Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess both arguments are both reasonable and I've just made the decision to meet in the middle.

Before I turn 50 - I want to have:

- Get one more level on all my astrals
    - Get all relative guild skills to level 5 (strength & endurance..have def done already) and max out gold
    - Get all relative stats in academy to level 40
    - Acquire 10 million daru to give me some start on templar's.

I presume I'll get this done in less than 10 days and will hopefully do a better job between 50-54.
    Katrose - Level 43 - S552 - 28K BR

On 552 since 6/11/14.

Comment

• Horror, is going to 80 your final goal?
      If so, this guide is completely useless for you IN MY OPINION.
      Emphasized to prevent flames.

Comment

• Originally posted by winlord View Post
        Horror, is going to 80 your final goal?
        If so, this guide is completely useless for you IN MY OPINION.
        Emphasized to prevent flames.
        agreed.

But if you want LD medal, you can have it with the help of this guide.

Comment

• I've never really thought about my "final goal" but I honestly can't ever see myself reaching 80, so is that slightly irrelevant?

On 552 since 6/11/14.

Comment

• Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
            I don't think it is realistic at this point for him to gain 7k BR without levelling up even once, if he isn't willing to take the ultra-slow route and miss out on a lot of things (event mounts, etcetera.) I'd focus on a level where "this is where I will have my character somewhat fixed", "this is where I'll have it mostly fixed" and "this is where I'll be a demi-god".
            yep it is realistic. there's so much room for improvement for Horror1 and i assume he already missed out alot of things like you pointed out so i think losing events rewards is no longer factor here. 40-49 range is almost balance range among other ranges in my opnion, if you want to camp for 2.5 - 3weeks at 49 that might be the good choice but its up you. Slow leveling prepares you to your next step of your goal, if you dont have then make one at a time. there's always no rush coz what differs at level 80 is who spent, who prepares, and who's not in those two.
            I Quit, if you wanna ask regarding to any of my thread or post, i wont answer you.
            and do me a favor, downgrade my reputation. Im done.

Comment

• Well, I should hopefully be able to get the Reindeer Mount before the event ends without hitting 50 if that is in anyway relevant.

On 552 since 6/11/14.

Comment

• It will take more than 2-3 weeks for Horror1 to become a real force in the 40-49.

His honor is 8k. He doesn't need to care about losing honor anyway.

I think the best, smartest and fastest way for him to have any fun in the game would be to upgrade to 50 and get to hard work on the 50 gear. By 58 or so, given proper instructions, he should be a solid contender. Wasting resources on the 40 gear right now seems futile.

I know this is sort of "against the spirit of the thread" but if you present me a certain character at a certain level I have to make a call as to what it can realistically accomplish and I think that he will have a lot more fun applying the strategies laid out for him in the 50-59 bracket.
                [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
                [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• So, the sooner I get to 50 the better?

On 552 since 6/11/14.

Comment

• No need to rush it and no need to avoid it. Make every xp count for something meaningful. But you shouldn't stall just for the sake of it. Your character won't benefit.
                    [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• Alright, well - what I had intended on doing was just have cata as my source of exp income so I'm not losing out on any crypt tokens or socks by stalling

On 552 since 6/11/14.

Comment

• It's really simple, actually. How to make the most of the way you get there. Cata, yes. Solo blitz for stuff, yes. Maximized ennoblement, yes. Spire, no. Tok, no (this changes when you get a bit higher.) All the event quests that give you collectibles, yes. If you follow that regime you wll not advance faster than you will be able to take care of. Max out your daily plunders everyday. Kyanite is a must. Your farm should be planted with 8x gold 1x kyanite unless you get something really juicy off blessing. Pump all your guild skills. Etcetera. You'll be fine.

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• Yeah, I know.
                          I guess it's just common sense what to and not to do.

On 552 since 6/11/14.

Comment

• Before i completely give up on slow leveling, you guys might have something more to add, that i havent know yet.

