Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
    I don't think it's ever really to late to start slow leveling. It might be a bit too late to get a build as extreme as Ginger and mine, but that might not be your goal!

I wouldn't do cata runs. It sucks because you won't get any gems, but if you want to low down your levelling drastically, you really need to avoid XP. Just hop in and out for devo. I take it you're not a VIP?
    So: DO low level MPs (Graveyard, like Zaaqen said), and a Single Dungeon that doesn't give XP. I don't do Duskin Arena myself, I do the Delphinian Swamp, because that gold chest gives me loads of Soul Crystals and Crypt Keys (which I'll use once I hit 50, obviously). Also: I don't accept *any* daily quests, but that's up to each individual.

Do you have a BR goal set for yourself.

Yup, I've got enough daru already to get my Templars instantly to 50, and I'll have a lot more to spare for enlightenment and what not.
    I am VIP but i consider myself a light casher (just about to reach VIP 3). All of the players above me in my server have spent at least $500 or more to get their mounts maxed out (which is something I'll never be able to compete with). I was sort of counting on Cata runs because that's where I get the majority of my gems but If i don't do that and simply rely on BG shards (slow) and daily Dev rewards (tedious), the gem hunt might get really grindy?

Anyway, I am counting on some of the more tangible rewards due to Gold (maxed out guild skills and higher level astrals and maybe even the guild horse if the guild is that high level), insignias (crusader horse, medals) and kianite (maxed out academy altho the level limit makes this minimal).

I'm still concerned about the Gem grind tho. I was somehow counting that the Cata would solve this deficiency/lack in power.
    Last edited by ckenni; 04-15-2013, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ckenni View Post
      I am VIP but i consider myself a light casher (just about to reach VIP 3). All of the players above me in my server have spent at least $500 or more to get their mounts maxed out (which is something I'll never be able to compete with). I was sort of counting on Cata runs because that's where I get the majority of my gems but If i don't do that and simply rely on BG shards (slow) and daily Dev rewards (tedious), the gem hunt might get really grindy?

Anyway, I am counting on some of the more tangible rewards due to Gold (maxed out guild skills and higher level astrals and maybe even the guild horse if the guild is that high level), insignias (crusader horse, medals) and kianite (maxed out academy altho the level limit makes this minimal).

I'm still concerned about the Gem grind tho. I was somehow counting that the Cata would solve this deficiency/lack in power.
      Make sure you run catacombs everyday.
      Save your crypt keys until you can run to 100, then use it.

Never estimate the power of gems
      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
      [No longer logging in]

Comment

I guess it depends on where you are in catas. If I blitz to 90 (I don't bother getting to 100 every time), I get a whopping 20% of a level in XP. And that is without a Crypt Key. That's really not worth it (yet). So that would get me to level 50 (if I were you) in just 10 days.

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post

Never estimate the power of gems
        Either Cata daily, get gems and get rushed to 50. Or take it slow by not doing catas, get your gems from BG and 95 etc, and take a long while to reach 50... Option two gives me more gems in the (not even that) long run.

Comment

VIP3 is a big milestone for the slowleveler - it means you can avoid part of the daily grind xp rewards - This is really good if you intend to really slow down and build BR hard.

Cata is a good source of gems. I can't deny that. But it's also a really good source of XP and that in my opinion makes it bad. I do maybe one or two runs of catacombs per level. so maybe once every two weeks. Personally I avoid the catacombs.

The BG has been my single biggest source of gems. But it takes time and dedication. Your patience will be tested with the apparent slow progress. But patience is it's own reward. The longer you go slowly, the stronger you become for your level.
          Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
          You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
          Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

You can get also a lot of gem from the catacombs.

Comment

Originally posted by killMarty View Post
              You can get also a lot of gem from the catacombs.
              I suggest you read the original post again.

Comment

Oh, wow!!! A guide!!!! Ginger made a guide... Too sad it is only for the cashers, cause I'm a non-casher, and not a VIP too... I already knew for a long time the so, so much advantage of VIP over to those who are not, especially for slow levelers.......

Ginger, I would like to inform to you about when you reach level 50... Even though you now have access to talents, I think it is still not suggested to take as many exp as possible....

I thought that once I reset the talent, it will come back to level 1... So I rushed getting exp until I get the maximum level of talent (currently I'm level 51), and the maximum level of talent at that time (character level 51) is level 12... I then began to found out that even though I reset the talent, the talent level will be the same (the talent points will only just be returned, to reassign them again to various passive skills).... Meaning you cannot stay forever at the same level just by spending your exp to talents 'again and again'..

Well, unless players don't care about being more powerful at lower level, then just take as many exp as possible to power-up their talent.... But I still think having a good stat is better than having a high level of Holy Skill, since even though you are stunned for 3 turns, you can still last and win the battle (cause of your high stats)...
                If you think you are smart, then you are at the height of your stupidity.
                -quoted from R.K.

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                  For slow levelers, this is only advisable if they are already level 50, and wants to power up talent to level 5 + the number of passive skills they want to get in talent... After that, it is up to them if they want to continue doing cata daily, or continue slow leveling up...

Using my case as an example, I want to get the passive skills Barrier and Redemption as soon as possible (Barrier reduces damage by 5% and Redemption lower cd of blessed light by 5 seconds, which i found very helpful in team battles), I level up my talent to level 7 only (Talent should be level 5 before you can get passive skills, plus the Barrier and Redemption, so a total of 7)...... After my talent is up to level 7, then I could choose to get back being a slow exp gainer, or be a fast exp gainer... Depends on what I want to accomplish...

