Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by winlord View Post
    New mounts can be obtained by everyone, old mounts were only available for those who have played before, which will cause a gap that can't be closed without serious cashing in future patches. If you're fine with being behind or cashing heavily, that's fine, but in my opinion, the original intention of those that choose to stay at a certain level for longer than normal is to avoid massive cashing and tough competition.
    It can easily be closed by upping your gems, soul engraving, gear and refining. This isn't a guide to be the #1 on every server without cashing. It's a guide to be strong at one's level. If I'm strong at 47, I won't suddenly be a weakass at 65 when following this guide just because I might missed out on a few mounts.

    Like I said: it takes time. Not necessarily money, but time.

    As far as staying 'longer than normal' at a certain level... There is no 'normal' here. There are no set rules one must stay at a level for X hours/days. Longer than average, is a better description. But do people do that to avoid competition? Doubtful. Most slow levelers do that to reach the goals they've set for themselves.

    All in all; people won't be "behind", nor do they have to "cash heavily" when following this guide. If you don't agree with this guide, then just don't read it and go play the game the way you want it. It's obvious from your replies this guide is not meant for you.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
      It can easily be closed by upping your gems, soul engraving, gear and refining. This isn't a guide to be the #1 on every server without cashing. It's a guide to be strong at one's level. If I'm strong at 47, I won't suddenly be a weakass at 65 when following this guide just because I might missed out on a few mounts.

      Like I said: it takes time. Not necessarily money, but time.

      As far as staying 'longer than normal' at a certain level... There is no 'normal' here. There are no set rules one must stay at a level for X hours/days. Longer than average, is a better description. But do people do that to avoid competition? Doubtful. Most slow levelers do that to reach the goals they've set for themselves.

      All in all; people won't be "behind", nor do they have to "cash heavily" when following this guide. If you don't agree with this guide, then just don't read it and go play the game the way you want it. It's obvious from your replies this guide is not meant for you.
      I'm actually currently sitting on 22K BR on my level 39 alt, so please don't try to act like a smartass.
      First of all, no, you won't be able to compete at 65 with the strong players in BG like you do in 49 for various reasons: Much higher holy seal levels and talents, cashers who spent alot on this game and stayed at 68-69 and have 65-70k BR and above, which you won't have, and other things. You might be good at 49 and even at 59 if you surpass your opponent's BR by alot, it won't really matter even if his holy seal is higher, but at 69 you'll face MUCH stronger opponents and then we'll see how this "guide" works for you.

      Like I said before, this guide is good in my opinion, but only to a certain point, you can't stay at 39 49 etc and then go for the highest level and compete, it's simply not possible unless you're a massive casher, and even then there might be some difficulties.

      I do agree with your "longer than average" correction though.

      Comment


      • The key to being strong at any level is time.

        Taking extra time to fix your astrals = more strength. Taking extra time to get that guild skill done before leveling = strength.

        Sure money helps, I can't deny that. But time is the real factor in this guide. Taking your time and planning your steps carefully is how to be strong.

        Missing out on mounts or big rewards from events, doesn't make anyone weak, it just increases the amount of time they sit at a level to achieve their goals.

        Personally - I want a 40k BR before I turn level 50. It's not about being the strongest, or beating the **** outta little people. Ask anyone who has seen me play BG - I only ever defend and always cart. I have no need or desire to go squish people who can't defend themselves against me.
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

        Comment


        • Hello.

          I'm playing at S209. I started like around the second day after the server opened.
          Since the server is still new around that time, I planned to reach level 35 as soon as possible since people are really preparing for guild battles.

          But then when I got to level 35 and had the PVP set (which most people usually do), I started to slow-level, following this guide of yours.

          As of this typing, I am at level 39, my class is a knight, BR is 15764. And I'm a free player.

          Thank you very much for this guide, it really helps.

          Another thing, which should I go for, lv40 legend set or lv45 pvp set? I've read numerous posts that legend sets always better than pvp sets. And I don't mind how long it would take me, I just want to get some opinions.

          Thanks again.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Kurumi_Tokisaki View Post
            Hello.

            I'm playing at S209. I started like around the second day after the server opened.
            Since the server is still new around that time, I planned to reach level 35 as soon as possible since people are really preparing for guild battles.

