Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
    I must say your list is heavily biased. If you think you have it bad now with honor or medals and say "it depends on luck", well, try to level FAST on a new server and then throw yourself into a 60-69 BG and tell me what you think. Could go through it all but too time consuming.

Also it's a bit hard to give any constructive advice without you posting your toon and so on; from there we can give you pointers on what to work on. We don't know your level, your BR, your gear, your skills, your astrals...

Best, Thomas
    haha sorry bout that, Honor/Medals - depends on luck

it shouldve been
    Honor/Medals - stuck at 32k/Crusader Medal

anyway, im just looking for other advantage of slow level since BG, and Group Arena cannot be there anymore. BG is just so dead, sometimes we cannot even fill 15/15 both teams, and you always see the same people from another servers, super high br, and max honor. I said shards is luck, because if you dont get noticed too much, you might make it to the crystal spot. I only reached crusader cuz i have to dryad alot and kill some people from our server. Im at 40-49 range now, and if it like this, it's not gonna get better at higher levels. For Group Arena, well sure i can win some if i fight the level 30s from our server, i guess this was the one more dependent on luck. But fighting same level, even if you slow level, you cant kill them. Like i said, no new servers coming out.

So, the list is biased or slow level just really have not much to offer?

Comment

• hi all,

i have to decide whether to level to lv60 or not. I'm currently sitting at lv58, but will level up to 59 in few days. I'd love to camp at 50s but I don't want to miss the gems from catacomb. Talent level is at 14 so I can't dump any more exp there. My current BR is at around 61K with 200% academy boost. My current gear is all lv50 legendary pve set but with normal lv50 ring set.

The reason I want to level up to 60 is because not only I need to compete in bg and arena but also the players in my own server. Note that our server will very likely merged with others, competition will be tensed. Another reason is that I team up with another person who is currently lv62 in arena (used to be mpd as well when he was in lv50s) and I'd like to team up with him to run moon nm. His BR is 62-63K so he should be able to run moon nm if other 3 people have similar BR. But because he mostly run with 3 people with lower BR, he's forced to run normal mode.

Another reason to level up is that when my another guildmate was in lv64 with my current BR, he could still farm honors comfortably. My plan is to become LD before reaching lv60 (within 35 days if I farm 3000 honors without any loss, so let's assume 45 days). I'll do catacomb daily unless I can't become LD before lv60.

As for now, I only have 7K of insignia. I think I'll have problem getting insignia but main source of insignia will be from guild battle (As of now, we win most of the time within 20min. Result will definitely change after the merge). Currently running with lv62 and lv57 guildmate in arena and having less than 2-3 loss most of the time and not sure if result will change if I level up to 60.

1 last question is that when I team up with one guy with lv63, I see more epic apollo and players we met are toughter. Not sure if it's coincident or lv63 is a new bracket in arena. Anyone can shine some light?
      Lv80 mage ╬ BR 276K (blessed) ╬ Lv60 PVE Legendary gear ╬ Lv70 Legendary ring set ╬ Lv80 Legendary jewel set ╬ uDrYUUlLEeM

Comment

• The higher your level in the 60-64 bracket the stronger the magnetism is towards 65-69. In my experience 64 is a lot worse than 63. I didn't want to level to 64 but I had to because I didn't want to waste balens on a skill reset when I came to 64.

If you're at 61k at level 59 and you can't stop levelling without limiting yourself I'd say go for it. You'll have a lot of problems initially in the 55-64 BG bracket. They will sort themselves out. However if your only goal is to get LD as soon as you can you should definitely go for total level camping.

There is no way you can stay at level 59 while doing catacombs for 45 days. You do the math yourself.

I've been where you are, approximately, and well, I'm doing kinda ok, so... In my opinion. Make the jump.
        [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
        [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
          The higher your level in the 60-64 bracket the stronger the magnetism is towards 65-69. In my experience 64 is a lot worse than 63. I didn't want to level to 64 but I had to because I didn't want to waste balens on a skill reset when I came to 64.

If you're at 61k at level 59 and you can't stop levelling without limiting yourself I'd say go for it. You'll have a lot of problems initially in the 55-64 BG bracket. They will sort themselves out. However if your only goal is to get LD as soon as you can you should definitely go for total level camping.

