Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a knight, could you expand on this (from the refine your gear paragraph) please?

"For example - a mage using will destroyer has no need of any crit - refining will let you remove the crit and replace it something else."

I thought any crit values from gears would be "upconverted" by this astral?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Quickpick View Post
      I'm a knight, could you expand on this (from the refine your gear paragraph) please?

"For example - a mage using will destroyer has no need of any crit - refining will let you remove the crit and replace it something else."

I thought any crit values from gears would be "upconverted" by this astral?

Thanks.
      Scoring a critical hit is based on your value of Crit. The Will Destroyer astral disables Crit strike and increases damage.

What this means is your Crit stat is useless. It does nothing except sit there and look pretty. So you might as well refine it out for something you can use, like PDEF...

What do you mean by upconverted exactly?

As far as I know - there is no conversion of crit to anything when combined with a will destroyer astral.
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
      Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

I thought the toon's crit value was somehow used in the damage calculation but it sounds like it is a straightforward % and the crit value (however high it is) is completely ignored.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Quickpick View Post
          but it sounds like it is a straightforward % and the crit value (however high it is) is completely ignored.

Thanks.
          Yup, Spot on.

No worries. Glad to help.
          You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
            You can blame Creamy too.

Btw the OP has been updated... maybe you can learn a trick or two? or even supply one for us to add to the guide?
            Too bad there's nothing on here that I didn't know of. The guide was nicely put btw... wait, this is not nice at all!!! I still want my noobs, tyvm. So I will not reveal whatever tricks I have up my sleeves to the public D:

Still, there is a hint: The use of VIP wheel, can be expanded more than you think.
            The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
              wait, this is not nice at all!!! I still want my noobs, tyvm.
              About the only thing I want to reproach you with, Gingy and Creamy: don't deprive me of my WT-given daily intake of squishies! :P I love squeezing them, calling them George and kicking their arses in an awesome way!

Back to more serious stuff: I've read the guide and I can't think of anything you might have missed. I can only add that the guide also works for people like me, who spend a lot less time online (what with there being a demanding real life out there somewhere). The gold intake is poorer then but the VIP wheel helps. Just increase your patience level, that's all. I've been playing WT since early November and I've just turned lvl 43, so there you have it.
              Do enlist the help of at least one guildie: there's a sort of a game between several of us slow levellers in Nephilim, where we continuously try to blow each other's records to pieces. It's fun and it keeps your eyes on the set target.

As to the eternal dilemma: guild skills or astrals first? I think Gingy and Creamy between them managed a more balanced approach; I for one went for the relevant guild skills first (since they are capped anyway), and I'm now having fun with clicking away for those astrals. The advantage is that you get a faster reward for your effort; the disadvantage: astrals have their obvious use and everybody has been laughing their heads off at my weak ones till recently. That hasn't prevented me from seriously prodding buttock, though.

So DeathRiver, do share the secret of the VIP wheel, oh, enlightened grandmaster of secret stuff!
              Last edited by GreyKittehMage; 04-20-2013, 02:01 PM.
              Fear the kitteh! Grey Mage - VaeVictis - S5 Not everyone who whoops your a s s is a heavy casher, quit lying to yourself..
              When I politely ask you to stop spawn-camping, stay the feck off! I have a short temper.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyKittehMage View Post
                Do enlist the help of at least one guildie: there's a sort of a game between several of us slow levellers in Nephilim, where we continuously try to blow each other's records. It's fun and it keeps your eyes on the set target.
                that is actually a really good point.

Finding a similar play style player of a similar level, to egg each other on to perform better...

Comment

I personally stalled my character at lvl 50 and spent every moment leveling up my talents, blitzing cata (only with a key), and enchanting my next set of armor. By the time I did reach lvl 55 my entire armor set was fully enchanted and I had all my lvl 40 legendary items fully enchanted as well. I went as far as I could on my talents because you reach a point where you have to level up so you can get the xp needed to level up. I spent my time gaining gems, daru, gold, and kynite. I have my academy maxed out on my stats and my troops... I recommend doing this at lvl 50 + because it will give you a good base to fight against others with. Not everyone can afford balens, but it will help you against those who can.

