Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
    Thing is at level 50-54 you can start camping even at level 50 because nobody at 54 has higher HS than you do... So you don't get stunned, and the difference between 50 and 54 templars is minimal (though academy boost now makes difference between levels greater than before)... But 60-64 you need to be 64 with max HS (22) so you only have 6 more talent points to camp at and the 60 gear is way more time consuming... That's why I was thinking like I did.
    I'll give you that. fair point.

Originally posted by trigger5855 View Post
    hi im trying to find out which mpd you do to get ur 40 set, is it void nm or badlands for summons, i never done it but have been asked.
    Void NM, just doing the first 2 bosses will give you ~ 10 Crystaloids/Legend stones. If you get lucky at the blue troll guys, a second exit opens up and you get a 3rd extra boss which will give you some more.

Doing the summoner is more XP intensive. But it'll earn you, your set quicker.
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

• The thing that annoys me most about the change from 3 to 1 MD per day is that the xp per summon attempt is tripled yet the rewards remain the same.
      [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
      [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
        The thing that annoys me most about the change from 3 to 1 MD per day is that the xp per summon attempt is tripled yet the rewards remain the same.
        Yes that is a major kick in the teeth in my opinion. It really sucks.

That said, there is no need to save skele keys anymore...
        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P

Comment

• Update with pictures

So I levelled up to 36 today.. Not happy about it but oh well.. Missing crypt tokens.I'd love to have enough for at least 2 rings lvl 40 by the time i hit the level, but it's going so slowly..
          Lvl 35 set boosted my BR by over 2k, can't complain lol.

Haven't had time to play much this week. but hopefully starting this weekend I'll catch up.

So a few pictures:

Astrals: Enhanced Force + Enhanced Willpower lvl 4, Pristine Fortitude lvl 3
          Gems: I've only drilled 1 extra socket on my jewels, holding onto rods for the lvl 45 set.

Goals:
          #1 Get 20k br at lvl 38
          #2 Crusader by lvl 40
          #3 Have 400 CT by lvl 40
          (smaller goals)
          #4 Get lvl 5 Power and Defense skill in the next 10 days
          #5 Academy still not great. Needs work:

Any suggestions?

PS: Forgot how to resize image links.. sorry if they're a bit big
          Last edited by Heresy009; 10-24-2013, 06:05 AM.

Comment

• I would like to add a bit of drawback for the extra slow leveling. I consider myself a moderate/slow leveler, 71K br at lv 66. going t-o extreme slow leveling, especially in the low levels range can be a mistake in the long run. let me explain. I agree whith stopping at 38-39 to get about 20k br and crusader title, whith a litle stop around 49 to take the elite crusader, but no more and so on. But I disagree whith not doing catacombs and the event quest, especially for non cashers. Once u beat lv 100 catacombs, they became your main source of gems/crypt tokens. The free mounts +/- clothes are iremplacables for free players. So if u just slow for the sacke of slowing and beating "records" in the end you'll be way behind in your own server rankings. 4-ies and early 50-ies are damaging, everybody raise his own br here whith the pvp sets and then u reach the lv 60 zone.
            And here everybody start to slow level, at least the inteligets players. dumping all exp in talents. maxing the academy and guild skills, which are a lot easier here. Leveling astrals too. In the time U loosed slowing in the 40-ies, thy'll max astrals, academy and guild skills, got the pve 60 legend too. imagine meeting them in BG. Why do you think our extrememely slowly levelers have stopped at 59?

And a litle question for Creamy and ginger : What's the br of top players on their server? or average tops? are they still competitive on their own server? I'm around position 50 whith 71k br and our server started in avril 2013, so 6 months server, whith top cashers reaching 100k (but they are only 4-5), so can get in top 10 if i want.
            Last edited by R233003618; 10-24-2013, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• By level I rank at ~900.

By BR I rank at ~120.

The highest BR on my server (without checking as I am looking in on my smartphone) is ~125k.

It says in my post, that if you wish to compete for number 1 position, that slow leveling is not for you.

I can get number one on wb if I want to.

I'm competitive within my level bracket. Which is all I aim for.

