Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FriedChikin View Post
    I have questions for Ginger...
    Once your talent in 64 is max, will you level up to 65?
    If yes, will you still in slow levelling route? or normal or fast?
    Once my talent level for level 64 is maxed, yes I will level. I am currently talent level 24 + 22%.

Once I hit 65: my plan will be the same as for 60. I will play at a much more normal pace until I hit the end of the next bracket: So I will dabble with Spire, ToK, my own level dungeons, until I hit lvl 69. There I will once again resume the slow leveling pace, until talents are maxed, before moving up to 70.
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

• I have a question that probably will seem stupid and funny. What is the difrence between armor and defense ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ViciousIvy View Post
        I have a question that probably will seem stupid and funny. What is the difrence between armor and defense ?
        Not a silly question.

Simple answer: In game, there is no difference. They both give +4mdef and +4 pdef, per point.
        | GNUTerryPrachett |

| |
        | | | |

Comment

• "Defense" is called "Armor" on legendary equipment pieces. The only exception to this rule is the newbie jewels you get from your first recharge; those are also "legendary" in the sense that they can hold 4 gems but there, the stat is called Defense.
          Last edited by MolochMage; 03-02-2014, 06:19 PM.
          [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
          [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
            Once my talent level for level 64 is maxed, yes I will level. I am currently talent level 24 + 22%.

Once I hit 65: my plan will be the same as for 60. I will play at a much more normal pace until I hit the end of the next bracket: So I will dabble with Spire, ToK, my own level dungeons, until I hit lvl 69. There I will once again resume the slow leveling pace, until talents are maxed, before moving up to 70.

Ty Ginger.. Mine is level 27 already, 1 more talent then I'll say goodbye to bg heaven. Some ask me to do fast leveling and build talent while working on 80 gear, some ask me to do normal leveling, and some hardcore slow leveler even advice me to not level up. Ima confuse lol
            my path is bloody road...

Comment

There I will once again resume the slow leveling pace, until talents are maxed, before moving up to 70.
              slow levelling + max talent level = does not compute
              IGN: AncientEvil
              Server: EU-271+merged
              Class: Archer
              Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

• Originally posted by ancev View Post
                slow levelling + max talent level = does not compute
                Why does it not compute?
                You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P

Comment

Why does it not compute?
                  It depends where you stage you are at. I slow levelled a little bit, but not much. I was already high in level. I chose to level up to 80, but I camped at 69 for a long long time, way before the 70 mp's came out. And every time I reached a new rank, I held my level, but I had lots of room to hold talents. I was stunned a lot at level 80, but now my HS is maxed and I am working on talents (about 1 per day with exp bonus, 1 every 1.5 days w/o) I passed a lot of people who were level 74/75 and staying at their level, but now I am stunning them instead of the other way around. Level 74, stay as long as you can I would say to get as many insig for your legendary equipment, but after that there is no sense staying low. I am not sure about other levels, but there are certain spots to stick around and certain spots to level up to quickly. Getting to level 80 took quite a while, so I am glad I am finished that and now get to work on talents. For others who have worked on talents first, they won't have much to level up once they hit 80, so it's a bit of a trade off. I am glad mine is done, so I can play the new mp's once they come out
                  Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

• Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
                    It depends where you stage you are at. I slow levelled a little bit, but not much. I was already high in level. I chose to level up to 80, but I camped at 69 for a long long time, way before the 70 mp's came out. And every time I reached a new rank, I held my level, but I had lots of room to hold talents. I was stunned a lot at level 80, but now my HS is maxed and I am working on talents (about 1 per day with exp bonus, 1 every 1.5 days w/o) I passed a lot of people who were level 74/75 and staying at their level, but now I am stunning them instead of the other way around. Level 74, stay as long as you can I would say to get as many insig for your legendary equipment, but after that there is no sense staying low. I am not sure about other levels, but there are certain spots to stick around and certain spots to level up to quickly. Getting to level 80 took quite a while, so I am glad I am finished that and now get to work on talents. For others who have worked on talents first, they won't have much to level up once they hit 80, so it's a bit of a trade off. I am glad mine is done, so I can play the new mp's once they come out
                    I am at 64.

Once I have done all I can XP wise at 64, I will level to 65. Then I will 'zip' (relatively speaking for my usual speed) to 69 and sit there.

Rinse and repeat to 74.

Rinse and repeat to 80.

Comment

I am at 64.

Once I have done all I can XP wise at 64, I will level to 65. Then I will 'zip' (relatively speaking for my usual speed) to 69 and sit there.

Rinse and repeat to 74.

Rinse and repeat to 80.

Sounds about right to me

Comment

I am at 64.

Rinse and repeat to 74.