ALSO BUY YOUR NEXT SET OF ARENA ARMOR AS EARLY AS YOU CAN AND WORK ON MAXING THEM OUT ON ENCHANTMENT WHILE YOU LVL UP. DO NOT USE SOCKET RODS ON ANYTHING EARLY, USE IT ON YOUR CRYPT SHOP JEWELRY BECAUSE YOU CAN UPGRADE SOME OF THEM (LVL 40-50-60) TO LEGENDARY ITEMS WITH WORK. I PERSONALLY WENT FOR MY LVL 40 AND MAXED THEM OUT. OPENED ALL THE SOCKETS POSSIBLE AND WILL KEEP THEM WHILE I WORK ON MY LVL 60. SKIPPING LVL 50 WHILE HAVING LVL 40 WILL GIVE ME XTRA TIME/CRYPT COINS/AND LEGENDARY STONE TO GET THEM.
                  Last edited by Evangaleen; 04-20-2013, 02:07 PM.

Comment

that is actually a really good point.

Finding a similar play style player of a similar level, to egg each other on to perform better...
                    Sucks to be the first one to reach the goals and see the others trample over your record with the greatest of ease, doesn't it, Ginger?

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
                      Sucks to be the first one to reach the goals and see the others trample over your record with the greatest of ease, doesn't it, Ginger?
                      I set a standard, you fine ladies usually raise the bar!

It sucks in some ways that you appear to smash through them with ease, but also it makes me want to work harder to make the next challenge more difficult, to see if I can set a target you can't reach. For the most part I enjoy the rivalry we create and the banter we have together. I don't mind you or others breaking/smahing/clawing down at the targets we set for each other. If you break it then I'm proud of you. I'm also energised to work harder on the next big target.

For the most part I set a goal for myself and work toward it. 40k BR before level 50 is the current goal...

Comment

Originally posted by Evangaleen View Post
                        I personally stalled my character at lvl 50 and spent every moment leveling up my talents, blitzing cata (only with a key), and enchanting my next set of armor. By the time I did reach lvl 55 my entire armor set was fully enchanted and I had all my lvl 40 legendary items fully enchanted as well. I went as far as I could on my talents because you reach a point where you have to level up so you can get the xp needed to level up. I spent my time gaining gems, daru, gold, and kynite. I have my academy maxed out on my stats and my troops... I recommend doing this at lvl 50 + because it will give you a good base to fight against others with. Not everyone can afford balens, but it will help you against those who can.
                        And be squishy as hell until then? To each his own, I suppose. I'd rather be strong at *every* level I am, instead of kind of barely competitive-ish at 50+.
                        I had my academy maxed out for both hero and troops by the time I turned level 28. I've always had the daru to level any troop to my own level. That's something that should be done way before level 50 imo.

Originally posted by Evangaleen View Post
                        ALSO BUY YOUR NEXT SET OF ARENA ARMOR AS EARLY AS YOU CAN AND WORK ON MAXING THEM OUT ON ENCHANTMENT WHILE YOU LVL UP. DO NOT USE SOCKET RODS ON ANYTHING EARLY, USE IT ON YOUR CRYPT SHOP JEWELRY BECAUSE YOU CAN UPGRADE SOME OF THEM (LVL 40-50-60) TO LEGENDARY ITEMS WITH WORK. I PERSONALLY WENT FOR MY LVL 40 AND MAXED THEM OUT. OPENED ALL THE SOCKETS POSSIBLE AND WILL KEEP THEM WHILE I WORK ON MY LVL 60. SKIPPING LVL 50 WHILE HAVING LVL 40 WILL GIVE ME XTRA TIME/CRYPT COINS/AND LEGENDARY STONE TO GET THEM.
                        Again to each his own. If you plan to stay sub 50 for a long time, I suggest one DOES invest in socketing rods. True waste of power to not use those gems. I'd say go for the 50 legend set instead of 40, and then working on the 70 should that ever come out.

