Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by R29254177 View Post
    I am a non-casher player. no wings no balens etc etc...I just got 2 clothing from events...I was shocked to find a couple of people hit 32k before 45...am actually still on my lvl 35 gear..am itching to lvl to 45 to get new gear...is +- 30k br before 45 good enough?I am aiming for that now...but haven't hit 30k yet...still on 29k something...
    another question is is it really true that lvl 40 or lvl 50 gear better than 45 and 55 sets? I have them all (the pvp sets) but hearing rumours about 40 and 50 sets...
    30k in the early to mid 40's is good. That's roughly where Creamy & I gained 30k BR.

I would say that the basic 40 or 50 sets are about on par with their counter PvP sets. However, they really excell in a prolonged fight and especially so if you make them Legendary.
    Last edited by GingerTheHutt; 08-10-2013, 05:24 AM.
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

• creamy
      glad to meet u in the arena
      spell

Comment

• Originally posted by R213950879 View Post
        creamy
        glad to meet u in the arena
        spell
        Haha! And you! ^_^

Comment

• Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
          30k in the early to mid 40's is good. That's roughly where Creamy & I gained 30k BR.

I would say that the basic 40 or 50 sets are about on par with their counter PvP sets. However, they really excell in a prolonged fight and especially so if you make them Legendary.
          so you would say lvl 40 leg sets would be better than lvl 45 sets? I got the all lvl 45sets all max enchanted but if you do say so it is so tempting to do lvl 40 sets legendary...this is also a question for lvl 50...what do you think? since my atk is not too high...am only in 8.2k almost 8.3k atk...well def is quite unbalanced: pdef 7.2k-ish, mdef is 5.7k-ish..yes, I am a knight...right now I am hoidin up to do a lil bit of my guild skills as I am collecting honor for knight cru...actually in progress to collect resources for making lvl 40 jewelry and ring sets to legendary but it's been hold up since I stop lvlin..could you please give me advice on this ginger? thank you so much...

Comment

so you would say lvl 40 leg sets would be better than lvl 45 sets?
            Originally posted by R29254177 View Post
            this is also a question for lvl 50...what do you think?
            in my personal opinion yes.

The Legend set misses out on starting rage and def negation. It makes up for this with higher stats, additional damage and higher rage generation.

The starting rage can be countered with clothes.

In a fight comprising of 1 or 2 rounds, the arena sets are probably better. After that the Legend sets are always preferable.

since my atk is not too high...am only in 8.2k almost 8.3k atk...well def is quite unbalanced: pdef 7.2k-ish, mdef is 5.7k-ish..yes, I am a knight...right now I am hoidin up to do a lil bit of my guild skills as I am collecting honor for knight cru...actually in progress to collect resources for making lvl 40 jewelry and ring sets to legendary but it's been hold up since I stop lvlin..could you please give me advice on this ginger? thank you so much...
            Aside from what's in this guide, or you spending money - my advice beyond either is quite limited.
            You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P

Comment

in my personal opinion yes.

The Legend set misses out on starting rage and def negation. It makes up for this with higher stats, additional damage and higher rage generation.

The starting rage can be countered with clothes.
              What I am confused about is how the +damage on pve sets would cover the hole the def negation pvp sets give...if it's related to the atk, or any other stats I just wanna know that's why I dropped my stats in case you could give me advice on it..is it gonna cover that def negation on my case cos my patk is not too high. and well yes, we all need rage...at least i know it would be worth to try making lvl40 sets eventho I'm almost hitting my mid 40's..thank you so much...

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
              In a fight comprising of 1 or 2 rounds, the arena sets are probably better. After that the Legend sets are always preferable.
              why?confused about this..sorry.. ;w;

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
              Aside from what's in this guide, or you spending money - my advice beyond either is quite limited.
              no, I didn't spend any money.. pure non-casher so no money involved..I got 2 clothing from events so those are free...I have no wings either...
              and thank you so much for replying my confusing question ginger...QwQ
              Last edited by R29254177; 08-10-2013, 11:09 AM.

Comment

What I am confused about is how the +damage on pve sets would cover the hole the def negation pvp sets give...if it's related to the atk, or any other stats I just wanna know that's why I dropped my stats in case you could give me advice on it..is it gonna cover that def negation on my case cos my patk is not too high. and well yes, we all need rage...at least i know it would be worth to try making lvl40 sets eventho I'm almost hitting my mid 40's
                The Legend sets have higher stats and a damage bonus. It's a combo of the two that make them very good. The additional rage just adds to the party.

The commonly accepted equation for working out damage is: (player1attack - player2def) / 2 = Damage dealt

so lets put some numbers to it as an example:

Player 1 has the PvP set:
                8k att
                1500 def negation.