            But then when I got to level 35 and had the PVP set (which most people usually do), I started to slow-level, following this guide of yours.

            As of this typing, I am at level 39, my class is a knight, BR is 15764. And I'm a free player.

            Thank you very much for this guide, it really helps.

            Another thing, which should I go for, lv40 legend set or lv45 pvp set? I've read numerous posts that legend sets always better than pvp sets. And I don't mind how long it would take me, I just want to get some opinions.

            Thanks again.
            Firslty - I'm glad this guide was able to help you.

            Secondly - The 40 Legend is considerably stronger than the 45 PvP set. This is due to the faster rage gain and also the higher level of enchants available, thus pushing your armours stats up.

            However it is a lot more difficult to obtain. This will be magnified because you're on a new server and there will be less capable peeps to help you run the required NM dungeons to get legend stones. I'm also fairly certain you won't have a guild that's of a high enough level to allow you to purchase the legend stones from the guild shop either.

            Personally - I use the 45 set. It's allowed me to be plenty over powered enough.
            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
            You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
            Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

            Comment


            • 30/30 in group arena today

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Quickpick View Post
                30/30 in group arena today
                Haha! Awesome!

                Prize Fighter title will soon be yours!
                Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Kurumi_Tokisaki View Post
                  Hello.

                  I'm playing at S209. I started like around the second day after the server opened.
                  Since the server is still new around that time, I planned to reach level 35 as soon as possible since people are really preparing for guild battles.

                  But then when I got to level 35 and had the PVP set (which most people usually do), I started to slow-level, following this guide of yours.

                  As of this typing, I am at level 39, my class is a knight, BR is 15764. And I'm a free player.

                  Thank you very much for this guide, it really helps.

                  Another thing, which should I go for, lv40 legend set or lv45 pvp set? I've read numerous posts that legend sets always better than pvp sets. And I don't mind how long it would take me, I just want to get some opinions.

                  Thanks again.
                  You said that you are a free player, and if you do not really mind how long it would take, then take get the legend 40 set.
                  Why? Well, since you are just a free player, you may want to get the most out of the games. Getting legend 40 as soon as you start is a good experience (cause i see in my server strong players who try to complete legend 40 set even though they already have legend 50 set... Maybe for fun? Or they want to complete everything?)

                  Another thing is that legend 40 set will be very useful and fun to use in God NM... Plus, if you will do bg while your are level 49, you will retain more hp after battles (you are a knight, you say)

                  Now, as Ginger said, it will be difficult to get it... Now, let me give you tips that i have done if you still want to complete the set:
                  1. Since you are a slow leveler and a free player, there will always be stronger players than you. Try to ask for help to them. Tell in guild chat or world chat that you need help in Void NM, only until 2nd boss... If possible, try to have a friend with the same idea as you, so you can go together, and leave together after defeating the 2nd boss Gurna..

                  2. Try to the the #1 tip only on the first 2 attempts... On the last attempt, you can join any Void NM, and after defeating the second boss, tell your teammates that you want to leave, but invite you again to the dungeon after you leave.. By this, you can lose your attempt, and when you do the final boss, then you get no exp.

                  3. If you think you are strong enough to solo Void NM, do so, until the second boss only... This take very long, since you are a knight... Mage have easier time with mobs...

                  4. For event quest which requires you finish mpd dungeons, don't worry about it... Just complete nether forest(s) after you have used all your attempts... It will still count.

                  You know, i started playing knight now, and this is what i do..
                  If you think you are smart, then you are at the height of your stupidity.
                  -quoted from R.K.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BlueEarth View Post
                    You said that you are a free player, and if you do not really mind how long it would take, then take get the legend 40 set.
                    Why? Well, since you are just a free player, you may want to get the most out of the games. Getting legend 40 as soon as you start is a good experience (cause i see in my server strong players who try to complete legend 40 set even though they already have legend 50 set... Maybe for fun? Or they want to complete everything?)

