Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KatyWar View Post
    So i should farm honor in bgs for 45 pvp set and then lvl up to 45 right?

Ty for help ginger
    farming honour will help you get stronger yes. But that is not what I said. I said you should compete in 4v4 arena, and that will reward you insignia.
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

• At lvl 54 how you spend your exp if we have at talents maxed for this lvl?

Comment

• Ginger, I want to know your suggestion about my toon.
        Currently we have no knight for arena, so I act as tank for my team.
        Wanna ask if this build is correct or I should change it.
        Current refine: strentgh, defense, patk, crit, block.
        Gems: 8 patk, 6 block, 5 mdef, 5 hp, 4 pdef.
        This is the stats of my toon.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	1.toon.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1696409

Astral

Name:	2.astral.JPG
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1696410

Stables

Name:	3.stable.JPG
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1696408

Should I put most of my whips to armor so i can get better defense?
        *ignore the int, it was when idk how to play
        IGN: Kill Me
        S-385 (West Coast) - Crimson Lair

Comment

• Remember that Archers get a passive HP bonus. Just check what the top players on server are doing but in general it's never a bad idea to keep Endurance and Defense at about the same level.

Comment

• I reached all my goals ( all lvl 8 gems; 100k+ HP and at next wip event i will have lvl 7 stables and at next sc event hopefully 60+ engraving).

I just made VIP 8 and until i finish my 60 set i think i will reach VIP 9 and i will do BG (i heard of 160k+ BR monsters in 55-64 BG and also in BG 50-59 i saw a knight with 117k BR) or earlier if i will be to bored. I really want to start sky trial for the daily horns and with luck to get my first purple sylph soon.

Oh i will try to lvl in a BG to be the only lvl 60 there.

Lv 69 with 200k and orange sylph in BG today. Forgot name though.

Anway, there are more PvP titles after LD Mythic Dragon Knight 360k) but I don't know if they are all unlockable at Lv 60.

Comment

• Originally posted by heuheuheu View Post
              Ginger, I want to know your suggestion about my toon.
              Currently we have no knight for arena, so I act as tank for my team.
              Wanna ask if this build is correct or I should change it.
              Current refine: strentgh, defense, patk, crit, block.
              Gems: 8 patk, 6 block, 5 mdef, 5 hp, 4 pdef.
              This is the stats of my toon.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]107134[/ATTACH]

Astral
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]107135[/ATTACH]

Stables
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]107133[/ATTACH]

Should I put most of my whips to armor so i can get better defense?
              *ignore the int, it was when idk how to play
              *Ignoring the intel* (I have a similar level of strength on my mount... don't worry! )

There is no such thing as a 'correct build'. For the role you are trying to fulfill, I'm not sure if there's anything I would suggest changing. To me a tank is a HP and defense preference player. As an Archer this is difficult to incorporate and still remain effective as a potential damage dealer.

Aside from maybe trivial things regarding play style, I'm uncertain what to suggest aside from asking:

You're not entirely socketted? your equipped gem count doesn't add up to 32?

Originally posted by Atombender View Post
              Lv 69 with 200k and orange sylph in BG today. Forgot name though.
              I met one of those recently... mine had the name of one of the musketeers...

Originally posted by Atombender View Post
              Anway, there are more PvP titles after LD Mythic Dragon Knight 360k) but I don't know if they are all unlockable at Lv 60.
              I have no idea where the level cap on honour is now. Waiting for someone reliable to post up what they know.
              You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P

Comment

• A lot has changed in the game since Ginger made his guide for the first time. This has made a lot of people doubt or at least question the benefits of slow leveling, so having faced Ginger in many a battleground, I feel obliged to come to his defense and point out several new benefits of slow leveling:

