the highest player you can beat(Or the lowest chance of you losing too) so that you can climb the duel rankings before arena rewards(Playing your last duels before reset of the day can help). This means when the day comes you have a higher rank which allows you to challenge up higher in the ladder to get higher rewards.You can also maximize your chances of winning a duel by swapping your astrals or gems right before a duel depending on which class you are versueing.

Multiplayer Arena

Arena is where your first source of insignia's will come in. It is crucial that you try to win these to stock up for your first PVP set at level 35. The first player on that server which gets a complete set(Or even 3) has a huge advantage over all other players until they catch up.

Friendliness

Friendliness is something that is woefully under appreciated. It can give you bonus combat stats and extra bonus ranging from 5 - 10%. This will help you increase your levelling speed a large amount, although this only helps in multiplayer dungeons that is where a significant amount of your experience will be coming from. To get friendliness with another player you can enchant their tree of ancients on the farm, run multiplayer dungeons with them(I believe you both have a MP dungeon slot open) and giving them roses. Once you have reached a friendliness of 3 with another person it could be better to use your roses on another person which you may occasionally or actively do MP dungeons with to give you an alternative if the main person is not around.

Multiplayer Dungeons/Hall of Heroes

This is going to be your main source of experience per a day and is unlocked at level 20.Try do the three runs consistently in a row on the highest available dungeon as it will maximise your experience when using an XP scroll. Always use at least one scroll when doing this as you get one 50% exp scroll a day from your daily tasks(Do not use 100%XP scrolls until 40+). The optimal time to use an xp scroll will be before the final boss of your first attempt, this will give you some leeway between dungeons incase a team mate leaves. Although if you are certain that you will be running all three attempts without much interference then feel free to use at the start.

If you have some spare time left on your scroll then do some campaign runs as you will still benefit from the scroll(Crypt/quests/duel arena do not benefit).

Campaign

When doing campaign's try to wait until you have completed your multiplayer dungeon and get the bonus experience. The most important thing I can stress here is to always do the dungeon where the quests are allocated if possible. This is due to the fact that the quests are pre-requisites for the quests for higher level dungeons, if you mess this up it can set you back heavily.

Guild

Which guild you join will heavily influence how fast you level. When you join a strong or helpful guild they can help you level up faster because if it is a well established server they can help you run multiplayer dungeons. If it is a new server then you can run higher level dungeons together and build friendliness.

Another big factor about guilds is that you can gain large amount of training whips/insignia/honour from participating in guild battles. Guild battles happen 4 times a week(Soon 3 with 1.5) and you gain more rewards depending on how long you last or fast you win.

Regular/Daily Quests

Obviously you will want to do these as soon as possible as they give you large sums of experience and other awards. Try to ensure you do your daily quests everyday to maximize experience and benefits.

World Boss

You will want to attend as many world bosses as you can using the double method. This is when you incorporate your normal physical auto attack and a spell just after, hereby by doing two lots of damage per attack of the boss instead of the regular one.

Farming

Farming is something that you should always be actively doing and raising levels. Every 5 levels that you get on your farm(Not character level), you want to constantly be farming xp seeds and one kyranite seed. This is to that you can keep constantly gaining levels to run better dungeons and keep acquiring more higher tiered gear. When you are going to be away for periods of longer than 2-3 hours then you would best plant the "Superior" seeds which have a growth time of 4 hours, otherwise you will want to plan the one hour seeds as they do give more rewards relative to the time. Also if before you go to bed or leave for the night enchant all the tree of ancients possible for the rewards.

Every time you check on your plants or have nothing to do you should always go through your friends to see if there is any experience available or plants to harvest. There is an exp cap on how much you can gain per day on a farm which is reset after the tree of ancients reset event.

Plundering
    ​You will want to plunder opponents after world bosses which you know you can beat or inactive players. This will give you the greatest possible gold reward per plunder.
    Last edited by Patyfatycake; 02-21-2013, 12:37 AM. Reason: Added guild battles

Here's a very old guide, but nevertheless most of it is still relevant:
    http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....w-to-get-ahead

There is significant overlap of yours with that, but still good job at writing one.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Also, it is my personal opinion that plundering someone after World Boss and/or Arena rewards is bad etiquette.
      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
      [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
        Also, it is my personal opinion that plundering someone after World Boss and/or Arena rewards is bad etiquette.
        Arena awards would be hard to judge although by plundering I didn't mean the person who won or got last hit or top three. Just in general plunder people afterwards.

Here's a very old guide, but nevertheless most of it is still relevant:
        http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....w-to-get-ahead

There is significant overlap of yours with that, but still good job at writing one.
        Wow there is, I might check his/her out after I have wrote some more and credit em.

Thanks
        Last edited by Patyfatycake; 02-14-2013, 08:54 PM. Reason: Him/her + some basic stuff

Comment

Nice guide
          Game : Wartune
          IGN: Mytza
          Class: Mage
          Level: 26
          Wings: None
          Mount: None
          Pet: None

Comment

phish! This is a war game. To win you have to deny the opposition their ammunition and supplies... starve em out!

It's bad etiquette to spawn kill... (in my opinion) yet I haven't yet seen a server where it doesn't happen. Period.
            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
            You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
            Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

well i have to disagree with this.. I personally plunder after WB and we all know for a fact the reason ^_^
              permanent ban those hackers!
              to File ticket/ report suspicious player click link -> :
              how-to-file-ticket-guilde- ->

Comment

Working...
              X