Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it a good idea to slow level before level 50 and miss out sylphs? Im level 47 so I have unlocked jewel hunt, so I won't miss that. however, I already have the purple magister set from equip exchange so there is little incentive to stay below level 50. what I have been doing is blitzing catacombs every day and that is my only source of xp(still giving me a level every week or so though.

Ginger, what do you suggest? I don't think there were sylphs or equip exchange when you were level 40... my biggest fear is a lot of people are rushing to level 50 and slow level there, so wouldn't half of 50s battleground be slow levelers? im only 28k br which is average for a level 47 I think. I haven't made my bender set legend yet cus not sure how long I will camp, if at all, at level 49. thank you in advanced.

also im a non casher without a lot of time to play( which is why I plan on slow leveling cus I ca never be top player lol)

Comment

• Is your honor capped?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atombender View Post
        Is your honor capped?
        no im still elite warrior lol. only found this guide a week ago....

Comment

• just an fyi lvl 50 bgs are now holy seal partys as well

Comment

• Originally posted by jellybelly1 View Post
            just an fyi lvl 50 bgs are now holy seal partys as well
            Well the highest hs lvl for that range is 10 so it shouldn't be hard to max it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by valypry View Post
              So far i have 2.45k crit and i think i can get 1k more crit from 50 gears (i am still in 40 PVE gears + 2 normal 50 rings and + legendary 50 jewels). The crit is decent in PVP and in addition to gaia is super plus the EWD was getting boring for me.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]86628[/ATTACH]
              This is my char with 200% BW and Gaia 3* Blue.
              I think is a decent char for lvl 52 (i lvled to 50 3 weeks ago). My honor is 99k (i get around 2.9k honor / day maybe more) so IC is not far away maybe 30 more days. I am also waiting for a gem event to make all my gems lvl 5 and maybe my second lvl 6 gem.
              Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
              Looking good for level 52 with 40 Legend gear! Sounds & looks like you know what you're doing! Keep us updated on how your build develops! especially once you get IC and the new medal! SHINY! Will be a nice boost for you.
              a little update on my char
              Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled 4.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	1690065

I just lvled to 55 finally after 1.5 months at lvl 54. I got IC honor and i am preparing for lvl 56-59 BG. Hopefully i will get around 70k BR. I still need 5 more days to get the ring legendary. My stats above are without IC medal. I am saving insignias for the time i start BG because i sometimes miss Arena's. Any advice on what should i focus next? Now i am upgrading my astrals mat>sniper>pdeff> RBG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atombender View Post
                Concerning your second question, Lv 50 Leg is better but when you pick up Lv 60 Epic, you want to leg it as well, which would then be better of course. You will spend a long time in 60-69 as a camper so enough time to collect all the materials.

Edit: And for the record, Lv 50 Leg stats are actually higher than Lv 60 Epic stats even without the extra socket.
                Thanks! I asked the question because my plan was to skip the whole 60 set after staying 54 for a long time, and go straight 70 set. But after finding out about the equipment exchange, I was wondering which set to keep @ 60? Either the 50 leg or the 60 epic. I don't intend to farm for 60 leggy stones (at least, at the time of this writing).
                Last edited by CrazyDude9; 06-30-2014, 04:09 AM.
                S292 Archer level 46
                35k BR (with blessing wheel)
                August 23, 2013 - November 3, 2013 (R.I.P)

S479 Knight Level 80
                283k BR (blessed), 40k from sylph (02-28-15)
                May 23, 2014 - March 16, 2015 (will return later on)

Proud non-casher non-VIP

Comment

• While I'm here, check this out. I saw her in 45-54 bg T_T
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	omg!_edited.png
Views:	1
Size:	348.8 KB
ID:	1690069
                  S292 Archer level 46
                  35k BR (with blessing wheel)
                  August 23, 2013 - November 3, 2013 (R.I.P)

S479 Knight Level 80
                  283k BR (blessed), 40k from sylph (02-28-15)
                  May 23, 2014 - March 16, 2015 (will return later on)

Proud non-casher non-VIP

Comment

• Originally posted by Noob67 View Post
                    is it a good idea to slow level before level 50 and miss out sylphs? Im level 47 so I have unlocked jewel hunt, so I won't miss that. however, I already have the purple magister set from equip exchange so there is little incentive to stay below level 50. what I have been doing is blitzing catacombs every day and that is my only source of xp(still giving me a level every week or so though.

Ginger, what do you suggest? I don't think there were sylphs or equip exchange when you were level 40... my biggest fear is a lot of people are rushing to level 50 and slow level there, so wouldn't half of 50s battleground be slow levelers? im only 28k br which is average for a level 47 I think. I haven't made my bender set legend yet cus not sure how long I will camp, if at all, at level 49. thank you in advanced.

also im a non casher without a lot of time to play( which is why I plan on slow leveling cus I ca never be top player lol)
                    OK, we're off to a good start. The realisation that you can realistically, never be number 1. This also applies to slow leveling and being strong at BG. You'll never be the strongest in BG. There is always someone stronger, who has spent more. Once you accept this as a truth (not in a nasty way, just a here it is: this is the way of the world), then the game is much more fun.