Rinse and repeat to 80.
                        That sounds like a good plan but it depends what you mean by slow levelling. If doing all you can do XP wise to max talents asap at 69 is slow levelling than that's great. If you earn XP same way you have earned from 60 to 64, then like I said it does not compute.
                        Also gameplay wise, sitting at 60ish is bad for future updates. If you are done with 60 set there is absolutely no sense in sitting too much at 60 bracket. But I guess this is just your normal pace.
                        IGN: AncientEvil
                        Server: EU-271+merged
                        Class: Archer
                        Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

• Originally posted by ancev View Post
                          That sounds like a good plan but it depends what you mean by slow levelling. If doing all you can do XP wise to max talents asap at 69 is slow levelling than that's great. If you earn XP same way you have earned from 60 to 64, then like I said it does not compute.
                          Also gameplay wise, sitting at 60ish is bad for future updates. If you are done with 60 set there is absolutely no sense in sitting too much at 60 bracket. But I guess this is just your normal pace.
                          Once I hit 65, I will dabble with ToK and spire etc to earn XP at a quicker rate. I won't be doing either on a daily basis.

Once I hit 69, the majority of my XP will come from catas, while I prep for my 70 gear.

Why not sit in the 60's? I have said before that more prep time for gear makes you stronger for your level.

I like being strong for my level. I don't want to have to struggle and resort to begging for help in WC, like I see so many do.

Comment

• nothing wrong with being strong for your level, but there is a point where you need to advance. no sense levelling talents at level 76 when you can run to 80 and finish up there, for example.

Comment

• Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
                              nothing wrong with being strong for your level, but there is a point where you need to advance. no sense levelling talents at level 76 when you can run to 80 and finish up there, for example.
                              Oh I agree with that.

I just don't see any point running to my next slowing point, before I feel I am ready to.

I fail to see where the 'there's no point in slow leveling post level X' is coming from, or you only hamstring yourself by going slow now. As far as I can see, there's every reason to slow level.

I know I can't compete with the likes of Onimad. I don't spend enough. I'll never compete with the people who spend a lot of money.

If I rush to 80 now: then I'll be directly competing with them, I know who will come off worse. My 94K BR is probably in the top 10% for my level. 94K BR at level 80 is nothing.

I refuse to move to a level where I go from being able to hold my own, and able to cart as I please (mostly) in BG, to being the LD honour pinata for all those who rely on HS to win. Sitting stunned for 6 turns in a fight is not my idea of fun. It's not like there's lot of honour or respect amongst players either.

Quite recently I have done some experiments in BG. By going into BG on the basic horse, with no clothes showing and a moderately high title shown: I was racking up 15+ defensive kills. And I would estimate that 90% of those players who thought I was an easy honour target, opened with HS.

The other thing, rushing to level 70/80 etc: just means I'll have to beg for help getting my 70 gear. I'm not strong enough to go through the 70 dungeon, which means reliance on others to carry me. That's not how I play the game, nor how I want to play the game.

Comment

Oh I agree with that.

I just don't see any point running to my next slowing point, before I feel I am ready to.

I fail to see where the 'there's no point in slow leveling post level X' is coming from, or you only hamstring yourself by going slow now. As far as I can see, there's every reason to slow level.

I know I can't compete with the likes of Onimad. I don't spend enough. I'll never compete with the people who spend a lot of money.

If I rush to 80 now: then I'll be directly competing with them, I know who will come off worse. My 94K BR is probably in the top 10% for my level. 94K BR at level 80 is nothing.

I refuse to move to a level where I go from being able to hold my own, and able to cart as I please (mostly) in BG, to being the LD honour pinata for all those who rely on HS to win. Sitting stunned for 6 turns in a fight is not my idea of fun. It's not like there's lot of honour or respect amongst players either.

Quite recently I have done some experiments in BG. By going into BG on the basic horse, with no clothes showing and a moderately high title shown: I was racking up 15+ defensive kills. And I would estimate that 90% of those players who thought I was an easy honour target, opened with HS.

The other thing, rushing to level 70/80 etc: just means I'll have to beg for help getting my 70 gear. I'm not strong enough to go through the 70 dungeon, which means reliance on others to carry me. That's not how I play the game, nor how I want to play the game.
                                Totally agree, lol. For BG's I put my flashy stuff on and most leave me alone. Also, like I said, I stopped at 69 for a long time to level stuff up etc... and every honor rank I had to quit bg for a while b/c I couldn't protect my rank. I was a weak Elite Knight Crus .... took about a month to be able to hold my own. Same with Imp Com. I am still a bit weakish for my level, but part of that is the switch to crit mage, losing defense I really need, but I can pass the mp's no problem. I'm just too lazy to switch back and forth between crit and EWD mage for wb, so I'm using crit mage for wb really and the rest who cares? I don't need bg nor do I try to shard much, this game takes too long lately so I just do my basics and get on with my day. Still haven't finished my guild skills, lol, too busy levelling up snipers edge to 8 ... that takes forever! But Indeed, I do truly respect the fact that you want to be able to do your mp's w/o begging for help ... I wish there was more like you.

Comment

Working...
                                X