Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
    I don't need bg nor do I try to shard much, this game takes too long lately so I just do my basics and get on with my day. Still haven't finished my guild skills, lol, too busy levelling up snipers edge to 8 ... that takes forever! But Indeed, I do truly respect the fact that you want to be able to do your mp's w/o begging for help ... I wish there was more like you.
    In the grand scheme of things, I don't need BG either. I just like it for the easy extra gems. That and it's my regular method of keeping half an eye on the competition and in touch with some friends on other servers: as I CBA to start a new character on every server/provider.

Lvl 8 Holy Sniper... ouch! my reds are all level 7 currently. I am not looking forward to the slog that is all level 8 red astrals.
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

• lol, i haven't finished my guild skills either, too lazy. easier to dump gold into astrals. Level 9 det was a long haul, I do not look forward to 10! On the other hand, I need to level up my illusion past 5. just not that important to me, lol. 10 mill for +40 to power for 40 more pdef... zzzzzzz card system looks neat, but not really needed much for me unless they add major stats later though. I'm just trying to finish up daru enlighten level 10 before the new troops come out. I'm so slow.
      Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

• Ginger you have yet to realize what it means to level up talents. Just saying. I suppose you can't do TOK NM either? Well it's gonna take you about 1 year to max talents at 69 with your speed. Is getting 1 level 3 gem/day and saying hi to a couple of players really worth missing what could be in the near future a ton of new stuff to do?
        Of course it's your char and I'm not saying that you should play it the way others tell you. I'm just saying you're a stubborn old mule
        IGN: AncientEvil
        Server: EU-271+merged
        Class: Archer
        Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

• His BR is 94k +.

It could've been 110k + if he has leveled up. Lots of time lost there.
          Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
          [No longer logging in]

Comment

• i jumped to 50s, made lvl 50s leg gear. Camped IC at 54, LD at 59. Jumped to 70s.
            Atm.
            Half-way through level 70. Leg. Set.
            Planning to Camp lvl 74 with 70s leg gear to get pvp mounts(maybe grim reaper title)
            Geared with lvl 50s gear. Talent lvl 35[dont need BG any more ^ ^ till 70s gear is complete]
            Last edited by R29296591; 03-05-2014, 01:53 AM. Reason: typos
            Sarcasm Intended

Comment

• Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
              If I rush to 80 now: then I'll be directly competing with them, I know who will come off worse. My 94K BR is probably in the top 10% for my level.
              More like the top 1%. Or top 0.1%.

I refuse to move to a level where I go from being able to hold my own, and able to cart as I please (mostly) in BG, to being the LD honour pinata for all those who rely on HS to win. Sitting stunned for 6 turns in a fight is not my idea of fun. It's not like there's lot of honour or respect amongst players either.
              This is truth. I don't do BG anymore. I will not do BG until I have gained legendary 70 gear. I will be able to gain that before even levelling to 71.
              The other thing, rushing to level 70/80 etc: just means I'll have to beg for help getting my 70 gear. I'm not strong enough to go through the 70 dungeon, which means reliance on others to carry me. That's not how I play the game, nor how I want to play the game.
              That is absolutely false. Your BR is perfectly fine for LLNM. Please do bear in mind that even if you do NOTHING else you will gain BR from levelling and you will gain an extra astral slot at 70. Hell, I was way weaker than you when I rushed to 70 and I was welcomed as a much needed addition to our guild MD runs. That's part of the reason I did it. If you want more power simply buy the WC part of Spirit Covenant - that won't even spend your BBs per month - and it will be a total breeze until you're comfortable.

The only real problem that I see is if you get a shortage of insignia from not being able to match a good TA team.
              [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
              [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• Floyd Mayweather has been slow-levelling for years and as a result is still nowhere near big and strong enough to challenge Wladimir Klitchko!

Don't fall into the same trap as Floyd!

Comment

• Originally posted by ancev View Post
                  Ginger you have yet to realize what it means to level up talents. Just saying. I suppose you can't do TOK NM either? Well it's gonna take you about 1 year to max talents at 69 with your speed. Is getting 1 level 3 gem/day and saying hi to a couple of players really worth missing what could be in the near future a ton of new stuff to do?
                  Of course it's your char and I'm not saying that you should play it the way others tell you. I'm just saying you're a stubborn old mule
                  I've a fair idea of what it is to level up talents. I've also a very good idea of what it is to suffer in the parts of the game I actually like. ToK & Spire, I find boring. I don't enjoy them. BG, GB & 3v3 are the bits I enjoy. I play for the bits I enjoy. I have a fair idea of what it's going to take to level talents. I'm still not maxed on my 64 talents yet. So I think your 1 year estimate may turn out to be on the optimistic side! >.<

I agree that I am a stubborn old mule. For now it has worked out mostly quite nicely.

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
                  More like the top 1%. Or top 0.1%.
                  That is very kind of you to say, I am honoured you think my ranking could be so inconceivably high! :shocked:

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
                  This is truth. I don't do BG anymore. I will not do BG until I have gained legendary 70 gear. I will be able to gain that before even levelling to 71.
                  That is absolutely false. Your BR is perfectly fine for LLNM. Please do bear in mind that even if you do NOTHING else you will gain BR from levelling and you will gain an extra astral slot at 70. Hell, I was way weaker than you when I rushed to 70 and I was welcomed as a much needed addition to our guild MD runs. That's part of the reason I did it. If you want more power simply buy the WC part of Spirit Covenant - that won't even spend your BBs per month - and it will be a total breeze until you're comfortable.