Slow leveling is technique to increase your BR for your level, at the expense of overall BR(Ie: your BR gain slow leveling is slower than playing normally, but, because you level slower, you are stronger relatively for your level). There are slow levelers at all levels of the game: some having only started slow leveling at level 70, some having slow leveled from the beginning of the game. You won't escape them, and like I said, even if you're the best slow leveler player out there, there is nothing stopping someone cashing and overtaking your 'time spent', with $ and kicking your butt!

There were no sylphs or equipment exchanges when I was level 40: Correct. However if I were a relatively new player entering the game: I can't see a lot of point slow leveling before level ~55. So much additional strength opens up at level 50 - 55. However this additional strength is all relative. If you're weak at 55, from 2 or 3 weeks of play, Then going cold turkey into a slow leveler playstyle is going to be very difficult, as you have to catch up on the slow leveling time to match the average strength for your level and then continue slow leveling further to become suitably strong enough to overcome the average.

tl;dr: Slow leveling is an individual choice, that the individual makes for their enjoyment in the game.

Originally posted by valypry View Post
                    a little update on my char

I just lvled to 55 finally after 1.5 months at lvl 54. I got IC honor and i am preparing for lvl 56-59 BG. Hopefully i will get around 70k BR. I still need 5 more days to get the ring legendary. My stats above are without IC medal. I am saving insignias for the time i start BG because i sometimes miss Arena's. Any advice on what should i focus next? Now i am upgrading my astrals mat>sniper>pdeff> RBG.
                    Like I said before, I'm not sure there's anything I can tell you, that you either haven't already realised, or don't already know. I should be asking you for advice...

My advice: Work out what you're going to do at level 60, and start prepping for it.

Originally posted by CrazyDude9 View Post
                    While I'm here, check this out. I saw her in 45-54 bg T_T
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]93139[/ATTACH]
                    *poops in pants* wow! That is a seriously scary build! lol. I wonder how long they have been playing!
                    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

• Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post

Like I said before, I'm not sure there's anything I can tell you, that you either haven't already realised, or don't already know. I should be asking you for advice...

My advice: Work out what you're going to do at level 60, and start prepping for it.
                      I would like an advice for lvl 60-70. I already have normal 60 pve gears and i don't know if i should farm legendary gears or not (600 legendary stones and 64k insignias). I was planing to go full force to 69 after i get my LD medallion, and farming the evolved sylph in the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by valypry View Post
                        I would like an advice for lvl 60-70. I already have normal 60 pve gears and i don't know if i should farm legendary gears or not (600 legendary stones and 64k insignias). I was planing to go full force to 69 after i get my LD medallion, and farming the evolved sylph in the same time.
                        If you intend to spend more than a couple of months in 60-70, I would seriously consider making it Legendary. It'll help with farming the stones and the insignia, the stronger you are.
                        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

• Finally completed level 100 of the catacombs thanks to this guide! My br without blessing wheel increased by 4 k so far

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyDude9 View Post
                            Thanks! I asked the question because my plan was to skip the whole 60 set after staying 54 for a long time, and go straight 70 set. But after finding out about the equipment exchange, I was wondering which set to keep @ 60? Either the 50 leg or the 60 epic. I don't intend to farm for 60 leggy stones (at least, at the time of this writing).
                            In order to run Lych Lair NM (no one runs Normal anymore and no one runs Samsara) you'll need around 90k BR without being a burden (as an Archer, add 5k for a tank). No chance to survive the final boss with only 80k. I am a tank and usually run it buffed around 100k.

I did what you planned and got 50 Leg and skipped 60. I already have 2 legged 70 Jewels and I am close to completing the Lv 70 Epic set (thank to being able to buy loids with Insignias). Still a long way to leg it but I am staying at Lv 74 as long as possible.

Comment

• As a small helper, there are two indicators of how well you're doing at your current level. The first one is to compare Player Level with Player Strength. If your Player Strength ranking is higher, you're doing ok. If it's considerably higher, you're doing very fine. If your Player Level ranking is better, you'll need to work on your BR first.

Another indicator is the BR upgrade guide, take it as a rough yardstick to see in which categories you're still slacking.
                              1-59 = Red (bad), 60-79 = Yellow (ok), 80+ = Green (good).

Comment

• lol ive seen worse @crazydude9
                                Last edited by toptrunks619; 07-02-2014, 10:30 PM.
                                US West
                                Pearl Lake

Comment

Working...
                                X