Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    Originally posted by ancev View Post
    That sounds like a good plan but it depends what you mean by slow levelling. If doing all you can do XP wise to max talents asap at 69 is slow levelling than that's great. If you earn XP same way you have earned from 60 to 64, then like I said it does not compute.
    Also gameplay wise, sitting at 60ish is bad for future updates. If you are done with 60 set there is absolutely no sense in sitting too much at 60 bracket. But I guess this is just your normal pace.
    Once I hit 65, I will dabble with ToK and spire etc to earn XP at a quicker rate. I won't be doing either on a daily basis.

Once I hit 69, the majority of my XP will come from catas, while I prep for my 70 gear.

Why not sit in the 60's? I have said before that more prep time for gear makes you stronger for your level.

I like being strong for my level. I don't want to have to struggle and resort to begging for help in WC, like I see so many do.

Leave a comment:

• ancev
    replied
    Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
    I am at 64.

Once I have done all I can XP wise at 64, I will level to 65. Then I will 'zip' (relatively speaking for my usual speed) to 69 and sit there.

Rinse and repeat to 74.

Rinse and repeat to 80.
    That sounds like a good plan but it depends what you mean by slow levelling. If doing all you can do XP wise to max talents asap at 69 is slow levelling than that's great. If you earn XP same way you have earned from 60 to 64, then like I said it does not compute.
    Also gameplay wise, sitting at 60ish is bad for future updates. If you are done with 60 set there is absolutely no sense in sitting too much at 60 bracket. But I guess this is just your normal pace.

Leave a comment:

• B4nsh33
    replied
    I am at 64.

Once I have done all I can XP wise at 64, I will level to 65. Then I will 'zip' (relatively speaking for my usual speed) to 69 and sit there.

Rinse and repeat to 74.

Rinse and repeat to 80.

Sounds about right to me

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
    It depends where you stage you are at. I slow levelled a little bit, but not much. I was already high in level. I chose to level up to 80, but I camped at 69 for a long long time, way before the 70 mp's came out. And every time I reached a new rank, I held my level, but I had lots of room to hold talents. I was stunned a lot at level 80, but now my HS is maxed and I am working on talents (about 1 per day with exp bonus, 1 every 1.5 days w/o) I passed a lot of people who were level 74/75 and staying at their level, but now I am stunning them instead of the other way around. Level 74, stay as long as you can I would say to get as many insig for your legendary equipment, but after that there is no sense staying low. I am not sure about other levels, but there are certain spots to stick around and certain spots to level up to quickly. Getting to level 80 took quite a while, so I am glad I am finished that and now get to work on talents. For others who have worked on talents first, they won't have much to level up once they hit 80, so it's a bit of a trade off. I am glad mine is done, so I can play the new mp's once they come out
    I am at 64.

Rinse and repeat to 74.

Rinse and repeat to 80.

Leave a comment:

• B4nsh33
    replied
    Why does it not compute?
    It depends where you stage you are at. I slow levelled a little bit, but not much. I was already high in level. I chose to level up to 80, but I camped at 69 for a long long time, way before the 70 mp's came out. And every time I reached a new rank, I held my level, but I had lots of room to hold talents. I was stunned a lot at level 80, but now my HS is maxed and I am working on talents (about 1 per day with exp bonus, 1 every 1.5 days w/o) I passed a lot of people who were level 74/75 and staying at their level, but now I am stunning them instead of the other way around. Level 74, stay as long as you can I would say to get as many insig for your legendary equipment, but after that there is no sense staying low. I am not sure about other levels, but there are certain spots to stick around and certain spots to level up to quickly. Getting to level 80 took quite a while, so I am glad I am finished that and now get to work on talents. For others who have worked on talents first, they won't have much to level up once they hit 80, so it's a bit of a trade off. I am glad mine is done, so I can play the new mp's once they come out

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    Originally posted by ancev View Post
    slow levelling + max talent level = does not compute
    Why does it not compute?

Leave a comment:

• ancev
    replied
    There I will once again resume the slow leveling pace, until talents are maxed, before moving up to 70.
    slow levelling + max talent level = does not compute

Leave a comment:

• FriedChikin
    replied
    Once my talent level for level 64 is maxed, yes I will level. I am currently talent level 24 + 22%.

Once I hit 65: my plan will be the same as for 60. I will play at a much more normal pace until I hit the end of the next bracket: So I will dabble with Spire, ToK, my own level dungeons, until I hit lvl 69. There I will once again resume the slow leveling pace, until talents are maxed, before moving up to 70.

Ty Ginger.. Mine is level 27 already, 1 more talent then I'll say goodbye to bg heaven. Some ask me to do fast leveling and build talent while working on 80 gear, some ask me to do normal leveling, and some hardcore slow leveler even advice me to not level up. Ima confuse lol

Leave a comment:

• MolochMage
    replied
    "Defense" is called "Armor" on legendary equipment pieces. The only exception to this rule is the newbie jewels you get from your first recharge; those are also "legendary" in the sense that they can hold 4 gems but there, the stat is called Defense.
    Last edited by MolochMage; 03-02-2014, 06:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheGuardingDark
    replied
    Originally posted by ViciousIvy View Post
    I have a question that probably will seem stupid and funny. What is the difrence between armor and defense ?
    Not a silly question.

Simple answer: In game, there is no difference. They both give +4mdef and +4 pdef, per point.

Leave a comment:

• ViciousIvy
    replied
    I have a question that probably will seem stupid and funny. What is the difrence between armor and defense ?

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    Originally posted by FriedChikin View Post
    I have questions for Ginger...
    Once your talent in 64 is max, will you level up to 65?
    If yes, will you still in slow levelling route? or normal or fast?
    Once my talent level for level 64 is maxed, yes I will level. I am currently talent level 24 + 22%.

Once I hit 65: my plan will be the same as for 60. I will play at a much more normal pace until I hit the end of the next bracket: So I will dabble with Spire, ToK, my own level dungeons, until I hit lvl 69. There I will once again resume the slow leveling pace, until talents are maxed, before moving up to 70.

Leave a comment:

• FriedChikin
    replied
    I have questions for Ginger...
    Once your talent in 64 is max, will you level up to 65?
    If yes, will you still in slow levelling route? or normal or fast?

Leave a comment:

• SilentSii
    replied
    Don t know where you do play, if the answer is Kabam just forget about free balens. Or make a new toon where they have them.

Leave a comment:

• Spider_
    replied
    how to got free balens??? i cant understand!!!
    please help me!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X