Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
    Well done! How long did you last at #1? ^_^ Good toon, what are your goals for the next few levels, if you have any?
    Not long, unfortunately. A Guild mate who had attacked me back when I was #17 immediately dropped me back down to #17. lolz. But it was fun nevertheless. No 60 pve sets yet on my server. I can deal with level 50 toons into the upper 30's of BR, if I pot up and re-gem my gear appropriately. Especially knights. #1, otoh, was more a trick than anything else. I climbed up to #7 by myself, choosing knights to kill. Then I got the #1 guy, who was a guildie, and asked him if he could let me take the #1 spot, and he kindly took off his gear for me. Still was quite a battle, fighting lvl 63 templars. lol.

As for goals, I'm in the midst of sorting them out right now.
    PvP-wise, I have Elite Crusader to look forward to within a week. Only 16k away, and honor is so insanely easy to get as a Knight Crusader (46 per kill! lol). Does XP really stop after EC for lvl40-49? That would really suck.

I finished all my level 40 gear goals just a couple days ago - finally got that last legendary trinket. Right now I'm sitting at 31.5k BR or so, depending on astrals (RGB vs. Willpower). I just decided to build a crit set for World Boss. So that's two more astrals (sniper's and Enh. Det) and 8 more gems I have to work on. I'll be swapping in all astrals and gems for wb to see how well it works. I _may_ decide to just go crit as my main build since I'm so OP right now in BG/arenas, that I rarely get my defense tested. But sacrificing 8 defense gems and an astral is a lot of missing defense.

I am currently working on a lvl 50 and lvl 60 gearing plan. I've put xp, gearing requirements, crypts lvls and tokens per level in a spreadsheet and I'm crunching all the numbers. Some surprises already.
    Last edited by Nivra0; 08-11-2013, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• A guildie and I had a long discussion about pve and pvp sets. Here's my most current take on the two. PvE and PvP sets do almost exactly the same amount of damage. The higher base level and +matk from the PvP weapon along with the -1500 MDEF/PDEF equal the lower base damage and lower +atk from A LOT more enchants with the +300 dmg. So, raw damage output wise, the two are similar. The PvE set has more sockets and more enchants on the head/neck/armor pieces that give the player much more MDEF/PDEF/HP than the PvP set. Finally, the PvE set has a huge rage advantage in all encounters except arenas. Arenas rarely last beyond 3 turns. Everything else tends to either last longer than 3 turns (Duels/Bosses), or allow rage to be built up over battles(Guild Battle/BG/MPD's).

Comment

• Remove, please - combined into above post.

Comment

• theres a bunch of topics going on in here, but this related to the "leaving spire - not getting xp, but getting chests" convo...

a while back some of my guildmates got to lvl 9. however there was a bug that forced them all to disconnect. (black screen...disconnected from server)

3 of said party claimed they got the xp, 2,4 mill i believe,, forgive me if im wrong. one however said he did not. they all received chests in their mail.

a few days later, i was with the party, we got to lvl 9 spire, and again black screen and disconnected. i dont keep track of my xp, unless im close to talent upgrade, 2 others claimed they got the xp, i was unsure. we all got chests in mail. the other member of our party was adamant he once again, did not receive his xp but got chests.

a ticket was submited...
          support informed my guildmate, as you complete a level in spire, the xp is added at that moment. lvl 1, +300k. lvl 2, +300k. lvl 3, +300k. and not in one lump sum at the end of the instance as we all presumed. he seemed happy with this response. and the next time we got disconnected at lvl 9, he said he did in fact receive the right amount of xp. even though we where once again, disconnected from server with a black screen.

since this incident, there was a patch. and the problem with lvl 9 spire was fixed. we have had no problems with disconecting.

if what the guy from support said was true, even logging out yourself before the instance ends, means you only fall short of 300k xp, and thats if the guys who are still in the instance defeat said boss.

as i say, i didnt mail the guy from support, this is only what my guildmate told the guild about his experiences talking to support.

if your going to attempt this "no xp from spire trick" be sure to get your total xp beforehand. and then check afterwards to see the gains.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skribz View Post
            if your going to attempt this "no xp from spire trick" be sure to get your total xp beforehand. and then check afterwards to see the gains.
            What do you mean by "get your total xp beforehand"? do you mean you HAVE to gain exp else you can't obtain chest?

Or do you mean you have to actually kill the boss before you close browser?

Or is it something else?

BTW, you said level 9, but can it be done at level 1? or do you have to go into higher level?

