Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad to leave a post here, Ginger (although you may not know me. lol)

Comment

• Originally posted by Csharp View Post
      I'm ashamed of my character sir so I didn't post it on my first post, but realize I wanna learn so here goes sir;

Waiting for your advice. Thank you.
      OK excellent starting point. Knowing that you're not the strongest and that others may be able to help is very good.

So the good news is, we can help.

The bad news is, the help we offer is not an instant fix, nor will it be an easy path.

Also, the help we offer is more like an advice service. What we say, is simply advice and for you to take away to understand, interpret, evaluate and ultimately decide whether it's right for you or not.

Originally posted by Csharp View Post
      Greetings!

I've made a new toon on a new server and sadly I've been aimlessly leveling w/o a goal and direction, but my new friend gave me inspiration when he told me to slow level and get the title CRUSADER and get the Royal Steed mount(which I rush and peek in the arena shop to see the mount and the medallion, and I got star struck by those sweet beautiful things LOL). I currently stopped at level 37 with 42% on my experience bar, I've been trying to rush to 40 to get the free items on the "All balenors will rejoice part IV!" event, that I don't even know what can I get from it and thinking that it's worth to sacrifice my slow leveling pace. I will really appreciate it if someone can tell me what are the given prizes for this event.
      'Rushing' to 40 isn't that bad an idea. Especially on a new server, with the new server rewards. the level 40 rewards are items toward the legendary level 40 set. so this is good.

However if you intend to slow level and build your strength, level rushing beyond 40, may seriously hinder your capability to complete dungeons without heavy casher help.

That being said, I want to know if I can possibly get the title w/o sacrificing the carting, my strategy atm is to kill frenzy on every BG I attend in the 30-39 bracket, and then when I reach level 40 I'll concentrate on my carting. But thinking about the pros and cons with this strategy is adding my confusion and second thoughts if I want to pursue the slow pace or not . What would you do if you're in my position, cause I want to gain good amounts of honor and at the same time gain at least 1 BG chest a day(considering I can only 2 BG's cause of real life). And is there a replacement on how can I get gems if I don't farm BG chest and choose to gain the title as fast I can?.
      I would cart in one BG and honour farm in the second given this scenario. You have to balance out your gem requirements and your honour requirements.

Bear in mind that once you get crusader, you can lose honour, and if your BR is not up to the task of defending an honour rank... you will lose big.

And would I be able to fill the lost of leg stones and loids from the "All balenors will rejoice part IV" on my 40s? I really want the shiny golden leg set .

I'm open for any advice and criticism cause I know it'll help me a lot and improve my battle prowess and at the same time learn some tricks from you guys. I admire you all in this thread! XD. . Thank you.
      If you fast level: Generally: You get absolute strength quicker. However, you'll be weaker for your level.
      If you slow level: Generally: you gain slower, but there's fewer who can beat you.

Given that if you go fast you'll get the rewards anyway, I would level to 40, collect the rewards and then super slow down.

Originally posted by R238801493 View Post
      Glad to leave a post here, Ginger (although you may not know me. lol)
      I can't claim to recognise your account name off hand...
      Last edited by GingerTheHutt; 12-04-2013, 06:25 AM.
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
      Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

• OK excellent starting point. Knowing that you're not the strongest and that others may be able to help is very good.

So the good news is, we can help.

The bad news is, the help we offer is not an instant fix, nor will it be an easy path.

Also, the help we offer is more like an advice service. What we say, is simply advice and for you to take away to understand, interpret, evaluate and ultimately decide whether it's right for you or not.
        Yes sir, I'll do my best to understand and evaluate on the advice you'll give me.

'Rushing' to 40 isn't that bad an idea. Especially on a new server, with the new server rewards. the level 40 rewards are items toward the legendary level 40 set. so this is good.

However if you intend to slow level and build your strength, level rushing beyond 40, may seriously hinder your capability to complete dungeons without heavy casher help.
        I've decided to stay at the 35+ sir to build my BR and gain as much honor before wandering in the 40+ bracket.

I would cart in one BG and honour farm in the second given this scenario. You have to balance out your gem requirements and your honour requirements.

Bear in mind that once you get crusader, you can lose honour, and if your BR is not up to the task of defending an honour rank... you will lose big.
        Yes sir I've made up my mind to get the crusader title before level 40 because of the mount and the medallion. I would really want an advice about this sir, on how much honor would I lose if I get killed in BG in the 40s(sadly I will be bully until I can get the 40 leg set.) How would you deal with this situation sir?

Thank you for a very good guidance sir.
        Last edited by Csharp; 12-04-2013, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Csharp View Post
          I've decided to stay at the 35+ sir to build my BR and gain as much honor before wandering in the 40+ bracket.
          Good luck with your plan! I hope it works out well for you.

Yes sir I've made up my mind to get the crusader title before level 40 because of the mount and the medallion. I would really want an advice about this sir, on how much honor would I lose if I get killed in BG in the 40s(sadly I will be bully until I can get the 40 leg set.) How would you deal with this situation sir?