1. As a mid-range casher, I have set my sights on building a long-term strong character without spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to do it. This means I have to make optimal use of events. To achieve this, I have to save up on whips, soul crystals, mahra, sepulcrum, gems and even runestones until the regular events for them come up. When we use things during events, we get much higher benefits. So, we need to take things slowly because of such events granting us around +50% benefits.
                2. Also, I need time to make my 70 set, make it legendary, enchant it, then make it 80 and ultimately use holy cast on it. You can do this either by paying through the roof to buy items asap, or by taking it slow and grind for the items. The end result is the same, but your spending is very different.
                3. You need a lot of resources like kyanite, gold, insignia and crypt tokens to develop your character at high levels, and after 80 you add to that the resources for mount upgrading and holy cast. Again, you can spend crazy amounts of cash to buy these items or grind for them and get them for free.
                4. Honour is something that takes time, even with vip 9 - and if you rush into things rather than maximize first your holy seal and then your passive talents for every level, you will find yourself stunned practically every single battle. Not to mention that you must have very high level runes to stand a chance when facing level 80 players in Arena or BG. All of these things mean that you have to go slowly and maximize for every single level along the way before leveling up.
                5. Finally, if you do things slowly, you have time to watch strong player's builds and make up your mind what their mistakes were so you do not repeat them, and invest better.

For all of the above reasons, slow leveling (with or without cashing) will always work to your benefit.

Altazarus, guild master of Immortals S484

Comment

• Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post

There is no such thing as a 'correct build'. For the role you are trying to fulfill, I'm not sure if there's anything I would suggest changing. To me a tank is a HP and defense preference player. As an Archer this is difficult to incorporate and still remain effective as a potential damage dealer.

Aside from maybe trivial things regarding play style, I'm uncertain what to suggest aside from asking:

You're not entirely socketted? your equipped gem count doesn't add up to 32?
                  Ah, i forgot the crit gems
                  Gems: 8 patk, 4 pdef, 4 crit, 6 block, 5 mdef, 5 hp.
                  What I want to know is which one is better, keep the block at 6.9k (now my astral is lv 7) with 15k pdef, 14.6k mdef, and 104k hp.
                  Or 2nd choice, convert block gems into pdef, mdef, hp.
                  I'm not sure to keep current build or trade 6 block gems into 1 crit, 2 pdef, 2 mdef, 1 hp.
                  With this 2nd build, my block will be 3.5k, pdef 16.5k, mdef 16k, hp 108k and crit 7.7k.
                  IGN: Kill Me
                  S-385 (West Coast) - Crimson Lair

Comment

• Originally posted by heuheuheu View Post
                    Ah, i forgot the crit gems
                    Gems: 8 patk, 4 pdef, 4 crit, 6 block, 5 mdef, 5 hp.
                    What I want to know is which one is better, keep the block at 6.9k (now my astral is lv 7) with 15k pdef, 14.6k mdef, and 104k hp.
                    Or 2nd choice, convert block gems into pdef, mdef, hp.
                    I'm not sure to keep current build or trade 6 block gems into 1 crit, 2 pdef, 2 mdef, 1 hp.
                    With this 2nd build, my block will be 3.5k, pdef 16.5k, mdef 16k, hp 108k and crit 7.7k.
                    Option 1: 15.0K PDEF 14.6K MDEF 104K HP 6.9K Block 7.1K Crit
                    Option 2: 16.5K PDEF 16.0K MDEF 108K HP 3.5K Block 7.7K Crit
                    Diff in %: +10% PDEF +10%MDEF +3.9%HP -49%Block +9%Crit

That is a massive change in your Block.

What is 4K of HP worth in terms of an average hit against you? is it even 1 hit?

I can understand the DEF's increase and the crit increase. But the HP doesn't add up to me.

Maybe drop 3 Block gems: 1 into Crit, 1 into MDEF, 1 into PDEF. That'll leave you with ~5.2K Block, and 4-5% increases on your other stats.

Just as a middle ground suggestion...