There is no way you can stay at level 59 while doing catacombs for 45 days. You do the math yourself.

I've been where you are, approximately, and well, I'm doing kinda ok, so... In my opinion. Make the jump.
          Thanks Moloch, I had initial goals before but I also have to compete within my own server too. My initial goals were 70K, obtained hurricane steed from guild shop, all astral to lv6, all guild skills to lv10 except power boost and 48K insignia. looks like those have to be delayed. I'll still continue to slow down. Main experience intake will be catacomb, and probably moon (no last boss)
          Last edited by coldsw; 12-24-2013, 08:30 AM.
          Lv80 mage ╬ BR 276K (blessed) ╬ Lv60 PVE Legendary gear ╬ Lv70 Legendary ring set ╬ Lv80 Legendary jewel set ╬ uDrYUUlLEeM

Comment

• I'm also in the same boat, 62k br at 75% of lvl 59. Thinking of leveling up,though i still need 2 weeks for IC. Is moon NM doable with a group of average 55k BR? There's no point for me to level if i can't do the 60mp in nightmare right away... I already have 29% world prosperity so if i want to farm for LD i will have to wait 45 days without doing cata or MPs... Any advice?
            Last edited by dragosavp; 12-24-2013, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dragosavp View Post
              I'm also in the same boat, 62k br at 75% of lvl 59. Thinking of leveling up,though i still need 2 weeks for IC. Is moon NM doable with a group of average 55k BR? There's no point for me to level if i can't do the 60mp in nightmare right away... I already have 29% world prosperity so if i want to farm for LD i will have to wait 45 days without doing cata or MPs... Any advice?
              We are really in the same boat not only our BR wise but also in experience and honor perspective.

I mentioned yesterday that my guildmate, who is BR 63K and I believed he can solo tank but my senior guildmate said he still can't because his defense isn't enough to tank solo. My senior guildmate is a non casher pve archer and his BR is even slightly lower than ours. But I'm sure that he can wipe us out in duel because he is pve archer and he got skills. If he joins moon nm, their team won't need to find 2nd archer because he can cast deep freeze, scatter shot and incendiary shot alone.

In my noob opinion, if your team average BR is lower than 60K is really hard to achieve although BR doesn't mean everything. It's just a reference. It's doable if average is about/above 60K BR, either 1 pve archer or 2 pvp archer is a must, and pve mage or pvp mage with iris with rain dance. Also a strong tank is required. or else, moon nm might be hard to finish. Difficulty will be easier of course if we are talking about 2 bosses only.
              Last edited by coldsw; 12-24-2013, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• 48k insignia takes ages... Especially when you have to buy that costly medallion every week.

As for Moon I guess this is common info but first boss is rather simple if you have a competent mage. You can use two in front row if you want (it tends to make it somewhat easier to heal in my experience.) Second is all about damage, kill it before it kills you. It's actually reasonable to put the guy with the lowest damage output in front because he will be first to die and yeah, honestly, even with a team average of 60k Moon NM is not easy at all. Third boss you can tank with a mage if your knight isn't too great.

Oh and average 55k BR mostly does not fix Moon NM. However Moon Normal is another story and it's usually the loids that take the longest to finish.
                [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
                [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
                  Before i completely give up on slow leveling, you guys might have something more to add, that i havent know yet.

Right now, there's just no way i can advance above crusader rank, or win 5+ arena matches. There are so many slow leveler's from another server, that your only way to win is fight someone from your own servers. Since we get 0 new servers, we got 0 potential food. Something needs to be done with it first. At least remove that friggin honor loss and fix arena matchmaking.

So what could still be the advantage of slow leveling for me?
                  some stuff to consider
                  slow vs not slow, who will have more?
                  Total BR - not slow
                  MPD runs - same
                  Crypt Tokens - not slow
                  BR from Gears - same
                  Levels of Skills/Talents/Runes - not slow
                  Astral Slots - not slow
                  Exp - not slow
                  Gold - not slow
                  Daru - not slow
                  Kyanite - same
                  Kyanite from plunders - not slow, thanks to guild arranged plunders
                  Plunder safety - not slow, cuz they stronger and will stay at murken forest
                  levels on Buildings/Academy skills - not slow
                  Insignias - same
                  Battleground shards - depends on luck
                  Honor/Medals - depends on luck
                  Solo Arena Rewards - not slow
                  Sylphs - not slow
                  Cross Server Points - impossible!
                  anything i miss?
                  You're looking at this from the wrong angle.

