Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ginger or Creamy... as a player who prefers the rage that comes with the 35, 45, 55 sets.. is there any scenario where I do need level 50 or 60 gear? I know about how the legendary can make level 50 nearly +10 levels better. But if I would rather have that rage... well what do you suggest?

I'm an archer. My main is currently at 54 and I'm working on fully enchanting and refining (the latter going terribly so far) the 55 gear. I have one of two level 40 legend rings, working on the other. And with my level 50 jewelry, I'm close to having one of those legend... I just don't have the crypt tokens for level 50 rings and won't for some time. And I had the level 40 legend stones anyway.

Comment

• Well there are incredibly good players with the PvP sets. So even though the PvE (leg) sets are better (though some people are still debating that), it's not a necessity to be strong.
      You can always invest in clothing to get some starting rage, and then go for the PvE set? But, if you want 30 starting rage with a PvE set, you'll have to have three pieces of level 4 clothing. Which is quite an investment.
      Last edited by CreamySaucepan; 06-11-2013, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• @Creamy: There are 'incredibly rich' or 'heavily time invested' players with PvP sets screaming they are better.

But in seriousness, if you can't hold your own fighting against people wearing PvE sets, then just collect them for now and use them later. Unless your multiplers are so low compared to the one wearing PvP set (if you know who I'm mentioning), chances are you're going to win if you have your PvE set on.
        The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

• Originally posted by R29998503 View Post
          Ginger or Creamy... as a player who prefers the rage that comes with the 35, 45, 55 sets.. is there any scenario where I do need level 50 or 60 gear? I know about how the legendary can make level 50 nearly +10 levels better. But if I would rather have that rage... well what do you suggest?

I'm an archer. My main is currently at 54 and I'm working on fully enchanting and refining (the latter going terribly so far) the 55 gear. I have one of two level 40 legend rings, working on the other. And with my level 50 jewelry, I'm close to having one of those legend... I just don't have the crypt tokens for level 50 rings and won't for some time. And I had the level 40 legend stones anyway.
          As Creamy said, although the PvE sets are better overall (in our opinion), you can still be extremely strong in a PvP set.

The starting rage is nice I'll grant you - but as an archer - you get 5 rage per crit? Arrow Strike gives you 5 rage, and then an additional +10 rage per action from the PvE set is 20 rage in round 1. If you have a basic set of level 1 clothes (Hat, armour and weapon - quite easy even for a non casher with the current monthly event rewards) that gives you 35 rage to play with in round 2.

I'd say that was quite comparable to a PvP set for the first 2 rounds. After that the PvE set rules.
          Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
          You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
          Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

• And what is the best class to do this? Im guessing archer because WB?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zampok View Post
              And what is the best class to do this? Im guessing archer because WB?
              All the classes have their own specialities.

While I believe it's true that the archer has a class advantage at the WB, it's not so great as to put them beyond reach in my opinion.

If I were to start again - I'd still chose mage.
              You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Zampok View Post
                And what is the best class to do this? Im guessing archer because WB?
                Which class is best is a long lasting, and never ending discussion. Sure, Archers rule on WB, but that's hardly all of the game, is it? I've seen insanely strong, seemingly unbeatable characters of any class. Thing is the classes balance each other out. A good build is more important than the type of class, imo.

Just try it out. If you don't like archer, try knight. If you don't like knight, try mage. The tips in this guide aren't class specific, so you should be able to apply them to any class.

Comment

• Thanks. I have some level 2 clothing, no wings. Starting rage is about 58 right now. Or 53. I feel I really need the rage to be able to stand a chance against others in pvp. And in dungeons I'm able to scatter and deep freeze.

Comment

• hey creamy and ginger! What BR are you guys before moving on to 40?

Comment

• Originally posted by darrylim View Post
                      hey creamy and ginger! What BR are you guys before moving on to 40?
                      Moving on to 50, you mean. I'm currently sat at 42.7K at level 49

Comment

• Originally posted by darrylim View Post
                        hey creamy and ginger! What BR are you guys before moving on to 40?
                        I had 20k, Creamy had about 21k.

The 40 rings/jewels, extra astral and horse added (iirc) around 5k or so.

See Creamys post for where we are currently.

Comment

• Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                          I had 20k, Creamy had about 21k.

The 40 rings/jewels, extra astral and horse added (iirc) around 5k or so.

See Creamys post for where we are currently.
                          I had a bit over 22k, while another nutcase mage, Turambar, had, what, 30k, Ginger? Or something outlandishly close to that at any rate.
                          Fear the kitteh! Grey Mage - VaeVictis - S5 Not everyone who whoops your a s s is a heavy casher, quit lying to yourself..
                          When I politely ask you to stop spawn-camping, stay the feck off! I have a short temper.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreyKittehMage View Post
                            I had a bit over 22k, while another nutcase mage, Turambar, had, what, 30k, Ginger? Or something outlandishly close to that at any rate.
                            Something silly like that yes... *damn him*

Comment

• Hey Ginger, Creamy. Thought's on the new BattleGround brackets? seem's to have f$#**** up my chance's of getting elite crusader at 49 with the 45-54 bracket. Currently reached 33k br at 49 with knight crusader. Now im considering just leveling to 50 to get 50 pve set etc and rebuilding from there, can i ask what you both are planning to do?

Comment

• Ginger and I will be leveling to 50 in about a week. Haven't faced a 45-54 bracket myself just yet, but it can pose a challenge for a slow leveler. Though less of a hell than for the normal leveler. *evil chuckle*

Comment

Working...
                                X