Right now, there's just no way i can advance above crusader rank, or win 5+ arena matches. There are so many slow leveler's from another server, that your only way to win is fight someone from your own servers. Since we get 0 new servers, we got 0 potential food. Something needs to be done with it first. At least remove that friggin honor loss and fix arena matchmaking.

So what could still be the advantage of slow leveling for me?
                            some stuff to consider
                            slow vs not slow, who will have more?
                            Total BR - not slow
                            MPD runs - same
                            Crypt Tokens - not slow
                            BR from Gears - same
                            Levels of Skills/Talents/Runes - not slow
                            Astral Slots - not slow
                            Exp - not slow
                            Gold - not slow
                            Daru - not slow
                            Kyanite - same
                            Kyanite from plunders - not slow, thanks to guild arranged plunders
                            Plunder safety - not slow, cuz they stronger and will stay at murken forest
                            levels on Buildings/Academy skills - not slow
                            Insignias - same
                            Battleground shards - depends on luck
                            Honor/Medals - depends on luck
                            Solo Arena Rewards - not slow
                            Sylphs - not slow
                            Cross Server Points - impossible!
                            anything i miss?

Comment

• I must say your list is heavily biased. If you think you have it bad now with honor or medals and say "it depends on luck", well, try to level FAST on a new server and then throw yourself into a 60-69 BG and tell me what you think. Could go through it all but too time consuming.

Also it's a bit hard to give any constructive advice without you posting your toon and so on; from there we can give you pointers on what to work on. We don't know your level, your BR, your gear, your skills, your astrals...

Best, Thomas

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
                                Before i completely give up on slow leveling, you guys might have something more to add, that i havent know yet.

Right now, there's just no way i can advance above crusader rank, or win 5+ arena matches. There are so many slow leveler's from another server, that your only way to win is fight someone from your own servers. Since we get 0 new servers, we got 0 potential food. Something needs to be done with it first. At least remove that friggin honor loss and fix arena matchmaking.

So what could still be the advantage of slow leveling for me?
                                some stuff to consider
                                slow vs not slow, who will have more?
                                Total BR - not slow
                                MPD runs - same
                                Crypt Tokens - not slow
                                BR from Gears - same
                                Levels of Skills/Talents/Runes - not slow
                                Astral Slots - not slow
                                Exp - not slow
                                Gold - not slow
                                Daru - not slow
                                Kyanite - same
                                Kyanite from plunders - not slow, thanks to guild arranged plunders
                                Plunder safety - not slow, cuz they stronger and will stay at murken forest
                                levels on Buildings/Academy skills - not slow
                                Insignias - same
                                Battleground shards - depends on luck
                                Honor/Medals - depends on luck
                                Solo Arena Rewards - not slow
                                Sylphs - not slow
                                Cross Server Points - impossible!
                                anything i miss?
                                Cross server points is a problem? Sorry to hear that lots of poeple are slow leveling too. I get CSP easily from BG and GA. Your problem with GA, what kind of people do you arena up with? I usually go with 39 with 25k+ br, 49 with 39k+ br. and 52's with 50k+ br. We usually win 28-30 everyday. Fast levelers have a lot more stuff to do during the day than slow lvlers, but ones that don't cash often tend to lose at GA and bg frequently and have low BR for their level. So in the end, Fast leveler(without cash) has more things to do PvE wise than slow leveler, but slow lvler has more things to do PvP wise. Having a pic of your charatcer will help a lot too. Will give us more info to see if you need help working on, some tips, and maybe changes to max out your Slow lvling experience.
                                Last edited by SkiaXia; 12-23-2013, 11:54 AM.

I...I love you like a love song baby...
                                I.. I love you like a love song baby...
                                I...I love you like a love song baby...
                                And I keep hitting repe-pe-pe-pe-peat.
                                :o:o:o:o

Comment

Working...
                                X