The only real problem that I see is if you get a shortage of insignia from not being able to match a good TA team.
                  True I will gain BR from leveling. But like my 50 set, I want to have a good head start on my 70 set when I get there. I also want to be able to max out my advanced academy once it opens up for the next stage, as well as max-out my troops again.

There are 3 people in my guild with a BR over 90K. There is one person in my guild who is over level 70. For now, the guild I am in, does not require people at level 70 to help in MPD's. The one person over 70, is in a very different timezone to most of us others, and runs with others on the server.

And isn't everyone short of insignias? I am... :/

Originally posted by SpitefulErne View Post
                  Floyd Mayweather has been slow-levelling for years and as a result is still nowhere near big and strong enough to challenge Wladimir Klitchko!

Don't fall into the same trap as Floyd!
                  ROFL!
                  You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P

Comment

• The main issue (and I say it is the main) is that the maximum level is 80.

Eventually, you get up to 70+ (say 72 or 73) and onimad becomes your opponent again. This is inevitable -- unless you choose to stay at 69 forever.
                    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                    [No longer logging in]

Comment

• nope, I have almost a full page of insignia now, virtually useless after the 70 set, except for exp. I'm only holding on to them just in case. And for the days I'm too lazy to farm arena for insig.

Comment

• Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                        The main issue (and I say it is the main) is that the maximum level is 80.

Eventually, you get up to 70+ (say 72 or 73) and onimad becomes your opponent again. This is inevitable -- unless you choose to stay at 69 forever.
                        True. I know that I will eventually be in the big cashers playground, no matter what I do. I would rather be capable of winning some battles, rather than being an pinata for the majority.

As I said previously, 99% of people open with HS. My current strength is not enough to counter that and my preferred play style, won't have me bouncing the HS's anytime soon. For now, my current strength is enough to just about let me get away with joining a 60 to 69 BG and getting a 60:40, win:loss ratio, where I spent on average 6 turns per fight stunned.

I agree that I would be absolutely stronger if I played in a more normal fashion. I have no doubt that I'd have also quit a long time ago. This thread wouldn't exist. I wouldn't keep in touch with the few people who I consider friends.

Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
                        nope, I have almost a full page of insignia now, virtually useless after the 70 set, except for exp. I'm only holding on to them just in case. And for the days I'm too lazy to farm arena for insig.
                        I can haz them?

Comment

• ur guide is excellent. "BUT" I would say that once u hit the level for Holy seal you need to go for high EXP. This is because once you start fighting people that can stun you, you want to be high enough level on ur HS so that you won't get stunned. I hate getting stunned and beaten by lower levels and I think they should abolish the stupid stun ****. but, I personally would advise that once you can get the HS, get as much exp as you can and max level that out at every level before you go to the next level. especially if you want to have a good time in 3vs3 and BG. I quit playing BG for awhile cuz it is no fun when u can't even get anywhere before people attack you and u always lose cuz u get stunned. But 3vs 3 u can lose and always get 5insignia each time. But I thought I would through my 2 cents in here, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by R224671638 View Post
                            ur guide is excellent. "BUT" I would say that once u hit the level for Holy seal you need to go for high EXP. This is because once you start fighting people that can stun you, you want to be high enough level on ur HS so that you won't get stunned. I hate getting stunned and beaten by lower levels and I think they should abolish the stupid stun ****. but, I personally would advise that once you can get the HS, get as much exp as you can and max level that out at every level before you go to the next level. especially if you want to have a good time in 3vs3 and BG. I quit playing BG for awhile cuz it is no fun when u can't even get anywhere before people attack you and u always lose cuz u get stunned. But 3vs 3 u can lose and always get 5insignia each time. But I thought I would through my 2 cents in here, lol.
                            slow leveler guide is for players being strong at their level bracket. I actually advise people who 1. aren't as active; 2. don't do bg/arena; not to be slow leveler.
                            If your're LD, there is one less reason to slow down.
                            On the other hand, if you enjoy pvp more like how ginger does, then slow leveling is good for you. As per stun, I get stunned almost every time. But i win most of the time because of higher BR. But i have to rant it out that many dirty players know that they only lose 10 honors, can stun me, think they have a chance to beat me. they'll see me as a target. They'll eventually beat me as my HP bar isn't 100% all the time after beating them.
                            Lv80 mage ╬ BR 276K (blessed) ╬ Lv60 PVE Legendary gear ╬ Lv70 Legendary ring set ╬ Lv80 Legendary jewel set ╬ uDrYUUlLEeM

Comment

• Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                              True. I know that I will eventually be in the big cashers playground, no matter what I do. I would rather be capable of winning some battles, rather than being an pinata for the majority.

As I said previously, 99% of people open with HS. My current strength is not enough to counter that and my preferred play style, won't have me bouncing the HS's anytime soon. For now, my current strength is enough to just about let me get away with joining a 60 to 69 BG and getting a 60:40, win:loss ratio, where I spent on average 6 turns per fight stunned.

I agree that I would be absolutely stronger if I played in a more normal fashion. I have no doubt that I'd have also quit a long time ago. This thread wouldn't exist. I wouldn't keep in touch with the few people who I consider friends.

I can haz them?
                              Too late, traded them for synthing materials

Comment

• Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
                                Too late, traded them for synthing materials
                                Damn.

OK, the soon is partially here... I updated post #3 of this thread.

If anyone has further pros or cons that they feel need adding: please let me know. Thankyou.

Comment

Working...
                                X