Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by R25664847 View Post
    I can't agree with you, especially I can't agree you convince people skip guild tree. If you think you have a large amount "extra" experience you don't wanna, just consume it on "talents", that is.
    Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
    Difficult for a player below level 50 to sink unwanted experience into talents...
    Well at least now you know who actually bothers to properly read your guide and who doesn't... LOL!

    Comment


    • #17
      what makes you lol? dude, people below lvl 50 worry about having too much experience?? you must be kidding me. people below lvl 50 only have to focus on leveling up till 60+.
      So your guild must be full of "smart guys" who intend to skip guild tree. you just make me LOOOOLL


      By the way, DON'T POST NOOBISH GUILD to mislead people here. the true is people don't mind having more experience.

      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
      Well at least now you know who actually bothers to properly read your guide and who doesn't... LOL!
      Last edited by R25664847; 04-11-2013, 09:51 PM.
      _________________________________

      Monkey King [S3] US EAST
      Character Name: Ghang
      Status: Played since April 21, 2014

      Wartune [S67] US EAST
      Character Name: Halifax
      Status: Played since Nov 11, 2012

      Comment


      • #18
        In what way was he trying to mislead people? This is a guide about maximizing for slow levelers (twinks, if you'd like) which it covers quite nicely. It's certainly not for everyone, but just because you don't like it doesn't mean you should talk down on the entire thing. It's a game, have fun. If people are having fun setting goals and achieving them by intentionally leveling very slowly, good for them.

        Comment


        • #19
          Yes, this is a good guide for people to level slowly. No point getting to level 60 with low BR, and get eaten in group arena and battleground.

          Comment


          • #20
            The only way you'll be stronger then anyone in this game is by getting your credit card out and buying a ton of Balens........ PERIOD !!!!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by WarMC View Post
              Yes, this is a good guide for people to level slowly. No point getting to level 60 with low BR, and get eaten in group arena and battleground.
              Or levels 30, 40, or 50. The natural time to use those leveler's seeds given in the early game seems to be just before 50 (when a decent speed-running campaign dungeon opens up).

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by R25664847 View Post
                By the way, DON'T POST NOOBISH GUILD to mislead people here. the true is people don't mind having more experience.
                I posted a guide, not a guild.

                And sure, the ideas I posted don't suit every taste. However, if you had a build like mine - you'd be constantly asked how you got so strong. This guide, that my friends and I put together, covers some of the techniques and ideas we use to purposefully slow our levelling and maximise out our BR's whilst playing.

                There was no misdirection, or misleading.

                The guide is about how to be strong for your level. There are two ways to achieve that:

                1:
                Originally posted by groovecrw View Post
                is by getting your credit card out and buying a ton of Balens
                or 2:

                Following some of the ideas in the OP.

                Now if you don't like it, fine. But please don't tell me there is only one way to skin a cat.
                Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I wish I had this guide when I first started out, as I did make some fundamental errors which took me close to 1 1/2 months to fix.....

                  I do intend to use the guide as a reference when I start a new set of characters on the newer servers and take full advantage of the wider range of options for players, that did not exist when I started
                  Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

                  R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
                  Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Kitwritten View Post
                    I wish I had this guide when I first started out, as I did make some fundamental errors which took me close to 1 1/2 months to fix.....

                    I do intend to use the guide as a reference when I start a new set of characters on the newer servers and take full advantage of the wider range of options for players, that did not exist when I started
                    ooo! You'll have to let us know how you turn out!
                    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Thanks for the guide I wish there was a way to get 800 L4 'oids without waiting a million years, though.
                      Lord Drake currently lives in: S130 Dragonmar

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by ecla2 View Post
                        Thanks for the guide I wish there was a way to get 800 L4 'oids without waiting a million years, though.
                        The mystery shop has them for sale quite often at 20 balens a throw, with the free balens button - that's usually 1 a day.

                        Don't forget that you can synth up the crystaloids too. So all your level 1's, 2's & 3's can all become level 4's over time.