Comment

• No 1 on wb is cash only thing. What i mean is to slow level but keep contact whith the tops on server. Not the 4-5 hight cashers, but the others, while dominating the brackets. If that means that you'll lose some bg and arena fights, so be it. And i'm against slowwing too much in the 4-ies and early 50 ties, as i said, because that means not doing cata and the event quests. Some 30 pages ago you posed problem of player alpha who's slow leveling 12 months to lv 64-65 and player beta that goes in 3-4 to 60ies, then start farming there for another 6-8 months. I think beta will be far stronger, because he'l have strong talents and HS, more horses, as he didn't skip the events, and lot of more gems as he did everyday cata. And in the 180 days of staying in thge 60ies, he'll eventually get LD title too. ( i'm 30-40 days from having a decent HS and from finishing lv 60 legendary, so when i'll starrt doing again bg i'll have around 80k br, which is enought for 61-69 brcket).

Again, i'm for slow leveling, but trying 40k br at lv 40 is deserving in thre long run. If you want just to dominate let say 95% of fights, u need only 20k at lv 39, 435-40k at 49, 55-60k at 59. At 64, 65-70k is verry good. Passed 65, things get evil, you need at least 35-40 holly seal and over 75k br just to be barely competitive. And there are the driaders too around.

ps I agree whith AnattaOfakku when she said not to wait LD at 59, to get it at 64 is more efficient.
                Last edited by R233003618; 10-24-2013, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by R233003618 View Post
                  ps I agree whith AnattaOfakku when she said not to wait LD at 59, to get it at 64 is more efficient.
                  Why wait for LD at 59 when you can get it easily without any effort and without having to stop your leveling at 56? The soonest is most effective.

Comment

No 1 on wb is cash only thing.
                    I disagree. You have to have a good strength build & routine, otherwise no amount of cash will get you there.

Originally posted by R233003618 View Post
                    What i mean is to slow level but keep contact whith the tops on server. Not the 4-5 hight cashers, but the others, while dominating the brackets.
                    Define the others.

I told you that I am rank 825 (I checked) by level and 119 by BR. I think I'm keeping up quite well considering.

If that means that you'll lose some bg and arena fights, so be it. And i'm against slowwing too much in the 4-ies and early 50 ties, as i said, because that means not doing cata and the event quests.
                    This is a guide. Advice. As a player you are free to agree with it, or disagree.

If a player wishes to go super slow at any point, then my advice is avoid all exp.

If a player wants something in game, my advice is go get it, have fun with it, once you get it.

Some 30 pages ago you posed problem of player alpha who's slow leveling 12 months to lv 64-65 and player beta that goes in 3-4 to 60ies, then start farming there for another 6-8 months. I think beta will be far stronger, because he'l have strong talents and HS, more horses, as he didn't skip the events, and lot of more gems as he did everyday cata. And in the 180 days of staying in thge 60ies, he'll eventually get LD title too. ( i'm 30-40 days from having a decent HS and from finishing lv 60 legendary, so when i'll starrt doing again bg i'll have around 80k br, which is enought for 61-69 brcket).
                    Again everything I say is just an opinion or advice.

If I advise a player to jump off a cliff I suspect the majority of players receiving that advice would ignore it.

I stand by what I said in regards to that scenario.

Again, i'm for slow leveling, but trying 40k br at lv 40 is deserving in thre long run. If you want just to dominate let say 95% of fights, u need only 20k at lv 39, 435-40k at 49, 55-60k at 59. At 64, 65-70k is verry good. Passed 65, things get evil, you need at least 35-40 holly seal and over 75k br just to be barely competitive. And there are the driaders too around.
                    Have you tried getting 20K at lvl 39? or 40K before 50? You say 'only', perhaps I misread you but that comes across quite dismissively of the achievement.

20K at lvl 39 is huge. Monumental. Seriously good.
                    40K or more before 50 is really good.

you say 70K is very good at 64... I nearly have that (68625), I'm 57.

There will always be dryaders. And a good strong build will repel them for a long time. A strong build built over time allows for more understanding of a characters strengths, weakness's, capabilities. I have won fights I should have lost, because I know my mage very well, and my opponent hasn't known their strengths and weakness's as well as I have known mine.

More efficient. Maybe. But there's challenges in things like that, and as a player, I like to define myself by my achievements. Challenges form those achievements.

