Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dragosavp View Post
    So while maxing HS you also did spire,tok etc. ? Or only maxed it from cata and moon?
    While maxing: Moon and Catas (with key).

No regular XP from other sources.

Originally posted by dragosavp View Post
    I was thinking to max HS asap by all means, and then only do cata and mp with the leftover talent points. How viable is that?
    As a plan I think it's viable. I'm nto sure that you'd get your 60 set done before level 65 with this plan. But I've not done the maths entirely so I could well be wrong.
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

• I calculated , i takes me about 60 days to finish my set. So that's 120mil xp from doing cata daily with key, the thing is i don't know how much xp each talent point requires, i assume it's around 500mil so i'd have to get max 6mil xp/day if we don't count cata runs. Does that sound good? Though i'm not sure if it's worth it once i get to Lord Divine to stay 64, since at 65 i can do key runs and it will speed up my 60 set even faster. And since we will get a new patch sometime in the summer, i want to start working on my 70 set asap. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
        While maxing: Moon and Catas (with key).

No regular XP from other sources.

As a plan I think it's viable. I'm nto sure that you'd get your 60 set done before level 65 with this plan. But I've not done the maths entirely so I could well be wrong.
        Hi Ginger, do you open vip chest in moon nm?
        Also, one of my arena teammates is lv63 and we are fighting lv63 players in arena. It was way easier when he was lv62. I also helped couple of lv64 guildmates in arena and the opponents there were even more stronger. So I don't know if it's a good idea to go straight to lv64 unless we're FULLY ready like you are. I suggested him to slow down. He has been doing cata without keys since he is at the beginning of lv63.
        Lv80 mage ╬ BR 276K (blessed) ╬ Lv60 PVE Legendary gear ╬ Lv70 Legendary ring set ╬ Lv80 Legendary jewel set ╬ uDrYUUlLEeM

Comment

I calculated , i takes me about 60 days to finish my set. So that's 120mil xp from doing cata daily with key, the thing is i don't know how much xp each talent point requires, i assume it's around 500mil so i'd have to get max 6mil xp/day if we don't count cata runs. Does that sound good? Though i'm not sure if it's worth it once i get to Lord Divine to stay 64, since at 65 i can do key runs and it will speed up my 60 set even faster. And since we will get a new patch sometime in the summer, i want to start working on my 70 set asap. Any thoughts?
          I don't have the exact figures for how much XP there is available between level 60 and level 65. So I would be speculating further on an area of the game I don't have all that much experience with.

As too LD / lvl 65: This guide and all my advice is a 'how to' it's not a 'when you should be doing this' . So if you think it'll work and you're able to accept the risk that it might not, along with taking responsibility for that risk... then who am I to stop you or say otherwise?

You clearly know what you want to do with your build plan and character in the future. I say go make those plans a reality.

Originally posted by coldsw View Post
          Hi Ginger, do you open vip chest in moon nm?
          Also, one of my arena teammates is lv63 and we are fighting lv63 players in arena. It was way easier when he was lv62. I also helped couple of lv64 guildmates in arena and the opponents there were even more stronger. So I don't know if it's a good idea to go straight to lv64 unless we're FULLY ready like you are. I suggested him to slow down. He has been doing cata without keys since he is at the beginning of lv63.
          I sometimes open the VIP chest. Maybe 1 in 15 or less VIP chests I open on average.

I think you might have just gotten unlucky with arena team matchings. I think it's based on matching the highest level bracket to the same highest level bracket. Ie if you have a level 70 - 74 in your group, it'll match to lvl 70 - 74's. That said I could be wrong, but based on my experience, this holds true most of the time.

The advantages of going straight to 64, that persuaded me:
          More skill points to spend on your skill tree: stronger abilities in fights.
          More BR from Troops/Academy (assuming you can level them up as you level).

But as you say: Level when you feel you are ready.
          You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P

Comment

• I was also doing arenas with two lvl 64 friends and i was losing more than half of them, went yesterday with two 59(i'm 62 atm) and won like 28/30. So yea, if you can slow down it will benefit you in group arenas, but you will lose more often in BGs.

