Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys,

First of all, thank you very much for inspiring me! I used to be a sheep grinding exp to gain lvls as fast as i could. Woke up at lvl 48 with 22k br... Stopped enjoying the game altogether... .Problem wasn't only putting to much focus on levels. Playing on EU server doesn't go well with my daily routine. I miss out on too many events. I rarely do bg, hardly ever wbs... So i decided to start a brand new char, on a brand new server (US East) and am planning on using the tips you provided Am never going to be as hardcore as you guys, prob gonna do cata runs (at least till lvl 20-30 or something), but you've managed to open my eyes onto how to resist the pressure of gaining levels. Am really looking forward to this now. I've set up a plan for the next 10 levels and will see how it goes Fingers crossed!

Again, thank you very much for this guide. You've gained another convert
    Last edited by Heresy009; 10-06-2013, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• New players who start and don't intend on being the next ZebQ should slow level, without it, you will never enjoy the game (If you're competitive that is)

Comment

• Anyone tried finding out the best place to stop in catacombs for most CT gain with least experience? I keep forgetting to write down the exp per level =\

Anyway is it possible to get enough CTs for leg 40 set by only doing catacombs from 39 to 44? Assuming ~100% world prosperity.

e: answered my own question, most CT/exp is obtained by only doing 5 levels. Sounds like a plan, just gona do 5 levels a day.
        Last edited by d07.RiV; 10-07-2013, 02:20 AM.
        Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
        Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

• Sorry, just to make it clear on the material.
          As to what i have now: 50499 Insign, 502 Crypt tokens, 845 loids, 355 leg stones, so should be close for pve 50.
          Now i know im a bit late to make the pve 50, but crypt tokens can be farmed from Vip wheels right?
          Also, i still have 17 days to get IC medallion, i might hold lvl until i get LD, so i cant farm loids or leg stones for 60.
          So other than getting increase income from WB will pve 50 legend be better than pvp 55? Sorry if it was unclear before.
          R2 S230 - Cross Chasm Veronica Knight 64 Lord Divine 73797/82128 Pirates

Comment

• Originally posted by VMC230 View Post
            Sorry, just to make it clear on the material.
            As to what i have now: 50499 Insign, 502 Crypt tokens, 845 loids, 355 leg stones, so should be close for pve 50.
            Now i know im a bit late to make the pve 50, but crypt tokens can be farmed from Vip wheels right?
            Also, i still have 17 days to get IC medallion, i might hold lvl until i get LD, so i cant farm loids or leg stones for 60.
            So other than getting increase income from WB will pve 50 legend be better than pvp 55? Sorry if it was unclear before.
            Now its clear^^ run god nm without last boss, 5 days and u have leg 50 pve set. Then u can stay a bit for ic and go up bcs next 3 weeks for ld is lil waste
            50 set make big bost from wb bcs u can start using thunderer there
            So my advice is get ic and start farming 60 rings and jewels on 60+ barket. Go so fast as u can to 64v and make up talents. After u get max hs dont run last boss moon nm and end your rings/jewels + Ld on this barketthen just work on 60 pve set but dont use it till u get 3/4 legend

_________

Crit Mage 80v
            ~135k Br

_________

Comment

• ok... thank you, Anata. Im a knight tho ^^
              R2 S230 - Cross Chasm Veronica Knight 64 Lord Divine 73797/82128 Pirates

Comment

• 50 set make big bost from wb bcs u can start using thunderer there
                As if you can't use thunder with pvp set. You can get a tiny boost from using thunder twice, but that's not worth a lot since it slows down the rounds quite significantly.
                Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
                Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

• A couple questions.

I'm a level 62 mage with complete PvE legendary 50 set working on farming my legendary 60 armor and jewels. Half way to 63, talent level 15. I still have legendary 40 rings. All gear is properly refined and socketed. Academy, troops are maxed (level 62 templars with level 4 MATK enlightenment.) Battle rating is 58k. Rank is Elite Crusader. The character is Moon NM capable; it can just barely run as a single mage in a group. (Depends on group, of course.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	charsnap.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1676208

Is it possible to finish all 8 pieces before hitting level 65?

Can this character finish level 5 Necropolis?
                  Last edited by MolochMage; 10-09-2013, 05:38 AM.
                  [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
                  [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
                    A couple questions.

I'm a level 62 mage with complete PvE legendary 50 set working on farming my legendary 60 armor and jewels. Half way to 63, talent level 15. I still have legendary 40 rings. All gear is properly refined and socketed. Academy, troops are maxed (level 62 templars with level 4 MATK enlightenment.) Battle rating is 58k. Rank is Elite Crusader. The character is Moon NM capable; it can just barely run as a single mage in a group. (Depends on group, of course.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58652[/ATTACH]

It's possible yes with good planning and prep. Or a good credit card.

Not knowing your prep work or your current standing in regards to level 60 gear - I don't know if it'll be possible for you personally.

As for lvl 5 Necro - Not sure - I would think so with pots/scrolls.

The way I did necro was:

Spend the 3 keys and enter. Start and see where I died. Then revive for free and leave.

Once I'd gained a chunk more BR - or after CW when I had all the pots/scrolls already on - re enter (takes you to where you left off, like the catacombs - but with no re entry key fee) and see if I could beat the level.
                    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

• Ginger, thanks for the tip on Necro. Didn't know it worked that way there.

My prep is nonexistent. 150 loids + stones, 1500 crypt tokens. I'm thinking I should prioritize the rings first?
                      [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
                      [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

I've noticed one or two guildies doing 2 bosses for loids/stones, leaving, then having a friend invite them back so they can avoid the ending exp but also not ditch the team.

In the second area, they do the boss first(then do the leaving/invite back thingy) so they don't have to get exp from the lairs but they can still help the team out if they open them.
                        Last edited by Whispir; 10-09-2013, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Ginger, thanks for the tip on Necro. Didn't know it worked that way there.

My prep is nonexistent. 150 loids + stones, 1500 crypt tokens. I'm thinking I should prioritize the rings first?
                          Up to you which you prioritise first.

with non existent prep - it'll be difficult to achieve I think.

you could certainly get the rings/jewels or the hat/brooch/armour/weapon sorted easily enough in that level frame. Not sure if you could manage all 8 though.

There are other factors like your world prosperity level, VIP level etc which also come into play here.

I think you'll find it difficult to get 8 pieces. I wish you luck though!
                          You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P

Comment

• Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
                            Anyone tried finding out the best place to stop in catacombs for most CT gain with least experience? I keep forgetting to write down the exp per level =\
                            It's a linear series: 200xp/level before World Prosperity eviscerates you. So the base xp for the first n levels is 200*(nth triangular number): 200*[n*(n+1)/2].

Comment

A couple questions.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58652[/ATTACH]

with this char you might even pass 7,to finish before 65 you should stop gaining exp from anything expect cata if you need gems/tokens,just do first 2 bosses of moon nm leave and rejoin to help party finish and get no exp

Comment

• Some additions and changes have been made to the original post in the following areas:
                                • The Academy,
                                • The Academy Blessing Wheel,
                                • The Tormented Necropolis &
                                • The Spire.

Comment

Working...
                                X