Comment

• @anichaos - when i said get your total xp beforehand.. i meant.. "check" your total xp beforehand... if you have 22 mill xp.. and you go to lvl 7, then try and dc to skip xp gain.. and when you restart wartune you have 23.8 mill, youve gained 1.8 mill....
              if you have 22 mill xp before start.. get to lvl 7.. dc,, restart and still have 22 mill xp.. it works and youve skipped the xp... and it worked...
              does that make sense?,, its kinda hard to explain

from what i understand from my friend who contacted support, you kill boss 1 - move to boss 2. and 300k xp is added. you kill boss 2. and 300k xp is added. etc etc..
              i cant say for sure you have to take the xp to get the chests. i see people in here saying if you DC, you dont get the xp but you get the chest. but ive heard from my guildmate that the xp is added as you defeat a boss. 300k at a time per level. rather than in 1 lump sum at the end of spire.(when you die)

ive never tried the "not gaining xp from spire by DCing trick" im just giving insight to guys who are trying it from things ive heard from my guildie who contacted support over an issue we had with a bug when getting to level 9 spire.

i said level 9 because it was a bug that forced us all to DC at lvl 9. we would have tried to beat lvl 9 spire at the time. just we where all forced to DC by the server. not of our own will.

im guessing if you enter spire and DC at lvl 1. you wont get any xp. or any chests for that matter you have to beat the level to get the chest. if your going to do that you might as well just skip spire entierly.
              as for "can it be done" im not sure. ive never tried it.. im just giving insight into what ive heard.

Comment

• r 30 sets better than 35 arena sets...
                i m planning to make 30,40,50 so on....m i doing right or wrong..not worry it take longer time to get

Comment

• get exp after killing each stage??i didnt get any exp but still got chests on mail and i checked exp earlier and the exp didnt change

Comment

• Originally posted by Nivra0 View Post
                    I'll be swapping in all astrals and gems for wb to see how well it works. I _may_ decide to just go crit as my main build since I'm so OP right now in BG/arenas, that I rarely get my defense tested. But sacrificing 8 defense gems and an astral is a lot of missing defense.
                    I drop out my Will Destroyer and PDEF astrals, for Crit and Determination.

Up till my most recent title - I have about 1700 crit and 25% Determination - this was just from swapping astrals.

Swapping gems is a nice idea - but it's just gonna cost you gold, for not all that much increased crit effectiveness in my opinion.

Originally posted by abhishek786 View Post
                    r 30 sets better than 35 arena sets...
                    i m planning to make 30,40,50 so on....m i doing right or wrong..not worry it take longer time to get
                    The 30 set is expensive for what it is, nor can it be made Legendary. Personally - I'd skip it. the 40, 50, 60 etc sets are all excellent.
                    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nivra0 View Post
                      Does XP really stop after EC for lvl40-49? That would really suck.
                      Gaining exp doesn't stop, but gaining honor will stop if you're EC in those levels. You'll have to level to 51 to gain honor again, till Imp.Commander. Then you're capped till level 56 where you'll gain honor again to LD.

Comment

• Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                        I drop out my Will Destroyer and PDEF astrals, for Crit and Determination.

Up till my most recent title - I have about 1700 crit and 25% Determination - this was just from swapping astrals.

Swapping gems is a nice idea - but it's just gonna cost you gold, for not all that much increased crit effectiveness in my opinion.
                        Does this mean you don't refine out the crit in your gear or you are getting 1700 only from astral and no gear source?

Swapping out gems is an interesting idea. It depends on the level of the gems you're swapping, I guess. But if you're swapping lvl 4 gems in and out, the cost will be 4000g per swap, for an increase of +56 crit. Let's assume that's an increase of 1% crit. With Lvl 4 Enh. Determination, that's an increase of 0.6% damage on average. If I make 1M gold/daru per WB, an increase of 0.6% damage will be 6000 gold/daru, which makes the swap a +2000 gold/+6000 daru proposition.

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
                        Gaining exp doesn't stop, but gaining honor will stop if you're EC in those levels.
                        Ooops. yah, I meant honor. That does suck. I guess I won't have very many honor goals left, just insignia and token grind then.
                        I thought about the Grim Reaper grind, but OMG that's intense. Currently only 24% there. And this grind makes me want to enter every bg and just kill everything, picking on low levels, which isn't very sporting.

Comment

• Spire

Nope, did not work, I even killed the first boss than Failure the second boss and close browser right as Failure comes up.

Log back in after 2 mins, nope, nothing, no chest in mail nor inventory, also no exp gain from first boss.

Comment

• Originally posted by anichaos View Post
                            Spire

Nope, did not work, I even killed the first boss than Failure the second boss and close browser right as Failure comes up.

Log back in after 2 mins, nope, nothing, no chest in mail nor inventory, also no exp gain from first boss.
                            then its a bug

Comment

• Originally posted by anichaos View Post
                              Spire

do ur spire again and leave w/o doing anything, the loots will be given to u and also the xp directly not in mail
                              I Quit, if you wanna ask regarding to any of my thread or post, i wont answer you.
                              and do me a favor, downgrade my reputation. Im done.

Comment

• I'm now on 20k br and will lv up tonight to lv37 and this is going to be a big one.

Comment

Working...
                                X