If you compare absolute/total figures, then yes, the slow leveler is way behind in most of them.

However, the benefits of the slow leveling mantra are not in the total figures. They're in comparing to the rest of the field around your level.

So going through your list: and putting some actual figures to them: Using a typical fresh faced lvl 50 account:

BR: normal leveler: ~35K: Slow leveler: 50K
                  MPD runs: the normal leveler will be reliant upon others to help them complete their level MPD: The slow leveler will be the backbone in the party: Slow leveler advantage in my opinion
                  Crypt tokens: similar. The normal leveler will not be able to get as far into the catascombs per level. The slow leveler will not do catas often, but will get further.
                  BR from gears: slow leveler has had more time to earn refinement crystals / socketing rods etc.
                  Levels of skills/talents/runes: Skills is the same for level. Talents and runes: overall the normal leveler will gain XP faster. The slow leveler has raw strength which counters that.
                  Astral slots: same. However the slow levelers astrals will be of a higher level due to time spent playing.
                  Exp: the normal leveler earns faster.
                  Gold: slow lever earns more per level.
                  Daru: slow leveler earns more per level.
                  Kyanite from plunders: guild arranged plunders is technically breaking the ToS. The slow leveler does not have to rely on others so much for help.
                  Plunder safety: the slow leveler can sit in their level map and not worry about being plundered.
                  Levels on buildings: same.
                  Battleground shards: the slow leveler is stronger and thus more likely to be left alone to cart.
                  Honor/medals: slow leveler everytime.
                  Solo Arena awards: the slow leveler will be able to challenge people many levels above them with success.
                  Sylphs: the normal leveler should have an advantage here. However a smart slow leveler can still challenge.
                  Cross Server Points: slow leveler has an easier time earning them due to a better BR for their level.
                  Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                  You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                  Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                  Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

• lol ginger slow leveller earns more gold?lmao how?

Comment

• Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                      lol ginger slow leveller earns more gold?lmao how?
                      I think Ginger meant compared to a 35k br at lvl 50 and a 50k br at 50, who will earn more?
                      The 50k br at 50.

I...I love you like a love song baby...
                      I.. I love you like a love song baby...
                      And I keep hitting repe-pe-pe-pe-peat.
                      :o:o:o:o

Comment

• Originally posted by SkiaXia View Post
                        I think Ginger meant compared to a 35k br at lvl 50 and a 50k br at 50, who will earn more?
                        The 50k br at 50.
                        it is impossble for a slow leveler to have 50k br at lv 50 while the normal leveler on lv 50 with 35k br,the slow leveler wud take a while too get that br and the normal leveler should be on 60's well unless the slow leveller hurried to 50 started slow leveling and cashed quite a bit as well

Comment

it is impossble for a slow leveler to have 50k br at lv 50 while the normal leveler on lv 50 with 35k br,the slow leveler wud take a while too get that br and the normal leveler should be on 60's well unless the slow leveller hurried to 50 started slow leveling and cashed quite a bit as well
                          ?
                          Ginger was comparing a 50 slow leveler with a 50 Normal Leveler. No server comparison, just normal. The 50k br agasint the 35k br at 50, who will get more gold? The 50k br....
                          The bold just doesn't make sense to me... Maybe this is a better way to state it,
                          50k br at lvl 50 compared to someone who just turn or has been at 50 range with 35k br. Who will earn more?

Comment

• normal levveler should be higher level then that lv 50 slow leveler unless they are diff server one older one younger which obviosly the slow leveller would earn more

Comment

normal levveler should be higher level then that lv 50 slow leveler unless they are diff server one older one younger which obviosly the slow leveller would earn more
                              That is what I think Ginger was meaning, I mean ofc the 50 normal lvl would get more than the slow levler, so this must be what ginger means >.>

Comment

• Was there ever an event to level brutal edge? Don't know if i should save my fate stones or use them.

Comment

Working...
                                X