Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
    lol ginger slow leveller earns more gold?lmao how?
    Well.. If you read it properly lol.

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
    Gold: slow lever earns more per level.
    Even with the typo, I can see that Ginger states "per level." So, therefore, meaning - you are in the level longer and have higher BR during said level. You then also gain more gold during that level.
    If you compared two people in the same time span -- a lvl 35 slow leveler and a 45-50 quick leveler -- sure the 45-50 would likely gain more gold per day. However, over the lifespan of their character, who would gain more gold between 35 and 50? The slow leveler.

And to end my first post on this thread -- a little about me :P

I've been slow leveling, before I read this thread, actually. I made the mistake of starting with a character I had previously just been grabbing daily cash with, and also went super slow to start. So I am currently a level 36 archer with a modest 23.5k BR (could be higher with BR-boosting astrals) and 97% world prosperity (oops.) To even this out, I've made plans to work towards 50-54 and full 50 legend set/rings/jewels. I think I will be able to hold my own throughout to level 50 without too many problems. So far, it seems 40-44 is actually an easier bracket than 35-39 - in group arena anyways, for now. The biggest struggle I'll have as a non-spender, is the lack of mounts in the 40+ region, but many others have the same issue, so I think it will average out.

I do find that I struggle a bit in the 35-39 bracket because there are quite a few 39 campers, who simply have been here longer. I am sure there will be some campers in every bracket, but from what I see and hear, it seems a lot less concentrated among other levels (with exception of the 75-80 range, and possibly 64-69). This, along with a few posts discussing the value of slow leveling and Honor-Medals, is what helped me to decide to level up further at this point. Basically, I agreed that once you meet the maximum Honor for your level, you have no other advantages to being a slow leveler. You could stay and gain gems from battleground, but the potential gold from wb and solo arena and other benefits from the game seem a much greater value. The best thing I could say to defend staying a slow/no-leveler after maxing your honor-medals, would be that you can gain insignia much easier for your future usage (buy those wep/armour shards early!)

To comment towards the guide; I have a different take on catacombs. You don't have to run a full maximum level. I've seen a few posts in here touching on the subject. I run a set amount of catacomb levels per day, this way I get my catacomb fix and lower the xp while generating a higher profit of tokens for the effort. After leveling from 36 to 50 I *should* have around 4800 tokens, and so should finish off the last 2400 needed for the legend set within the next couple levels and with talents.

So this sums up my Toon's situation and goals. Thanks for the guide! It's a very interesting read, and the comments throughout the thread are quite helpful (from everyone involved.)

Merry Christmas everyone!
    Last edited by Fuhh-Pony; 12-25-2013, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
      it is impossble for a slow leveler to have 50k br at lv 50 while the normal leveler on lv 50 with 35k br,the slow leveler wud take a while too get that br and the normal leveler should be on 60's well unless the slow leveller hurried to 50 started slow leveling and cashed quite a bit as well
      Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
      normal levveler should be higher level then that lv 50 slow leveler unless they are diff server one older one younger which obviosly the slow leveller would earn more
      The thing is you're still comparing the two builds side by side in terms of total time played. Ignore the time perspective.

As a slow leveler, time played is irrelevant to me. I look at things only from a player level perspective.

Therefore given my example above, yes the slow leveler would have been playing months longer than the normal leveler. Yes if you compare time played a normal player is absolutely stronger, earns more etc etc. But I don't look at things like that.

The point of this guide was to show people that 'level' is not everything, and to explain to people how I have ~85K BR at level 64, without a huge injection of cash.

Originally posted by Fuhh-Q View Post
      Even with the typo, I can see that Ginger states "per level." So, therefore, meaning - you are in the level longer and have higher BR during said level. You then also gain more gold during that level.
      If you compared two people in the same time span -- a lvl 35 slow leveler and a 45-50 quick leveler -- sure the 45-50 would likely gain more gold per day. However, over the lifespan of their character, who would gain more gold between 35 and 50? The slow leveler.
      Thankyou for explaining this clearer.

To comment towards the guide; I have a different take on catacombs. You don't have to run a full maximum level. I've seen a few posts in here touching on the subject. I run a set amount of catacomb levels per day, this way I get my catacomb fix and lower the xp while generating a higher profit of tokens for the effort. After leveling from 36 to 50 I *should* have around 4800 tokens, and so should finish off the last 2400 needed for the legend set within the next couple levels and with talents.

So this sums up my Toon's situation and goals. Thanks for the guide! It's a very interesting read, and the comments throughout the thread are quite helpful (from everyone involved.)
      That's a neat idea.

Merry Christmas everyone!
      And to you!
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
      Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

• Need advice on gems.

My gems are level 5 and matk level 6, pdef upgrading to 6. I have mdef pdef matk hp on all gear. My block is 2798 with IC medal and HP is 67k.

Would it be a good idea to switch some or all HP to Block when I get LD? (Should be today.)
        [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
        [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
          Need advice on gems.

My gems are level 5 and matk level 6, pdef upgrading to 6. I have mdef pdef matk hp on all gear. My block is 2798 with IC medal and HP is 67k.

Would it be a good idea to switch some or all HP to Block when I get LD? (Should be today.)
          I prefer HP.

And early grats. I still have 5 days left.

Comment

• Was thinking:

Level 6 and above Block and Crit gems become better than the lower levels (when compared to the other gems.) Maybe convert 2 PDEF 6 to Block 6 and 2 HP 5 to PDEF 5.
            [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• I am normally using:

8 MATK
              8 PDEF
              8 MDEF
              4 HP
              4 Block
              You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	LD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	1679116

At last, mission accomplished.

