Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kevs926 View Post
    ok, 10month old slow leveler vs a 10 month old regular leveler then? who wins when they see each other in Guild Battle? who can deal more dmg in WB? who can finish cata easier? who can defeat a 50-55 MPD easier?

and if i am a guild master, who would i consider to be more helpful in GB?
    it has already been stated that this guide isn't for competing with your own server players but rather dominating your own level bracket across all servers. Being a slow leveler, it's much easier to get the LD med to buff you up, then slowly work your way up. it's a long term goal and we won't see it right away. To compete with players within server, you're absolutely right that normal users have the upper hand here. But normal users might not have as much insignia profit from pvp arena; and battleground shard/honors farming in battleground. If normal users don't do arena and bg, by all means, level as fast as you can. Imagine if you level too quickly and haven't had nightshade/icefang from pvp; you'll too weak to gain pvp points and you'll miss 2 mounts right there.
    Lv80 mage ╬ BR 276K (blessed) ╬ Lv60 PVE Legendary gear ╬ Lv70 Legendary ring set ╬ Lv80 Legendary jewel set ╬ uDrYUUlLEeM

Comment

• Originally posted by coldsw View Post
      Thx ginger and creamy for sharing this guide. I'm a lv57 mage with BR56K (with academy boost), elite crusader (want to be LD before lv60). Been slow leveling since I reached lv55. Maxed talent. I made a mistake and didn't understand the potential of slow leveling. I even used exp scroll. How noob i was.

As of now, i can say i'm above average in my level bracket. During plundering, I can hit lv 60's players (normal leveler non-casher, fast leveler lite-casher.) During wb, I can hit harder than most of the lv60's players considering they also have stronger troops aiding them. THAT'S the power of slow leveling. All thanks to this guide.

I have a few questions here hoping anyone can give me some advice/suggestion.

1. Is it possible for me to reach 70K before lv60? How long do you think it'll take?

2. I have the netherwing dragon (tok), royal steed (arena shop), 4 more weeks to get the nightshade (pvp). Below are my stat. Can you tell me what I should focus on first? My current plan is to focus on all astral lv6, endurance lv10, then hurricane steed from guild shop. Is charisma important? On the other hand, I'm also working on lv50 PVE set. Buying 5 stones from guild shop everyday. Bought some loids during from hot market couple weeks ago. Going to GOD NM for first 2 bosses everyday.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63847[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63848[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63849[/ATTACH]
      First of all, nice astral values for a level 57. Now first some random comments.

You have maxed INT and DEF and are working on maxing END. This should take priority over your astrals now. It will yield better rewards per coin.

You seem to forget the Strength skill entirely. My Strength is currently level 7 while my Charisma is 6. The Strength gives you 40 PDEF per upgrade. You haven't even learned level 1! It's a total bargain and you should get at least two levels of that BEFORE adding to your Endurance again.

As for 70k before 60, it's damn near impossible to say with the updates currently coming out. All I can say is that maxing the Strength attribute alone will give you 400*4=1600PATK and 400 PDEF so that's 2k battle rating (yes, I know that's "inflated", but as I clarified there is a good reason to add it.) Throw in a couple of mounts and stuff, pumping your sylph, who knows? The time frame? Beats me.
      [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
      [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• Important addition here.

I see that you run with the 55 PvP set. When you get the PvE 50 set finished equip it no matter if it's legended or not. After it is legended it will also boost your BR significantly and you will finally know how a mage is really meant to be played.

EDIT 2: If you can legend your PvE 50 staff before finishing your whole set do so and use it for WB. It will give you more WB income.
        [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
          First of all, nice astral values for a level 57. Now first some random comments.

You have maxed INT and DEF and are working on maxing END. This should take priority over your astrals now. It will yield better rewards per coin.

You seem to forget the Strength skill entirely. My Strength is currently level 7 while my Charisma is 6. The Strength gives you 40 PDEF per upgrade. You haven't even learned level 1! It's a total bargain and you should get at least two levels of that BEFORE adding to your Endurance again.

As for 70k before 60, it's damn near impossible to say with the updates currently coming out. All I can say is that maxing the Strength attribute alone will give you 400*4=1600PATK and 400 PDEF so that's 2k battle rating (yes, I know that's "inflated", but as I clarified there is a good reason to add it.) Throw in a couple of mounts and stuff, pumping your sylph, who knows? The time frame? Beats me.