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
                          And be squishy as hell until then? To each his own, I suppose. I'd rather be strong at *every* level I am, instead of kind of barely competitive-ish at 50+.
                          I had my academy maxed out for both hero and troops by the time I turned level 28. I've always had the daru to level any troop to my own level. That's something that should be done way before level 50 imo.

Again to each his own. If you plan to stay sub 50 for a long time, I suggest one DOES invest in socketing rods. True waste of power to not use those gems. I'd say go for the 50 legend set instead of 40, and then working on the 70 should that ever come out.
                          I used all the gems as I got them. Not everyone can buy balens, I was suggesting that if you couldnt buy them to save them for the armor your going to use the longest. I do not suggest you waste 2 socket rods on lvl 35 armor when the time between leveling up between 35 and 45 is shorter than 55-60 and so forth. I have mostly lvl 5 gems now and decided to save my limited amount of socket rods for the legendary jewelry because this will be used for a while as I work on gathering the materials needed for the lvl 60. It depends on the individual on when and how to build their character, each person is going to view things in a different manner. I am giving a non balen buying p.o.v. I also stalled at lvl 35 and 45 after I got each new FULLY ENCHANTED AND SOCKET set on. I guess I should have written that differently had I known my statement would be picked apart like this. I recommend they do this BY lvl 50 and if not by then, its a good time to stop at this point and work on it. I say lvl 50 because when your talents open up you can dump the xp you obtain into them to increase your talents and work on your other things gold/daru/kynite/gems ect.... this way your not sacrificing your xp and you can level up something useful WHILE working on everything else. NOT EVERYONE CAN BUY BALENS so INVESTING in socket rods, while it would be nice to do so, isnt possible for everyone. THIS IS WHY I SAID DO NOT USE THEM EARLY ON, they will become more useful in the armor/jewelry sets that you will have on for LONGER periods of time. If it takes a week from 25-35 and a month from 50-60+ (examples not actual time, everyone has diff amounts of time to spend on this) then using the socket rods on something that you will only benefit from a week is a waste vs something you will have on for a month or longer. If you cant buy them, then saving the rare ones you get for later is a good idea. I cant count how many times I have seen high level people in my server saying how they need socketing rods so badly, even those who do use balens. And all of them have said in one time or another that they wish they HAD SAVED them for later because it was a waste to use them on the armor they had to get rid of for the next set. Your armor choices pretty much stop at lvl 55 because the legendary armor you have to create next is going to take a lot of work and patience.... Just saying...

I didnt really get my *** handed to me until I reached 50. It was before the battleground issues were fixed and we were fighting everyone 50+
                          Last edited by Evangaleen; 04-20-2013, 03:32 PM.

Comment

I set a standard, you fine ladies usually raise the bar!

40k BR before level 50 is the current goal...
                            Well, of course we raise it! Otherwise you'd have too much fun watching us do the limbo. :P

Oh my, so now I have yet another goal to smash, on top of the cata 100. *adds to the list*
                            Fear the kitteh! Grey Mage - VaeVictis - S5 Not everyone who whoops your a s s is a heavy casher, quit lying to yourself..
                            When I politely ask you to stop spawn-camping, stay the feck off! I have a short temper.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyKittehMage View Post
                              Well, of course we raise it! Otherwise you'd have too much fun watching us do the limbo. :P

Oh my, so now I have yet another goal to smash, on top of the cata 100. *adds to the list*
                              hang on wait is this reverse limbo or something...

Cos I set the bar as high as I can...

surely I should be setting it lower for a better limbo watching experience?

Comment

Well achieve these i guess
                                1) lvl 8 gems 4 sockets - do cata untill all yr gems are lvl 8
                                2) soul engraving lvl 80 - go gb until yr soul is 80
                                3) stable lvl 8 - go gb until u have enough whips for stable lvl 8
                                4) refine until all yr essential stats are 10
                                5) do all yr astral until they are lvl 10 too
                                6) max yr academic along the way
                                7) get medal to lord divine

achieving these, u will be strong for yr level. In my humble opinion.
                                Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
                                Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
                                Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
                                One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
                                In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
                                One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
                                One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
                                In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

Working...
                                X