Comment

• Originally posted by Elderarcanist View Post
                      A lot has changed in the game since Ginger made his guide for the first time. This has made a lot of people doubt or at least question the benefits of slow leveling, so having faced Ginger in many a battleground, I feel obliged to come to his defense and point out several new benefits of slow leveling:

1. As a mid-range casher, I have set my sights on building a long-term strong character without spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to do it. This means I have to make optimal use of events. To achieve this, I have to save up on whips, soul crystals, mahra, sepulcrum, gems and even runestones until the regular events for them come up. When we use things during events, we get much higher benefits. So, we need to take things slowly because of such events granting us around +50% benefits.
                      2. Also, I need time to make my 70 set, make it legendary, enchant it, then make it 80 and ultimately use holy cast on it. You can do this either by paying through the roof to buy items asap, or by taking it slow and grind for the items. The end result is the same, but your spending is very different.
                      3. You need a lot of resources like kyanite, gold, insignia and crypt tokens to develop your character at high levels, and after 80 you add to that the resources for mount upgrading and holy cast. Again, you can spend crazy amounts of cash to buy these items or grind for them and get them for free.
                      4. Honour is something that takes time, even with vip 9 - and if you rush into things rather than maximize first your holy seal and then your passive talents for every level, you will find yourself stunned practically every single battle. Not to mention that you must have very high level runes to stand a chance when facing level 80 players in Arena or BG. All of these things mean that you have to go slowly and maximize for every single level along the way before leveling up.
                      5. Finally, if you do things slowly, you have time to watch strong player's builds and make up your mind what their mistakes were so you do not repeat them, and invest better.

For all of the above reasons, slow leveling (with or without cashing) will always work to your benefit.

+10000 to this

..and it give me satisfaction to see my toon developed
                      Last edited by RaitoZ; 10-12-2014, 11:59 AM. Reason: better wording
                      Mellisan of S3 Worg Lair out ( for good i hope..no more fun in arena 4v4 mean no more fun in wartune* since in patch 5.1 R2 decide to match campers with lvl 70++ ( win some-lose some* still no fun at all). Cya our beloved friends ( and dont expect meeting ANY of us in any other R2 games*WILL NEVER HAPPENED )

Comment

• Originally posted by Elderarcanist View Post
                        A lot has changed in the game since Ginger made his guide for the first time. This has made a lot of people doubt or at least question the benefits of slow leveling, so having faced Ginger in many a battleground, I feel obliged to come to his defense and point out several new benefits of slow leveling:

If you plan to go level 80 eventually it is better to level up to 80 as fast as you can than to level slowly because you will be stronger.

Someone who slow leveled to 80 will never be stronger than someone who leveled to 80 as soon as they could without spending more than they did or the fast leveler quitting.

Comment

• Well, if you enjoy being stunned for 3 rounds, always facing a team of 80s in Arena that are around 80-90k higher than you in terms of BR, if you want to face the same type of players in every single BG, yes - do level fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBallbags View Post
                            If you plan to go level 80 eventually it is better to level up to 80 as fast as you can than to level slowly because you will be stronger.

Someone who slow leveled to 80 will never be stronger than someone who leveled to 80 as soon as they could without spending more than they did or the fast leveler quitting.
                            By all means, zip to 80, you'll have to rely on everybody carrying you through everything for many months if you want to get anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBallbags View Post

Disagree. I'm non-cash/non-VIP since day 1, level 57 with 97k br wearing full 50 leg set. I have a friend level 80 VIP/medium casher with about 88k br wearing 60 leg set.
                              Also, a friend of mine who slow levels as well is level 61 with 91k br wearing 40leg LHS / 50leg RHS. All of us same server launched 5months ago.

Your statement may be true in some cases. However, my statement shows that your statement is false, therefore refuting your argument that slow levelers will NEVER be stronger than fast levelers.
                              S292 Archer level 46
                              35k BR (with blessing wheel)
                              August 23, 2013 - November 3, 2013 (R.I.P)

S479 Knight Level 80
                              283k BR (blessed), 40k from sylph (02-28-15)
                              May 23, 2014 - March 16, 2015 (will return later on)

Proud non-casher non-VIP

Comment

• Yes, Crazy. Even players like Zebq who were cashing madly have used the strategy to rush level to a point, then park to build up BR, again rush level, again park and so on. If you hit 80 at BR of 120k or something similar, you can NEVER gain honour in BG, only an idiot would pair up with you in Arena, you would be just luggage in MPD, Spire, TOK. If you slow level and hit 80 at BR well above 250k, you would find it very easy and enjoyable to play.

Comment

Working...
                                X