Well, haha, in the end, cata gives too much exp, it gave me 2.9 million exp with crypt key and 66% world prosperity... So it is up to them to balance the exp gain and the gem gain.... Oh, the mount there in crypt shop is something to think about too.
                  -quoted from R.K.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueEarth View Post
                    Oh, wow!!! A guide!!!! Ginger made a guide... Too sad it is only for the cashers, cause I'm a non-casher, and not a VIP too... I already knew for a long time the so, so much advantage of VIP over to those who are not, especially for slow levelers.......
                    Well it's still possible without VIP. You're build is testament to that! Just it's more difficult.

Consider yourself a pro slow leveler...

Ginger, I would like to inform to you about when you reach level 50... Even though you now have access to talents, I think it is still not suggested to take as many exp as possible....

I thought that once I reset the talent, it will come back to level 1... So I rushed getting exp until I get the maximum level of talent (currently I'm level 51), and the maximum level of talent at that time (character level 51) is level 12... I then began to found out that even though I reset the talent, the talent level will be the same (the talent points will only just be returned, to reassign them again to various passive skills).... Meaning you cannot stay forever at the same level just by spending your exp to talents 'again and again'..

Well, unless players don't care about being more powerful at lower level, then just take as many exp as possible to power-up their talent.... But I still think having a good stat is better than having a high level of Holy Skill, since even though you are stunned for 3 turns, you can still last and win the battle (cause of your high stats)...
                    Yeah I thought it would be like that to be honest.

So the talent system is a good exp sink. Us slow levelers can play a bit more!
                    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P

Comment

Ginger !!!!

One thing regarding the talents ... level 50 thru 55 will allow you to get to about level 10 talent if memory serves. After that, you're only going to get 1 talent level per real level, as they cleverly made the XP required almost the same / sometimes just over the XP required for your real level. So yeah, it does slow you down ... I've been in 50's for 2 months now, when I could have been 65 ... it's not as much as you might think.

Having said that, great guide, you and Creamy are the envy of our beloved S5 !
                      Daveyboog - "Voted Mage with Most Disappointing BR 2013 - But Crusader None The Less !!!"
                      NEPHILIM - S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                      Veni, vermini, vomui

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                        Well it's still possible without VIP. You're build is testament to that! Just it's more difficult.

Consider yourself a pro slow leveler...
                        Oh, thanks..!
                        Um, you know, I would like to tell you that I learned something new here, about buying exp books for more gold... What I was doing was buying a 35 set brooch (300 insignias) to be sold for 12k only, which is a big loss compared to what you said here..... This advice is really helpful.
                        -quoted from R.K.

Comment

Originally posted by daveime View Post
                          Ginger !!!!

One thing regarding the talents ... level 50 thru 55 will allow you to get to about level 10 talent if memory serves. After that, you're only going to get 1 talent level per real level, as they cleverly made the XP required almost the same / sometimes just over the XP required for your real level. So yeah, it does slow you down ... I've been in 50's for 2 months now, when I could have been 65 ... it's not as much as you might think.

Having said that, great guide, you and Creamy are the envy of our beloved S5 !
                          oooooohhhhh! o.O *rewrites his 50+ plans*

and *humbled* ^_^

Oh, thanks..!
                          Um, you know, I would like to tell you that I learned something new here, about buying exp books for more gold... What I was doing was buying a 35 set brooch (300 insignias) to be sold for 12k only, which is a big loss compared to what you said here..... This advice is really helpful.
                          I buy the brooches to recycle for refinement crystals... And happy astral hunting with your new found wealth of gold! ^_^

Comment

Beautiful guide! For the catacombs, back when I didn't use it as my source of exp, I ran 10 levels daily:

For the first 5 levels, you will gain 1 crypt coin for 3000 exp (plus world prosperity).
                            For the next 5 levels, you will gain 2 crypt coins for 8000 exp (plus world prosperity). (1 coin per 4000 exp)

However, the next 5 levels is a bear, because you will gain only 1 crypt coin for 13000 exp (plus world prosperity), which is much less return for exp gained than from the first 10 levels.

For those interested (remember you'll get world prosperity on top of the exp listed below)

11-15: 1 crypt coin for 13000 exp (1 coin per 13000 exp !!)
                            16-20: 3 crypt coins for 18000 exp (1 coin per 6000 exp)
                            21-25: 2 crypt coins for 23000 exp (1 coin per 11500 exp)
                            26-30: 4 crypt coins for 28000 exp (1 coin per 7000 exp)

etc...

Comment

Which campaign would be the best to blitz?
                              Duskin Arena or Delphinian Swamp?
                              Also would i blitz with Gold chest and mystery chest ticked?

Comment

Originally posted by Gorey View Post
                                Which campaign would be the best to blitz?
                                Duskin Arena or Delphinian Swamp?
                                Also would i blitz with Gold chest and mystery chest ticked?
                                Both are very good maps/blitzs for drops. Personally I'd chose whichever one gives you least xp. However if neither give significant XP - then the drops from the Arena will be better as it's higher level.

If you can afford to use the keys for the mystery chest - I would tick it.

Comment

Working...
                                X