Player 2
                6k def

so: (8000-(6000-1500))/2= 1750

Player 1 has the PvE Legend set:
                9k att
                300 extra damage

Player 2
                6k def

so: (9000-6000)/2= 1500 + 300 = 1800

why?confused about this..sorry.. ;w;so:
                A PvP set gains at maximum (as a mage), using a lightning bolt is 8 rage.
                A PvE set casting the same skill gains 18.

Initially in a fight - the PvP set has the upper hand (30 starting rage), as they can uses skills instantly. The PvE set has to build the rage before skills can be used.

However - in round 2, the PvP set has little or no rage left, so back to basic rage building. The PvE set in many cases is able to use a non basic skill at point. A mage could cast RoF for example.

In round 3: the PvP set is still floundering for rage. The PvE set still has it's earnt rage and can probably use another non basic skill.

as the fight progress's beyond 1 or 2 turns, the PvE set has the upperhand due to a higher rage regeneration capability.

no, I didn't spend any money.. pure non-casher so no money involved..I got 2 clothing from events so those are free...I have no wings either...
                and thank you so much for replying my confusing question ginger...QwQ
                np.

Comment

• Originally posted by anichaos View Post
                  I tried this for 2 days... it didn't work.

Did not receive any chest.

I close browser just as Failure appears. (or did I close too quickly?)
                  didnt work?????you checked your inventory???its suposed to be there unles this no longer can be done

Comment

I tried this for 2 days... it didn't work.

Did not receive any chest.

I close browser just as Failure appears. (or did I close too quickly?)
                    Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                    didnt work?????you checked your inventory???its suposed to be there unles this no longer can be done
                    It didn't work for me. I went in solo and completed 2 boss's, 1/2 mil xp gained and 2 chests.

Comment

• Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                      With all the talk on the forums about it... I'm not surprised they removed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
                        With all the talk on the forums about it... I'm not surprised they removed it.
                        nope tested it and it still is however it didnt come at mail it came at inventory

Comment

• Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                          nope tested it and it still is however it didnt come at mail it came at inventory
                          How long did you wait after you see Failure before closing browser?

Cause I closed like in under 1.5 sec after I see Failure pop up on screen. (cause I am not sure at what time will it give you the EXP)

Comment

How long did you wait after you see Failure before closing browser?

Cause I closed like in under 1.5 sec after I see Failure pop up on screen. (cause I am not sure at what time will it give you the EXP)
                            the moment i saw failure closed it when i entered back my spire chests were waiting on inventory
                            also if you didnt get spire chests at all then it gotta be an bug cause once you start fighting the stages even if you close and enter hours later you shud get chests either way so it could be an bug??

Comment

• No idea... but it seems some of us can't get the chest.

I relog after waiting for 5 mins after I closed browser...
                              Did I want too long?

/confused

o well, it's not worth the risk really (especially for slow levelers)

Tho I am thinking of maybe some sort of exploit where you get another person (or alt) to enter into Spire with you than close your main's browser/tab/window just before the boss wipes out everyone.
                              Than let the other person (or alt) go through normal Failure confirmation or something.

Not sure if that'll work tho... since I don't have an alt... maybe I should go level one up, lol.

Edit:

Actually... basing on this Wiki...
                              Afterwards you get rewards based on your performance. Each boss killed will give 300,000 Experience and 1 Spire Chest
                              I think you actually need to kill the boss and get the "Victory" sign pop up than close browser to get the Chest...
                              Last edited by anichaos; 08-10-2013, 11:29 PM.

Comment

A PvP set gains at maximum (as a mage), using a lightning bolt is 8 rage.
                                A PvE set casting the same skill gains 18.

Initially in a fight - the PvP set has the upper hand (30 starting rage), as they can uses skills instantly. The PvE set has to build the rage before skills can be used.

However - in round 2, the PvP set has little or no rage left, so back to basic rage building. The PvE set in many cases is able to use a non basic skill at point. A mage could cast RoF for example.

In round 3: the PvP set is still floundering for rage. The PvE set still has it's earnt rage and can probably use another non basic skill.

as the fight progress's beyond 1 or 2 turns, the PvE set has the upperhand due to a higher rage regeneration capability.
                                Yes. E.g., if you have 15 starting rage from clothes, in PvE, with maxed heart of fire, for general arena or battleground:
                                R1: rune (brutality or blood depending on situation). +10 rage: 25
                                R2: Rain of Fire. 3 targets, so +6 rage: 31. This happens before a knight's agoran shield as opening move.
                                R3: Meteoric destroyer or Suntoria, depending on situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X