Important addition here.

I see that you run with the 55 PvP set. When you get the PvE 50 set finished equip it no matter if it's legended or not. After it is legended it will also boost your BR significantly and you will finally know how a mage is really meant to be played.

EDIT 2: If you can legend your PvE 50 staff before finishing your whole set do so and use it for WB. It will give you more WB income.
          Hi Moloch, very thanks for your advice. as you said, strength only gives 400 true BR and i'll need to spend 39700000 gold to totally max the patk. I don't think it's worth it for now until i finished my goals at hand atm, correct? But I'll definitely get 2 levels up for patk as you suggested me.

I've already got some mounts from market. But I might give up getting mounts from now on because senior players used to get free mounts before I started playing this game.

And all the mounts from event force us to pay for them. It sounds like a rip off because of wartune's greed.

As per sylph, because I'm slow leveling, exp intake is tightly minimized. The biggest source to get exp is from arena and farm meditation and catacomb which i'm still doing in atm.

Assume I have the lv50 legendary weapon only. Is it worth it because i'll lose the ignore 2000 dmg from pvp set. I heard that wb doesn't have defense but i'm not sure. and I'll lose the initial rage (59) too.

last question (for now ^^ ), will I get weaker if i wear max enchanted the pve 50 set (not legend) comparing with max enchanted pvp set? tbh i can't wait to get the pve set because mage really needs the rage.

uploaded wb ranking that we just finished an hour ago. ^^

Click image for larger version

Name:	rank.png
Views:	1
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1678230
          all players in top 10 are lv60s except the person in rank6 and myself. The person in rank 6 has been slow leveling way before I started. Note that I was afk because of laggy computer.
          Last edited by coldsw; 12-05-2013, 02:31 PM.
          Lv80 mage ╬ BR 276K (blessed) ╬ Lv60 PVE Legendary gear ╬ Lv70 Legendary ring set ╬ Lv80 Legendary jewel set ╬ uDrYUUlLEeM

Comment

• The Pve 50 set regular has the same refine strengths as the PvP set. It has slightly less base stats. You will lose some damage and some armor, but the rage is worth it by a mile. Also consider that the pve 50 set is the first that you will really want to max out sockets on.

Edit. Having 3/4 of the PvP set will not cause you to lose rage.

About the strength skill. Think of it this way. You paid 10 million gold for the last Defense upgrade and that gave you 40*4=160 PDEF + 160 MDEF = total 320. One Strength gives you 40 pdef. That's 1/8 of the boost from Defense, so as long as you can stomach buying Defense 10 (and prioritize it above all but Intelligence) you should buy Strength as long as the upgrade doesn't cost more than 1.25 million. Of course eventually you will max it anyway.

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• Addition: Also a fully legended and socketed Pve 50 staff coupled with rest PvP armor is stronger for general use than pure PvP armor. Including Team Arena and Battlegrounds.

Name:	staff.jpg
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	1678234
              Last edited by MolochMage; 12-05-2013, 03:07 PM. Reason: View of staff

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

The answers to all of these comments are simple.

If two people put in the same amount of time and money into their character and build them with equal skill and the first does not care about levelling and the second does, the first will be at a higher level, deal more damage in world boss, finish catacombs easier and _probably_ defeat the second in Guild Battle. The "probably" is because this depends on how hard a slow level regime you follow. Obviously a person staying at the 30-39 bracket would have zero chance. A person focusing on levelling properly and staying "ahead of the game" but not limiting himself so harshly would give the regular leveller a run for his money because he would have more insignia, gain more Warrior's Marks and have a higher title.

As for who a guild master would consider to be more helpful in GB that is easy. The person that is stronger. In normal cases the higher level, then. But, and this is a big "but". Who would be more helpful for the guild?

The normal leveller would be a hindrance for his team in team arena. The slow leveller would be a help.

The normal leveller would be constantly asking for free rides in high level dungeons that he himself isn't cut out for. The slow leveller would be perfectly happy doing GoD NM since that would be his farming ground anyway (or possibly Moon, all depending on style, or even Void) and he would be the one carrying the party.