This has one PDEF6 converted to BLOCK6 and one HP5 converted to PDEF5.
                Last edited by MolochMage; 12-25-2013, 04:29 PM.

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65557[/ATTACH]

At last, mission accomplished.

This has one PDEF6 converted to BLOCK6 and one HP5 converted to PDEF5.
                  That last remaining 3 BR would bug the living hell out of me...

Comment

• first of all, i dont think gold/anything per level matters to me anymore. It's all about gold/anything per day. Like i said, we will remain BG preys without new servers to feed on. I am totally satisfied with the crusader medallion i have now and i cant get it higher through BG anyway thanks to negative honor. Shards i can do it during 0900 and 1000, cuz everyone busy sharding. Cross server points and group arena insigs are hard. wont be getting it fighting those huge br from other servers or coiners from my server. Slow leveling isnt enough to really dominate arena/bg. You need to slow level and cash, or camp it for months.

Comment

• Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
                      first of all, i dont think gold/anything per level matters to me anymore. It's all about gold/anything per day. Like i said, we will remain BG preys without new servers to feed on. I am totally satisfied with the crusader medallion i have now and i cant get it higher through BG anyway thanks to negative honor. Shards i can do it during 0900 and 1000, cuz everyone busy sharding. Cross server points and group arena insigs are hard. wont be getting it fighting those huge br from other servers or coiners from my server. Slow leveling isnt enough to really dominate arena/bg. You need to slow level and cash, or camp it for months.
                      If it's not for you, or you can't see it, then it's not for you. Simple.

It's a tough road to walk and the pay back time is slow to develop. It's not a choice that is good for a lot of players.

Good luck with what ever path you choose.

Comment

• Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
                        first of all, i dont think gold/anything per level matters to me anymore. It's all about gold/anything per day. Like i said, we will remain BG preys without new servers to feed on. I am totally satisfied with the crusader medallion i have now and i cant get it higher through BG anyway thanks to negative honor. Shards i can do it during 0900 and 1000, cuz everyone busy sharding. Cross server points and group arena insigs are hard. wont be getting it fighting those huge br from other servers or coiners from my server. Slow leveling isnt enough to really dominate arena/bg. You need to slow level and cash, or camp it for months.
                        I'm a little confused, if there are no new players/servers, then everyone should be higher honor than you. So that would imply they are at least crusader and above. How do you lose more honor than you gain? Do you die 10x more than you kill? hmm...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fuhh-Q View Post
                          I'm a little confused, if there are no new players/servers, then everyone should be higher honor than you. So that would imply they are at least crusader and above. How do you lose more honor than you gain? Do you die 10x more than you kill? hmm...
                          i've seen people with elite warrior title around levels 40-45 thats enough to take away 400 honor if they kill u... happened to me alot of times when i was entering the 40's xD(srry for my english)

Comment

• Level doesn't matter a whole lot if there are no new players though - just a thought, really. I'm not there to know. And I quite honestly don't know how honor works past crusader vs crusader in 30-39 & 35-44 bg. In which case I lose 10 to Crusader, and 400 to anyone else (so far)

Comment

• correct me if i'm wrong. Let's assume you're crusader and above. If you lose to a higher ranking or same ranking, you'll lose 10 honors.

if you lose to a lower ranking than you, you'll either lose 200 or 400 honors. I don't know if the 200/400 outcomes are determined by the ranking difference or honor value.

The most horrible players are not the strongest players, but actually low rank strong kamikaze players. Strong doesn't mean they can kill you right away but can get enough dryad to kill you before you know it. And they'll keep trying to suck honors from you until you quit bg or bg ends.
                              Lv80 mage ╬ BR 276K (blessed) ╬ Lv60 PVE Legendary gear ╬ Lv70 Legendary ring set ╬ Lv80 Legendary jewel set ╬ uDrYUUlLEeM

Comment

48k insignia takes ages... Especially when you have to buy that costly medallion every week.

As for Moon I guess this is common info but first boss is rather simple if you have a competent mage. You can use two in front row if you want (it tends to make it somewhat easier to heal in my experience.) Second is all about damage, kill it before it kills you. It's actually reasonable to put the guy with the lowest damage output in front because he will be first to die and yeah, honestly, even with a team average of 60k Moon NM is not easy at all. Third boss you can tank with a mage if your knight isn't too great.

Oh and average 55k BR mostly does not fix Moon NM. However Moon Normal is another story and it's usually the loids that take the longest to finish.
                                As a slow leveler (not extremely slow as I still do cata), I'll do 2 bosses only and leave but unfortunately, 2nd boss seems to be even more tougher than last boss as its attack buff doubles and can't be debuffed. My friend knight is now 63-65K BR roughtly. as you suggested, I'm sure if he tanks with someone else, he can do it. I'll be lv60 30 days later and hopefully i'll be able to help him instead being a burden.

Running moon normal isn't too rewarding as we all will go for legendary set. If he still does moon normal because of lack of help, he is slowing down the progress.

off topic, we've just had a merged today without any notification. The players from new server are very strong. We killed the wb in about 5-10min =.= got 1/3 of reward as I used to get. Hate the merge.
                                Lv80 mage ╬ BR 276K (blessed) ╬ Lv60 PVE Legendary gear ╬ Lv70 Legendary ring set ╬ Lv80 Legendary jewel set ╬ uDrYUUlLEeM

Comment

Working...
                                X