Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YOu guys dont get the point, he wants to be strong for his level. TBH, he still isnt extremely doing it, cuz if he is, he should be farming half the loids needed for 70 while 69. So you need like 8000 loids from DT/Moon, 2 years of staying below 70. After that he go 70 and farm the remaining 800 loids and 800 leg stones and poof 70 pve set with super gems. It's his preference, whether you like it or not.

Me on the other hand does the exact opposite, i level to 71 fast, low BR but can do Normal Mpd. i dont even have level 2 HS. i want to raise my br as fast as possible while save my socketing rods, etc. Cuz it's too rare for non cashers. i skipped 50 pve 60 pve. I didnt Leg my 50 accesories. Now im using 40 pve fully socketed and 70 accessories not fully socketed. I full socketed my 50 purple accesories, and only used them for like 1.5 months, it was bad decision on my part and now im suffering the consequences for my 70 accessories. Hoping for people to get 70 and start doing 70 normal MPD.

It's a matter of strategy for your preference. I can say Ginger is doing great for his preferred style of play. It's just you people don't like his style of play.
    Last edited by taratonlair; 03-18-2014, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by taratonlair View Post
      It's a matter of strategy for your preference.
      That is a very nice way of putting it. I may borrow that as a quote if you don't mind.

Originally posted by taratonlair View Post
      I can say Ginger is doing great for his preferred style of play. It's just you people don't like his style of play.
      Heh! Thanks!

And the second part is also very true, like you say though: the preference for strategy. Play to enjoy yourself.
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
      Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

• actually every person's idea now before lvl 40 is to hit 30k br at below lvl 40 so that they can hit 50k br later i already saw a mage with 50 k br no pots at lvl 47 and he planning for lvl 50 leg set although he has some crystaloids a bit planning shouldnt be hard if u work for it

Comment

• Originally posted by R230527394 View Post
          i already saw a mage with 50 k br no pots at lvl 47
          o.O

Holy...

That's a scary mo-fo character!
          You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P

Comment

• Ty Ginger for this great guide.
            Since I usually do tanks I cannot use up all my runestones (I am lvl 48 now). With this Rune Exchange Event I could get ALL the runes available, without spending any money on it. I think it can go to the pros of slow levelling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arya_St View Post
              With this Rune Exchange Event I could get ALL the runes available, without spending any money on it. I think it can go to the pros of slow levelling.
              I am jelly that you got all the runes! *damn* I stopped playing tanks some time back (frustration at quitters and the battles being known pretty much in advance) so my rune stone collection was limited... *silly me*
              | GNUTerryPrachett |

| |
              | | | |

Comment

• Once you hit Lord Divine (Lv 56-59), your main camping goal has been achieved, at this point you should catch up with the bigger guys. The payoff for a higher level compared to lower bracket Arena is better imo, (World Boss, MPd's, Duel Pay Days, Class Wars, solo dungeons). Also keep your Sylphs in mind.

One important thing I'd like to stress out that you should NEVER skip Cata. As the only proper source for Crypt Coins and by far the best source for free Gems you should try modeling your leveling plan around it. I think the earliest level where you should make a serious approach at clearing it would be 50 (free-medium casher perspective). Temps are a huge boost over Knights and an extra Astral slot always helps. Another skill point and Sylphs don't hurt as well.

I'd like to hear an opinion about Lv 50 Leg + Lv 55 PvP. You will spend a lot of time in the 50-59 and 55-64 bracket so is the 50 leg worth the massive extra resources in the end, especially if you plan to get lv 60 leg as well? Lv 50 Leg Jewels and Rings are a must I think.
                Last edited by Atombender; 03-25-2014, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Also Ginger, when you're put into a 60-69 BG, do you always stay or sometimes leave for 5 min and rejoin in hoping to get a 55-64?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atombender View Post
                    Once you hit Lord Divine (Lv 56-59), your main camping goal has been achieved, at this point you should catch up with the bigger guys. The payoff for a higher level compared to lower bracket Arena is better imo, (World Boss, MPd's, Duel Pay Days, Class Wars, solo dungeons). Also keep your Sylphs in mind.
                    That depends if you make a 'camping goal'. LD for me was just a side effect of defending myself in BG on a daily basis.

Originally posted by Atombender View Post
                    One important thing I'd like to stress out that you should NEVER skip Cata. As the only proper source for Crypt Coins and by far the best source for free Gems you should try modeling your leveling plan around it. I think the earliest level where you should make a serious approach at clearing it would be 50 (free-medium casher perspective). Temps are a huge boost over Knights and an extra Astral slot always helps. Another skill point and Sylphs don't hurt as well.
                    Skipping cata is a subjective view. I skipped the catas between level 30 and about 42/43 (or about 5 months of play time). It seemed to work out OK for me.

I'd like to hear an opinion about Lv 50 Leg + Lv 55 PvP. You will spend a lot of time in the 50-59 and 55-64 bracket so is the 50 leg worth the massive extra resources in the end, especially if you plan to get lv 60 leg as well? Lv 50 Leg Jewels and Rings are a must I think.
                    50 Legend is far superior to 55 PvP in all aspects. I got the full 8 piece 50 set.

I am currently sporting the full 8 piece 60 set.

Personally, there is slow leveling and 'slow leveling'

If you intend to go a little bit slower than most people, I would suggest either the 50 Legend, or the 60 Legend set and go straight for 70 Legend. If you intend to go extremely slow, you might as well get all the sets.

Also Ginger, when you're put into a 60-69 BG, do you always stay or sometimes leave for 5 min and rejoin in hoping to get a 55-64?
                    Depends on my goals for the particular BG: If it's one of my first two BG's in a day: I quit: In my first 2 BG's I exclusively cart. I don't want to waste time stunned by noobs who are no (BR) match for me.

Once my two cart runs are done, I tend to enter BG's to mess around in either for Resource Officer kills or to work on slowly gaining that 'Grim Reaper' title.
                    Last edited by GingerTheHutt; 03-25-2014, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• Thanks.

I am a semi-retired Knight (Lv 74), which means that I only do solo stuff and don't log in every day anymore. Used to be medium casher (about 50 per month but events can screw up any spending pattern quickly). I noticed that after hitting 60 my spending would increase by a factor of 2. The usual excuses, trying to stay in the Top 50 BR, occasionally ending up in the Top 20 on payday. Huge jump in bonus compared to 50-100. I hate(d) the class but the introduction of Sylphs made it more competitive in higher brackets. I still think that at least until Lv 49 Mage is the to-go class for BG's but ultimately you should decide which class you like the most. Unfortunately you can't reroll so you can only choose your next class based on experience. Incidentally my favourite class is also Mage, I played an Archer until Lv 44 and found it very boring TBH.

Edit: I am playing on Kong and been waiting for a 3rd EU server to open for a while now. Been almost a year since EU2 opened...
                      Last edited by Atombender; 03-25-2014, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Just leaving this here not me

Heavy casher though, epic Apollo, Lv 6 wings, etc. AND...still Imperial Commander.

Comment

• thx gingerthehutt.. u guide help alot for my knight build.
                          this guide prove me the fact... thx again haha
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	plunder.png
Views:	1
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	1684203
                          They never know when im getting bored of this. (REMOVE VIP BENEFIT LESS HONOR IN BATTLE)

Comment

• Finally saved enough bound balens to get my wings today
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	ry.png
Views:	1
Size:	418.0 KB
ID:	1684206
                            I had too much fun during the gems events so my hp and mdef gems are really low level.

Comment

• valaki it tud magyarul

Comment

• mert ha igen irjon viszaaa

Comment

Working...
                                X