                        But yes in general - 800 is gonna take a while. I have ~80ish. :/
                        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Mystery Shop is good for slow levelers as Crypt Keys is for fast levelers. Reset costs 45 balens per 18 hours is same as spending 1 crypt key per day.
                          Assuming it takes 3 days to make a level 5 gem with crypt keys, 16 resets is the maximum you need to spend every 12 days.
                          That's either 915 balens for level 6 gem or 1,115 balens for level 7 gem.
                          edit: Total for a month will be roughly $28, getting 80-95 devos is simpler with bg times closer to wb times now so
                          it's more worth it imo than spending VIPs for the wheel, at least for a few months to get the gear perks.
                          .
                          Last edited by laba-laba; 04-14-2013, 06:56 PM.
                          [morfinnor]
                          Temple of Ibalize

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Hi, this is a very interesting guide. Personally i've felt the pressure of trying to stay on the top 10 list to be very unsatisfactory because any other player who can throw a ton of balen will automatically null and void any sort of effort I make in improving my character. Currently, i'm at 75% xp and almost level 48 at 25k BR. Would it be too late for me to adopt this method? I love the idea of collecting Gems and level up my astrals/academy before I reach 50 by maintaining a BR goal.


                            I'll just summarize what I understood from your guide:

                            Do's
                            - Prioritize getting Shards on BGs
                            - Do daily Cata runs for Gems (big xp but unavoidable)
                            - Reach 95 devotion as much as possible
                            - Collect as much insignias from GBs, BGs and Arenas for equips
                            - Collect as much Training whips from 95 devotion reward and GBs
                            - Spend as much gold on levelling up Guild Skills and Astrals

                            Don't
                            - Don't do Bounties
                            - Don't do any dungeons (Or only do Solo-Dungeons and MPDs for lower levels for the daily devotion reqs)
                            - Don't do Spire
                            - Don't stay for Tree of Ancients
                            - Don't complete any unnecessary daily quests (e.g. Harvests, etc.)

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              If you're not going to be doing any multiplayers or solos for experience it would be wise to still run the solo campaign Duskin Arena and the multiplayer campaign The Graveyard.

                              The reason for this is they both give a significant amount of daru. Even though you will eventually max your troops, building up for the next troops is a very good idea. You can also use the daru for troop enlightenment, which will further increase your own personal stats (and it also gets rather expensive)

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by ckenni View Post
                                Hi, this is a very interesting guide. Personally i've felt the pressure of trying to stay on the top 10 list to be very unsatisfactory because any other player who can throw a ton of balen will automatically null and void any sort of effort I make in improving my character. Currently, i'm at 75% xp and almost level 48 at 25k BR. Would it be too late for me to adopt this method? I love the idea of collecting Gems and level up my astrals/academy before I reach 50 by maintaining a BR goal.


                                I'll just summarize what I understood from your guide:

                                Do's
                                - Prioritize getting Shards on BGs
                                - Do daily Cata runs for Gems (big xp but unavoidable)
                                - Reach 95 devotion as much as possible
                                - Collect as much insignias from GBs, BGs and Arenas for equips
                                - Collect as much Training whips from 95 devotion reward and GBs
                                - Spend as much gold on levelling up Guild Skills and Astrals

                                Don't
                                - Don't do Bounties
                                - Don't do any dungeons (Or only do Solo-Dungeons and MPDs for lower levels for the daily devotion reqs)
                                - Don't do Spire
                                - Don't stay for Tree of Ancients
                                - Don't complete any unnecessary daily quests (e.g. Harvests, etc.)
                                I don't think it's ever really to late to start slow leveling. It might be a bit too late to get a build as extreme as Ginger and mine, but that might not be your goal!

                                I wouldn't do cata runs. It sucks because you won't get any gems, but if you want to low down your levelling drastically, you really need to avoid XP. Just hop in and out for devo. I take it you're not a VIP, since you say "Reach 95 devo as much as possible"?
                                So: DO low level MPs (Graveyard, like Zaaqen said), and a Single Dungeon that doesn't give XP. I don't do Duskin Arena myself, I do the Delphinian Swamp, because that gold chest gives me loads of Soul Crystals and Crypt Keys (which I'll use once I hit 50, obviously).

                                Do you have a BR goal set for yourself.

                                Originally posted by Zaaqen View Post
                                If you're not going to be doing any multiplayers or solos for experience it would be wise to still run the solo campaign Duskin Arena and the multiplayer campaign The Graveyard.

                                The reason for this is they both give a significant amount of daru. Even though you will eventually max your troops, building up for the next troops is a very good idea. You can also use the daru for troop enlightenment, which will further increase your own personal stats (and it also gets rather expensive)
                                Yup, I've got enough daru already to get my Templars instantly to 50, and I'll have a lot more to spare for enlightenment and what not.
                                Last edited by CreamySaucepan; 04-15-2013, 04:46 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X