Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
    At some point this person will probably wander forth and conquer new worlds. Having 50k insignia when that time comes would be really awesome. I know I could use it right now
    What? Just take a dumper truck load of insignias and bury the new world in them?

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

• why would you wanna keep up with the #1 player? thats just stupid, unless you can actually spend some money for this game. Well i dunno why u keep saying leveling fast makes you weaker and wont be unable to get teams to do NM mpds. Regular leveling doesnt mean Mike or John (or whatever the name of those you are doing mpd runs with), wont do it with you anymore.

This guide is really for BG players or those who want that Lord Divine. Whether you like it or not, that's the only good thing this guide is good at.
      Last edited by kevs926; 12-05-2013, 08:44 AM.
      Level 49 Archer
      BR 150k

Comment

• Originally posted by kevs926 View Post
        why would you wanna keep up with the #1 player? thats just stupid, unless you can actually spend some money for this game. Well i dunno why u keep saying leveling fast makes you weaker and wont be unable to get teams to do NM mpds. Regular leveling doesnt mean Mike or John (or whatever the name of those you are doing mpd runs with), wont do it with you anymore.

This guide is really for BG players or those who want that Lord Divine. Whether you like it or not, that's the only good thing this guide is good at.
        Dude you're not getting the point at all. First of all this guide is made for players who wanna be strong in the long run, and not doing every damn thing without taking a stop and plan ahead on what to do next, cause by that time you will gain experience and polish your techniques to gain a higher amount of BR, meaning you wont be doing trial and error and making the same mistakes again and again!.

I presume you have your own way of playing, so if you're not interested in this guide at all, then you should just **** and get a life. I wont argue with you any longer.

Sir Ginger; Sorry for posting an unnecessary comment.

Comment

why would you wanna keep up with the #1 player? thats just stupid, unless you can actually spend some money for this game. Well i dunno why u keep saying leveling fast makes you weaker and wont be unable to get teams to do NM mpds. Regular leveling doesnt mean Mike or John (or whatever the name of those you are doing mpd runs with), wont do it with you anymore.

You're welcome to your opinion of this guide.

If you disagree with the ideas or advice handed out here, then please post further advice so the players asking have a more complete discussion to study from.

The ideas and techniques discussed in this thread have worked very well for me and my goals in game. I frequently get asked by other players how I am so strong. This thread is a result of those questions.
          You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P

Comment

• Originally posted by ancev View Post
            I slow levelled from 50 until I got Lord Divine at 59 (90 days total). Made enough insignias to make 60 set legendary and enough skeleton keys to finish 60 set as soon as I would hit 65 and do summoner.Maxed out academy+ almost maxed adv academy, made level 9 enlight, farmed 30+ crypt keys and a ton of bounty scrolls, XP books and other stuff(90 scrolls of 50% xp bonus for example) which allowed me to get to 64 with max talents in 1 month.
            Considering that I only donate for VIP and nothing else, I can say that being in top 30 BR in my server and one of the handfull of LDs is quite an achievement.
            I think it's too early for me to ask sir.... but slow leveling from 50 above will not hurt your HS?. I'll take a note for future reference sir. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Csharp View Post
              I think it's too early for me to ask sir.... but slow leveling from 50 above will not hurt your HS?. I'll take a note for future reference sir. Thank you.
              HS is limited up to level 62 to level 10. At 63, the limit on HS starts to rise.

Level 10 HS can be achieved at level 50.

So if you speed through to get HS level 10, for a few days, then you can slow level as much as you like through the remainder of the 50's.

Once you get past level 64, there are very valid counter discussions to the value of slow leveling, however this is all player opinion, so once you start to see those levels on the horizon, it's for you to make a decision on.

Comment

• Conclusion

i came here and asked what is the advantage of slow leveling other than being a BG monster.

then you answered:
                1. Easier MPD's
                out of all the MPD's you did from day1 of slow leveling up to now, tell me how +1 Armor +1 Endurance +10 Charisma per level makes that MPD harder.

2. easier plunders
                ok fine, it is easier cuz no need to move around maps, but not always better.

3. easier 3v3 arena
                i guess this is the only real answer to my question

4. able to handle higher levels in GvG...
                +1 Armor +1 Endurance +10 Charisma per level will handle those Heroes you are referring to easier.

5. easier BG's too.
                i asked other than BG
                Level 49 Archer
                BR 150k

Comment

Conclusion

i came here and asked what is the advantage of slow leveling other than being a BG monster.

then you answered:
                  1. Easier MPD's
                  out of all the MPD's you did from day1 of slow leveling up to now, tell me how +1 Armor +1 Endurance +10 Charisma per level makes that MPD harder.

2. easier plunders
                  ok fine, it is easier cuz no need to move around maps, but not always better.

3. easier 3v3 arena
                  i guess this is the only real answer to my question

4. able to handle higher levels in GvG...
                  +1 Armor +1 Endurance +10 Charisma per level will handle those Heroes you are referring to easier.

5. easier BG's too.
                  i asked other than BG
                  1. Slow leveling, gives you more time per level.

Thus you gain more resources per level. More gold. More Daru. More Kyanite. Most slow levelers have their academy maxed by level ~35. They'll also have higher level and better astrals.

The MPDS are set to a standard. If you and your MPD team all level rush, your BR's will not be high enough to complete the MPD.

The longer you slow level, the higher your BR gets. Thus MPD's are easier.

