Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as we all know, there are so many event give us much EXP such as SC event. how do you anticipate it? should i skip SC event that give me exp and wait till another event? is there really any SC event that wont give us exp? i camp at 50 with 60k BR.. still working on my 50 leg set

Comment

• cashing is the only viable alternative. all "free" options involve 500k experience per redemption. camping as a free player is not a viable strategy anymore

(unless you are willing to never get items from events, which hobbles you further)

r2 seems to have closed the loopholes pretty effectively
      Last edited by noob9841; 03-21-2015, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by noob9841 View Post
        cashing is the only viable alternative. all "free" options involve 500k experience per redemption. camping as a free player is not a viable strategy anymore

(unless you are willing to never get items from events, which hobbles you further)

r2 seems to have closed the loopholes pretty effectively
        I am fully non-cash player with 310k br lvl 80 adv with 80k br purple 3 star herc

and all that in 15 months of play

Comment

• Originally posted by File11 View Post
          I am fully non-cash player with 310k br lvl 80 adv with 80k br purple 3 star herc

and all that in 15 months of play
          try that starting right now

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	expbuff.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	1710954

this buff makes me ...
            can't do nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcherKoe View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]133332[/ATTACH]

this buff makes me ...
              can't do nothing
              Only reasonable way to get strong for level is cashing damn hard,camping becomes obsolete

That buff is pushing for 80,we don't have much of a choice

Only way is to avoid EXP which is now unavoidable is to just level

This thread may be /should be/can't be updated I guess
              Last edited by sweetwaters; 04-21-2015, 10:30 AM. Reason: Optimized
              Mad love for my crew

The golden rule in wartune
              Maximizeâ„¢
              Guess whose back with trouble?
              ©S174

Comment

• OK. Time to update. Both the thread and my game play stance.

This thread, from my point of view has always been focused on slow levelling and not camping. That is to say: selective XP acceptance. It was never my intention to promote permanently camping at any one particular level. This thread was intended to help people realise that they can slow down for a few months, a year and fix up their character to a competitive basis, before moving on up to the next bracket.

The recent changes in the game have made the theory of slow levelling near enough impossible. There is no way to effectively slow level, short of actually stopping, which is not what this thread was about in the first place.

The game right now, is very generous in their hand out of XP, which in my opinion, is not always in a developing characters best interest. The speed at which a new character can hit level 80 right now, is an insanely short time frame.

So given that:
                • I have now been level 80, for the best part of 3 months or so,
                • the game is not recognisable in comparison to the game start point I started with, My choices in the early game days were viable, as time has progressed, those choices have become more difficult to apply in game,
                • the ever increasing pressure in game to level through event XP and enforced bonus's
                • to catch up and keep up effectively requires a massive amount of $ expenditure

We can extrapolate several things:

1) Camping is a viable game option, on the only proviso that you intend to completely stop at a predesignated level of your choice, cash a lot, not screw up and accept any XP from anywhere, and basically rule the roost at a level that is not 80. In the long run, you will be out performed by new characters that level above you. Those that advance, out perform those that sit stationary.
                2) If you intend to play the game to level 80 and beyond - slow levelling is probably not the most effective way any more. Slow levelling has it's place in my opinion: for example to earn certain titles and honour totals, easier than at 80: but beyond that: Get to 50, get your 50 Legend set, Move to 70 & get your 70 Legend set, move to 80, rinse and repeat.

This thread has an incredible number of replies & views. I am amazed every time I visit here and see the totals. I hope that it has helped people, even if that help has only been to decide against slow levelling in their character development.

I don't know how much longer I shall be playing the game. For now, I am still active on R2 S5, see you in the Euro CW, XSGB and XSBG.
                Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

• Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                  [*]to catch up and keep up effectively requires a massive amount of $ expenditure[/LIST]
                  Pretty sure that is why they did what they did. Fabulous original post m8 and for those that want arena Titles this is the way to do it though like you said this will punish you in the long run

Comment

• M8, 7 month i play and i become 270.000 with orange sylph hercules and i will refine with new type sylph! I'm a no cash player no balens no VIP!! Try that starting right now loooool

M8, 7 month i play and i become 270.000 with orange sylph hercules and i will refine with new type sylph! I'm a no cash player no balens no VIP!! Try that starting right now loooool
                    Last edited by TheGuardingDark; 04-23-2015, 09:34 AM. Reason: Post Merge

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetwaters View Post
                      Only way is to avoid EXP which is now unavoidable is to just level
                      Nah, it is still possible. :P 200% or 1000% bonus doesnt matter. You can get 0 exp in months if you really want that, but you will miss many events and good items. People can still use events where exp is not included and get stronger while camping lavel. It is slower and harder, but still possible. Hopely they dont remove all non exp events or a lot of people would quit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yamaneko123 View Post
                        \ Hopely they dont remove all non exp events or a lot of people would quit.

I believe they will not remove non-exp events or daily things to do,but will
                        instead add exp to the last few things.Which I believe you are correct that
                        many players will leave. The only way I would stay in that event would be
                        if they made the gear much easier to synthesize/legend.Or really there is
                        no point to any of the gear except for the cap set as you pass the levels so
                        fast it's outdated as soon as you have it.

In reality though it seems they want to get as many players to the end content
                        because this is a short term game compared to the real online multiplayer
                        games that have been around for years already and have years to go yet.

Comment

Working...
                        X