                    Another thing is that legend 40 set will be very useful and fun to use in God NM... Plus, if you will do bg while your are level 49, you will retain more hp after battles (you are a knight, you say)

                    Now, as Ginger said, it will be difficult to get it... Now, let me give you tips that i have done if you still want to complete the set:
                    1. Since you are a slow leveler and a free player, there will always be stronger players than you. Try to ask for help to them. Tell in guild chat or world chat that you need help in Void NM, only until 2nd boss... If possible, try to have a friend with the same idea as you, so you can go together, and leave together after defeating the 2nd boss Gurna..

                    2. Try to the the #1 tip only on the first 2 attempts... On the last attempt, you can join any Void NM, and after defeating the second boss, tell your teammates that you want to leave, but invite you again to the dungeon after you leave.. By this, you can lose your attempt, and when you do the final boss, then you get no exp.

                    3. If you think you are strong enough to solo Void NM, do so, until the second boss only... This take very long, since you are a knight... Mage have easier time with mobs...

                    4. For event quest which requires you finish mpd dungeons, don't worry about it... Just complete nether forest(s) after you have used all your attempts... It will still count.

                    You know, i started playing knight now, and this is what i do..

                    Thank you for your tips. Since I'm a relatively new player, may I ask why your #1 tip says that I could leave after defeating 2nd boss? Sorry for the noobish question.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Kurumi_Tokisaki View Post
                      Thank you for your tips. Since I'm a relatively new player, may I ask why your #1 tip says that I could leave after defeating 2nd boss? Sorry for the noobish question.
                      For last boss, you're going to need proper teams or at least 2 level 50+. You can do it more comfortably once you complete leg set and only making rings/jewels legendary.
                      There is no incentive doing the last boss on NM, there's only card draw and xp is same as regular dungeon xp.
                      Last edited by laba-laba; 05-14-2013, 04:07 AM.
                      [morfinnor]
                      Temple of Ibalize

                      Comment


                      • So For the lynxy snowcat mount - you can enter the spire.

                        Make a party just for yourself. select the spire and enter.

                        It takes you to a small level with the start guy at the far end. But it doesn't matter you have entered the spire and completed your quest for your ancient chest...
                        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Kurumi_Tokisaki View Post
                          Thank you for your tips. Since I'm a relatively new player, may I ask why your #1 tip says that I could leave after defeating 2nd boss? Sorry for the noobish question.
                          If you try to defeat the last boss at Void NM, you will gain a huge amount of exp (200k exp, and this does NOT include the world prosperity)... So you only want the legend stones and the crystaloids, not the exp.. So do only until the 2nd boss, which gives legend stones, crystaloids and a little exp...

                          If you're an evil person (lol), and no one wants to help you, then join any Void NM team, and after you defeat the 2nd boss, just leave (don't ever say thanks)... They will be ****** off to you, but it doesn't matter, cause you are evil, hehehehe.. 3:-)

                          But you know, if you are just powerful enough, probably at level 47, you can solo your first 2 attempts, and no one will hate you for leaving after defeating second boss... Your last mpd attempt, just join any team, then after you defeat the 2nd boss, tell your teammates that you will leave (if they asked for reasons, tell them you need to harvest your farm), and invite you again after you leave.. By this method, you will lose your last attempt, thus you will gain no exp if you defeat the final boss.
                          If you think you are smart, then you are at the height of your stupidity.
                          -quoted from R.K.

                          Comment


                          • but sometimes to be stuck on the same level for a few days gets booring ya know

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Khuptong_crusade View Post
                              but sometimes to be stuck on the same level for a few days gets booring ya know
                              True, let alone if you're at the same level for 6+ weeks...
                              I've had moments I was utterly, insanely bored, and wanted to rush to whatever level. But then I imagined all the power I'd lose by speeding up my leveling, and how "average" I would become. That put me straight back on to the slow leveling track without having second thoughts

                              That's why it's important to set mini-goals for yourself throughout a level. Don't just set big goals like "50K BR before level 55!" or "Complete lvl 100 of the Catacombs before level 40!", but also smaller goals like "I want to gain 1K BR this level." or "I want to convert 4 of my 8 level 4 X gems to level 6" or "I want to level two golden astrals this level"...

                              Comment


                              • Awesome thread, thanks. I'm currently at level 49 (96% lol ) trying to get stronger before I hit 50.... Someone mentioned a tip for the vip wheel but never said what it was?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X