2. You'll be able to plunder people of a higher level than yourself. The higher level your target, the more Kyanite you get per plunder.

4. As described in point 1. Higher level & better quality Astrals, higher level Troop Enlightenment, higher level Stables, higher rank medallion & a maxed Academy are what beats a higher level player.

Comment

• a 2month old slow leveler can beat MPD 50-55 easier than a 2month old regular leveler?
                    a 2month old slow leveler can have better stables, academy, astrals, enlightenment than a 2month old regular leveler. Astrals alone give you more slots every 10 level, 1 slot astral is already an advantage.

and if the slow leveler faced the regular leveler in GB, who wins?
                    Last edited by kevs926; 12-05-2013, 10:24 AM.
                    Level 49 Archer
                    BR 150k

Comment

can you define regular leveler and play "normally"? coz spending cash is already not normal to me
                      or can you post images of your 2month old regular leveling character here before i answer who would win?
                      I Quit, if you wanna ask regarding to any of my thread or post, i wont answer you.
                      and do me a favor, downgrade my reputation. Im done.

Comment

• read the first 2 lines maybe.
                        Level 49 Archer
                        BR 150k

Comment

a 2month old slow leveler can beat MPD 50-55 easier than a 2month old regular leveler?
                          a 2month old slow leveler can have better stables, academy, astrals, enlightenment than a 2month old regular leveler. Astrals alone give you more slots every 10 level, 1 slot astral is already an advantage.

A 2 month old lvl 50, probably would not complete lvl 50 MPD.

A 10 month old slow leveling lvl 50 character probably would complete lvl 50 MPD.

The regular leveler has an advantage in that they have access to better gear. That said, chances are they probably won't have a complete set gear, nor the best gear they can have for their level.

Comment

• ok, 10month old slow leveler vs a 10 month old regular leveler then? who wins when they see each other in Guild Battle? who can deal more dmg in WB? who can finish cata easier? who can defeat a 50-55 MPD easier?

and if i am a guild master, who would i consider to be more helpful in GB?
                            Last edited by kevs926; 12-05-2013, 12:40 PM.
                            Level 49 Archer
                            BR 150k

Comment

• Thx ginger and creamy for sharing this guide. I'm a lv57 mage with BR56K (with academy boost), elite crusader (want to be LD before lv60). Been slow leveling since I reached lv55. Maxed talent. I made a mistake and didn't understand the potential of slow leveling. I even used exp scroll. How noob i was.

As of now, i can say i'm above average in my level bracket. During plundering, I can hit lv 60's players (normal leveler non-casher, fast leveler lite-casher.) During wb, I can hit harder than most of the lv60's players considering they also have stronger troops aiding them. THAT'S the power of slow leveling. All thanks to this guide.

I have a few questions here hoping anyone can give me some advice/suggestion.

1. Is it possible for me to reach 70K before lv60? How long do you think it'll take?

2. I have the netherwing dragon (tok), royal steed (arena shop), 4 more weeks to get the nightshade (pvp). Below are my stat. Can you tell me what I should focus on first? My current plan is to focus on all astral lv6, endurance lv10, then hurricane steed from guild shop. Is charisma important? On the other hand, I'm also working on lv50 PVE set. Buying 5 stones from guild shop everyday. Bought some loids during from hot market couple weeks ago. Going to GOD NM for first 2 bosses everyday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	astral.png
Views:	1
Size:	515.5 KB
ID:	1678227Click image for larger version

Name:	BR.png
Size:	358.6 KB
ID:	1678228Click image for larger version

Name:	GS.png
Size:	331.4 KB
ID:	1678229
                              Lv80 mage ╬ BR 276K (blessed) ╬ Lv60 PVE Legendary gear ╬ Lv70 Legendary ring set ╬ Lv80 Legendary jewel set ╬ uDrYUUlLEeM

Comment

ok, 10month old slow leveler vs a 10 month old regular leveler then? who wins when they see each other in Guild Battle? who can deal more dmg in WB? who can finish cata easier? who can defeat a 50-55 MPD easier?

and if i am a guild master, who would i consider to be more helpful in GB?
                                The answers to all of these comments are simple.

If two people put in the same amount of time and money into their character and build them with equal skill and the first does not care about levelling and the second does, the first will be at a higher level, deal more damage in world boss, finish catacombs easier and _probably_ defeat the second in Guild Battle. The "probably" is because this depends on how hard a slow level regime you follow. Obviously a person staying at the 30-39 bracket would have zero chance. A person focusing on levelling properly and staying "ahead of the game" but not limiting himself so harshly would give the regular leveller a run for his money because he would have more insignia, gain more Warrior's Marks and have a higher title.

As for who a guild master would consider to be more helpful in GB that is easy. The person that is stronger. In normal cases the higher level, then. But, and this is a big "but". Who would be more helpful for the guild?

The normal leveller would be a hindrance for his team in team arena. The slow leveller would be a help.

The normal leveller would be constantly asking for free rides in high level dungeons that he himself isn't cut out for. The slow leveller would be perfectly happy doing GoD NM since that would be his farming ground anyway (or possibly Moon, all depending on style, or even Void) and he would be the one carrying the party.

It's important for an active guild to have strong people in every level bracket that are not only able and willing to help out, but who also does so because it is in their best interest. I'm a level 64 with 77k BR. Are people happy when I join them for Team Arena? Would they be happier if I was a level 72 with 85k BR? I think the answer to that is fairly obvious.
                                [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
                                [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Working...
                                X