Comment

• You haven't touched the subject of the lvl 70 gear yet Ginger, with the new sets coming up soon and the new MPs/higher honor ranks won't it benefit us more in the long run if we start working on the 70 set asap? As in, skip the 60 legend rings/jewels and save the crypt tokens since they will be needed also for upgrading the 70 set into 80, plus the cost of the 70 legend jewel/rings.

Comment

You haven't touched the subject of the lvl 70 gear yet Ginger, with the new sets coming up soon and the new MPs/higher honor ranks won't it benefit us more in the long run if we start working on the 70 set asap? As in, skip the 60 legend rings/jewels and save the crypt tokens since they will be needed also for upgrading the 70 set into 80, plus the cost of the 70 legend jewel/rings.
                My advice is shakey because I don't really know what I plan to do myself.

The 70 set is a requirement, for any extended play beyond level 70, as well as for level 80 that much is probably true (assuming no changes from the rumoured patch updates).

I would say that skipping the rings/jewels of the 60 gear is certainly viable in the long run for saving crypt tokens for the 70 gear.

Comment

• Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                  Once I hit 64 I have worked on maxing out HS. Once my HS is maxed out, I'll be dropping the catas from my run to concentrate on getting my 60 gear.
                  Another option you have is to not finish your MPD every day. The majority of exp you gain is after killing the last boss. After you finish the 2nd boss in moon and get your box, leave the instance and then have your party invite you back. Your teammates will still finish, and you will still get the crystaloids and stones. The disadvantages to this are no friendship increase after completing the stage and no dungeon completion reward. If you don't have the ancient weapon, etc, already, you will have to use crypt tokens to get them, but you the exp you save will allow you to do the catacombs every day.

Comment

• Originally posted by krzywon View Post
                    Another option you have is to not finish your MPD every day. The majority of exp you gain is after killing the last boss. After you finish the 2nd boss in moon and get your box, leave the instance and then have your party invite you back. Your teammates will still finish, and you will still get the crystaloids and stones. The disadvantages to this are no friendship increase after completing the stage and no dungeon completion reward. If you don't have the ancient weapon, etc, already, you will have to use crypt tokens to get them, but you the exp you save will allow you to do the catacombs every day.
                    That's a good idea.

I shall drop the ending to MPD and catas daily to really save on my available XP...

Comment

• I guess this is sort of a farewell to the "slow level club" for me. I achieved my goal by getting LD and now I felt that if I didn't change something up I'd die from boredom. I levelled to 65 today and am going to fast to 70, where I will stay for as long as possible working on my character.

Thanks for all the feedback!
                      [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
                      [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• I have pretty much the same plan , just need 3 more weeks for LD. So you're skipping the 60 set Moloch?

Comment

• Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
                          I guess this is sort of a farewell to the "slow level club" for me. I achieved my goal by getting LD and now I felt that if I didn't change something up I'd die from boredom. I levelled to 65 today and am going to fast to 70, where I will stay for as long as possible working on my character.

HI Moloch, I think many people have done the same once they reach above 65. There is no more camping purpose unless you want to stay at lv68 to max your talent.

I've also just leveled up to lv60 last night. Almost spent all my kyanite to upgrade advanced academy. Once it's maxed, it'll be a very slow progress to improve my BR. Currently sitting at 72K with blessed. Don't know how long it'll take me to reach your strength.
                          Last edited by coldsw; 01-16-2014, 09:40 AM.
                          Lv80 mage ╬ BR 276K (blessed) ╬ Lv60 PVE Legendary gear ╬ Lv70 Legendary ring set ╬ Lv80 Legendary jewel set ╬ uDrYUUlLEeM

Comment

• Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
                            I guess this is sort of a farewell to the "slow level club" for me. I achieved my goal by getting LD and now I felt that if I didn't change something up I'd die from boredom. I levelled to 65 today and am going to fast to 70, where I will stay for as long as possible working on my character.

Don't you want to camp to wait 2 new titles ?
                            "Strange things happen to those who don't drink Wilkins."

Comment

• Pretty sure you need to be lvl 80 with the advanced career to unlock the two new honor ranks.

Comment

• LD tittle is now impossible for me i just hit 60 (((((((

Comment

Working...
                                X