Comment

• WB - need just hight attack + good routine +pve set + being an archer + balens for buffs and revives. Attack, routine, pve set most ppl have it, so.....Yeah, you could be nb1 if those hight cashers top players will decide not to balen because they are bored.

As for server rankings: can u still go to top 10? That is what i mean in not going too slow. Anyway all end now on 70 ies, all hight br arethere.

As for 20K at 39 i had over 19k and not even opened all sockets (didn't want to buy rods on something i was gonna throw away). Whith a pair of wings is not hard at all (you'll say i'm a casher, but i'm not more than you - from your first posts)
                      40k before 50 i didn't have, had about 33-35k, but i was a litlerushing in those levels.

In all i try to be constructive for this guide, that is great btw, i just want to find out what is the optimum leveling speed. Because all this br upgrading id self limiting in this game, at least in the actual form. Let me explain : guild skills are max 10, academy is limited by your level, astrals and genms become harder and harder to level up. even stables are self limithing, so is the soul engraving. Once pased a certain limit or condidition, all is just a matter of time to level them up.
                      Ex: once u finish catacombs you'll get the same nb of gems (on average)
                      once in the wining gb guild, you'll get the 60 whips/week and soulcrystals
                      for astrals and guild skills you need to do well in wb
                      And there are the mounts. Big boost, the more u have, the more powerfull you are. But if you are a non casher and miss all event horses because of 100k exp our belowed R2 put on those quests (i think they hate the slow levelers btw). I point this out because i saw posts of ppl that skipped cata and those event mounts/clothes (btw, you need at least lv 3 clothes to wear with pve sets, fortunately the spire experience avoiding trick works ) i must say my oppinion. so if you are powerfull for your level and want to stay that way whithout compensating whith real money you should do those.

Comment

• lv 3 clothes?Why? lv 2 clothes x2 and one lv 1 = 7+7+5=19 starting rage you could use brut or any other rune and get 29 and go with rof+md,

Comment

• You run the risk of being stunned if you use a rune before the first move.
                          [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
                          [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• You need to use rain/meteor or rain /damnation, so u need 30 starting rage for arena/bg/CW,where you face 3 opponents. Not to mention that for a sunto on 3rd turn or a Blessing light on 4th you need 32 starting rage. So use cash or do the free quests, it's up to you.

Comment

You need to use rain/meteor or rain /damnation, so u need 30 starting rage for arena/bg/CW,where you face 3 opponents. Not to mention that for a sunto on 3rd turn or a Blessing light on 4th you need 32 starting rage. So use cash or do the free quests, it's up to you.
                              RoF: costs 16 to cast.

With a PvP set: 12 rage gets returned due to Heart Elemental passive ability, assuming maxed HE & 3 targets were hit. Net rage: -4

With a PvE set: 22 rage gets returned, same conditions as above. Net rage: +6 rage

With a PvE set that means you could start with 24 rage from clothes, cast RoF and then cast Meteor straight after.

Comment

• Your right, 24 rage from clothes is the minimal to have. But you'll need 30 to open whith damnation on arena, and about 32 to be able to cast blessing light on 3rd turn in the same arena, or in ToK. Anyway, the more starting rage, the better, so make the event quests, if you don't wanna pay. I emphasise that because i saw a couple of pages back ppl that advised to completely skip everythig for the sake of slow leveling, thrust me it's not wise doing so. I know R2 sucks in that matter, was better when they just gave exp books from quests, but we all know by now how they hate slow levelers (because they beat the **** out of some noob cashers).

On the other side, wanting 40k br at lv 40 is just a waste of time. Must take into consideration br_gained/time, not only br_gained/level. As this is a guide and we give and search advice, i think you must put on what's the minimal br neded to dominate a branch (let say win 95%), ex 18-20k for lv39, but you must know better. And put it into first page. Me i rushed a litle in the 40-50ies, at 59 to dominate you need about 55-60k br, at l64 65-70k br. After 65 things go crazy, you can meet 100K br and there are the talents not reflected by br too. But a 80K br whith a 35 holly seal must be enought if you are carefull. All that for EU time zone, i don't know for US and Oceania zones.

Comment

Working...
                                X