Mage talent - Survival

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mage talent - Survival

So I did a quick calculations and I think I won't go for survival.

So here's what I did :
    • I assumed one cast every 20 seconds (15 second cooldown + 5 second cast time) for normal Restoration.
    • I assumed one cast every 25 seconds (20 second cooldown + 5 second cast time) for Restoration with Survival.
    • I evaluated the gain of casting with Survival over normal Restoration.
    • I assumed you have the PVE gear and you're never rage depraved.

Calculations : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing

The gain is never over 100% : This means that it's as if you would have cast 1 more Restoration. For instance, at the 2 minute mark, you get 700% healing output with Survival. But at 2min5 seconds, you get the same from Restoration.

The gain is often negative : Often times in the fight it is actually better without Survival. For instance at the 1min25sec mark, there are 0 5 second periods where Survival is better.

But if you don't have the PVE gear, I think it is a good talent since casting Restoration every 20 seconds is impossible when you are the sole healer.

Your thoughts on the matter are welcomed
    Cheers!
    Mascolo
    Last edited by jcmascolo; 04-21-2013, 09:55 AM.

well with survival talent, now you cast a greater heal at the expense of longer cooldown. It simply means that you cast restoration less often than you previously did. and that means you save more turns in the long run in battle. and that in turn, means that you can use the extra turns and rage to cast suntoria, puri or bless, or even just bolt to gain extra rage. now how is that not a good thing?

if u want to narrow-mindedly look at the healed points per unit time, then sure without survival talent you can heal more over per unit time with restoration.

Comment

Your assumptions are too way off for a normal pve battle.

At times, you need a big heal to prevent your teammate from dying in the next hit. Healing faster doesn't necessarily help here.
      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
      [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
        Your assumptions are too way off for a normal pve battle.

At times, you need a big heal to prevent your teammate from dying in the next hit. Healing faster doesn't necessarily help here.
        Gotta agree, it's healing smarter that helps in the big dungeons.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

Working...
        X