Thank you for a very good guidance sir.
          Honour loss and gain is based on the absolute numerical honour totals of the two players involved. Honour rank has nothing to do with it, even though many players will tell you otherwise.

If both players have similar totals then it'll be lower total honour loss.

If there is a large numerical difference, then the loss will be larger.

The largest loss I have experienced or seen is -400. This took several more kills to recoup.

As for dealing with it. potentially, you'll be gaining 400 honour from people you kill. It's swings and roundabouts, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Losing stings, but you get over it. Just take it in the manner you'd expect from people you take large amounts of honour from, to behave.
          You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P

Comment

• If you really want my advice about the character at this point it would be that given how you are currently sitting at around 15k BR @ level 37 (and this isn't bad, it's just not epic either) it will be a bit hard to actually make Crusader before level 40 unless you slow down to a near absolute halt.

I would probably go to level 40 in order to start working on Void right away and be finished with your 40 set well before 45 and legendary well before 50. (You can probably easily make legendary before 45 too, though.)

If honor is what you are after I can simply tell you that a mage wearing a legendary pve set in the 40-49 BG is an absolute monster.

Edit, I'm a moron. Obviously you don't lose any honor at all before Crusader anyway. It's all up to you
            Last edited by MolochMage; 12-04-2013, 09:03 AM.
            [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
            [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• If you really want my advice about the character at this point it would be that given how you are currently sitting at around 15k BR @ level 37 (and this isn't bad, it's just not epic either) it will be a bit hard to actually make Crusader before level 40 unless you slow down to a near absolute halt.
              This is a plain stupidity coming from me sir, but I'll ask anyways. By "Absolute Halt" you mean less than 50k exp per day sir?

I would probably go to level 40 in order to start working on Void right away and be finished with your 40 set well before 45 and legendary well before 50. (You can probably easily make legendary before 45 too, though.)
              So after you and sir Ginger enlightened me bout my stupid and arrogant plan sir(which is to get the crusader title w/o considering of the honor lost per fight.), I came to another leveling pace which is go throttle till 40 and after reaching it, halt like there's infinite time that would even stop if I reach 40 XD .

I'll be updating my toon when I reach level 40 sir. This really helped me a lot with me decision making. Thank you sir!

Comment

• It's not a stupid or arrogant plan at all. It's certainly doable. Question is just how much time it will take and how fun you will have. Mind you as I said it was me being stupid since you can't lose honor before Crusader anyway.

However a mage in the pvp 35 set isn't half as fun to play as a mage in the pve 40 set.
                [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
                  It's not a stupid or arrogant plan at all. It's certainly doable. Question is just how much time it will take and how fun you will have. Mind you as I said it was me being stupid since you can't lose honor before Crusader anyway.

However a mage in the pvp 35 set isn't half as fun to play as a mage in the pve 40 set.
                  Nah you're not stupid sir, not at all. I realized sir that if I concentrate on killing in BG, I'll be sacrificing an insane amount of BG treasure chest w/i 3 weeks or so. I'll just do it on my 40s sir, halting my level as much as I can, I'll just cart and let the time give me my crusader title XD.

A question though. When did you get your crusader title sir?

Comment

• Not until like level 48 or so. As I said, I'm stupid

I didn't really start to follow the slow levelling regime until level 45 and then I made some huge mistakes concerning XP gains which lead me first to 50 (not by choice), then to 55 (not by choice either) and then to 60 (and that was most definitely not by choice.) But I'm doing pretty ok.

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• and then to lv 70....but i guess that wont be ur choice either
                      IGN: Frenzone
                      PLAYER TYPE: NON-CASHER AND NO VIP ( LOL )
                      LEVEL: 67
                      BATTLE RATING: 113k
                      CLASS TYPE: EWD MAGE

Comment

• Originally posted by Frenzone17 View Post
                        and then to lv 70....but i guess that wont be ur choice either
                        That one would most probably be by choice

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• Originally posted by Frenzone17 View Post
                          and then to lv 70....but i guess that wont be ur choice either
                          I lol'd!

Most of my levels of significance have been half forced. Like the game offering a mostly free mount for a load of XP, or getting bits for gear...

Comment

• whats the advantage of slow leveling other than being an lovely person at BG?

Guild Battle?
                            ill be more useless day after day

Will i gain more Gold Daru Kyanite daily?
                            no

more Gems daily?
                            no
                            Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 12-05-2013, 03:49 AM. Reason: watch your language
                            Level 49 Archer
                            BR 150k

Comment

• Originally posted by kevs926 View Post
                              whats the advantage of slow leveling other than being an lovely person at BG?
                              Easier MPD's, easier plunders, easier 3v3 arena, able to handle higher levels in GvG...

easier BG's too.
                              Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 12-05-2013, 03:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kevs926 View Post
                                whats the advantage of slow leveling other than being an lovely person at BG?
                                Being able to get Lord Divine without needing to get stunned by lovely people at BG?
                                Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 12-05-2013, 03:50 AM. Reason: language

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Working...
                                X