It's important for an active guild to have strong people in every level bracket that are not only able and willing to help out, but who also does so because it is in their best interest. I'm a level 64 with 77k BR. Are people happy when I join them for Team Arena? Would they be happier if I was a level 72 with 85k BR? I think the answer to that is fairly obvious.
                thanks alot. that is a very helpful reply. You told more info than any other replies, like the Arena stuff. Problem is Arena is a cross server thing. Cross server stuff arent my kind of thing. Although i still dont get why a level 60 should be forced to do 60, are level 60s not allowed to farm 50 NM? if a slow leveler would do X months of farming 50 nm, cant a regular leveler do the same, if there are no free rides? are we not allowed to equip sets that are 10 or 20 levels below them? im planning to spend $0 and if 60/50 items are the best gears i can get if i reach level 70, then so be it.
                Level 49 Archer
                BR 150k

Comment

• Obviously. It's not like you're forbidden to do Void NM or Moon NM when you're level 70.

One of the final problems that I did not mention though are that you need a lot of insignia to make legendary armor. A LOT of insignia. Legendary 50, four pieces, costs 16000 insignia. Legendary 60, 48000 insignia. The slow leveller will have it FAR easier getting hold of those. When I think about it, I believe it is very likely that if we take these two players and give them both 10 months to play, at the end the slow leveller will end up with a much better armor, which would translate to a higher battle rating. In this case the only thing the higher level would have on the lower level would be stun, an additional astral slot, and possibly better gems if the slow leveller finds himself needing to slow down on Catacombs.

Apart from that the lower level player would have easier time gaining kyanite from plunder, and would himself be plundered far less often and less successfully.

There is no denying that a person committed to something as extreme as the 30-39 bracket is making a "for fun" character in the sense that he is simply interested in dominating that bracket. There's nothing wrong with that, all characters are for fun, this is a game. However for the reasons I stated above I think it would benefit any player apart from perhaps super heavy cashers not to rush level. If you are not interested in cross-server events I have to point out to you that these are an absolute necessity to be strong on your own server as well, in Guild Battle and the likes.

Best, Thomas

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• So with the new update my time management is messed up . Do you think is it worth it to sacrifice 1 GB for the Double gain in the Amethyst mine? Cause they have the same time slot which it starts at 21:00 PST, same time as the GB opens, and this is the only time of the day I can do this one GB.

Comment

• Definitely not worth it especially with the incredible lag we are experiencing during Gold Rush not to mention getting hammered endlessly by level 70+ people.

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• Originally posted by Csharp View Post
                        So with the new update my time management is messed up . Do you think is it worth it to sacrifice 1 GB for the Double gain in the Amethyst mine? Cause they have the same time slot which it starts at 21:00 PST, same time as the GB opens, and this is the only time of the day I can do this one GB.
                        it takes you 2 mins to cart and then you can join BG.
                        IGN: AncientEvil
                        Server: EU-271+merged
                        Class: Archer
                        Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

• Originally posted by ancev View Post
                          it takes you 2 mins to cart and then you can join BG.
                          It does? It took me 25 minutes...

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

It does? It took me 25 minutes...
                            that's because you don't know how to use the map, just click NPC from the map list and you're there, doesn't matter how laggy it gets, you have auto-routing.
                            IGN: AncientEvil
                            Server: EU-271+merged
                            Class: Archer
                            Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

• Originally posted by ancev View Post
                              that's because you don't know how to use the map, just click NPC from the map list and you're there, doesn't matter how laggy it gets, you have auto-routing.
                              I know how the map works. I used the map and it still took me 25 minutes. It might have had something to do with me being attacked five times but that was not all. The character simply. does. not. move. very. fast. during. gold. rush.

But we are really getting off topic.

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• Got bored of being level 49 and leveled up
                                Guild skills weren't maxed but nothing was really holding me back anymore. I stayed 49 a little longer to get the pvp points I needed for nightshade and my honor was already maxed for a long time.
                                Used a private medal while I waited so I could start saving for level 50 shards.
                                * No clothing, wings, or VIP.

Name:	Ryan.png
Size:	391.4 KB
ID:	1678287

Comment

Working...
                                X