Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stealing from friends farms - some numbers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealing from friends farms - some numbers.

I'm going to base these numbers on L2 4 hour seeds, Lvl 1 farm, and 8 gold 1 kya planting, understand that the deficit grows substantially when you start factoring farm level differences and 1 hour seeds. Doing this because frankly I get the impression that a lot of people have trouble with math, and how much they actually lose with the belief that stealing balances out your losses. I will also only be looking at the gold aspect, but the process is universal to all crops.

Basic numbers -
    8 x 15,000 = 120,000
    - the 30% loss for stolen of 36,000
    = 84,000 gross before the cost of seeds
    - seed cost of 24,000
    = 60,000 net per round of stolen gold plants.

If you have the ability to get to them every 4 hours you can plant up to 6 times a day which totals
    gross - 720,000
    stolen - 216,000
    seed cost - 144,000
    net gain - 360,000

Now from my testing I concluded you could only steal 200 times a day. We will figure on best case scenario here that you snag the first shot on everyone's plants.
    You'll steal

This relies on you getting the first shot out of every single planting you go after, and they all need to be the same exact 4 hour L2 gold plant. If you start hitting L1s, or 1 hour plants you won't even come close to balancing out. If you get 2 or 3rd shot on a crop you're stealing is getting killed in terms of recouping your loss to theft.

The numbers say you won't break even or make a gain unless you don't have full crops to farm, at which point the process ends up losing you money.

Daily gain with crop theft = 360,000
    Daily gain with crop theft + perfect, full run of stealing - 560,000
    Daily gain without = 576,000
    Last edited by sycocys; 05-17-2013, 12:25 PM.

Originally posted by sycocys View Post
    I'm going to base these numbers on L2 4 hour seeds, Lvl 1 farm, and 8 gold 1 kya planting, understand that the deficit grows substantially when you start factoring farm level differences and 1 hour seeds. Doing this because frankly I get the impression that a lot of people have trouble with math, and how much they actually lose with the belief that stealing balances out your losses. I will also only be looking at the gold aspect, but the process is universal to all crops.

Basic numbers -
    8 x 15,000 = 120,000
    - the 30% loss for stolen of 36,000
    = 84,000 gross before the cost of seeds
    - seed cost of 24,000
    = 60,000 net per round of stolen gold plants.

If you have the ability to get to them every 4 hours you can plant up to 6 times a day which totals
    gross - 720,000
    stolen - 216,000
    seed cost - 144,000
    net gain - 360,000

Now from my testing I concluded you could only steal 200 times a day. We will figure on best case scenario here that you snag the first shot on everyone's plants.
    You'll steal

This relies on you getting the first shot out of every single planting you go after, and they all need to be the same exact 4 hour L2 gold plant. If you start hitting L1s, or 1 hour plants you won't even come close to balancing out. If you get 2 or 3rd shot on a crop you're stealing is getting killed in terms of recouping your loss to theft.

The numbers say you won't break even or make a gain unless you don't have full crops to farm, at which point the process ends up losing you money.

Daily gain with crop theft = 360,000
    Daily gain with crop theft + perfect, full run of stealing - 560,000
    Daily gain without = 576,000
    Its a game, get over it.

Comment

Its actuallly quite nice the "we all gain when I constantly steal form you, just do the same" Myth gets busted again. Too many people are simply not able to see it, and use the mentioned point to argue. Has nothing to do with "get over it"....has everything to do with people either deliberately misleading others, or people simply not understanding whats happening.

Thx sycocys

Comment

Wahetevr happeend to share and share alike?

Comment

As has been discussed in length during the Ancients/Hawkstrider event: sharing is an Illusion regarding wartunes farming game. Someone down the line pays for others to gain/benefit off them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kastergir View Post
            As has been discussed in length during the Ancients/Hawkstrider event: sharing is an Illusion regarding wartunes farming game. Someone down the line pays for others to gain/benefit off them.
            The whole concept of "stealing" was highlighted during the Hawkstrider event with ancient seeds. The difference is if you aren't a casher it was much more difficult to get ancient seeds because they arent readily available (there was a finite amount). To a certain extent you can always earn more gold, whereas you couldn't earn more Ancient seeds without spending "real" money (IE Balens). I don't mind ppl taking my gold daru as it helps my fellow "friends" and they arent freeloaders either, they revive my plants, weed, etc... Now when people would steal my Ancient seeds that was another story because, again, wartune made it difficult to earn said items.

Comment

Still, the maths says - even if you can always earn more Gold to a certain extend - you loose out massively if your crops get stolen, unless you steal full monty back. And even then you loose when people constantly take off you . As I mentioned above: its those shamelessly taking off others, and then talking down every differing opinion with phrases like "we all get more if we take off each other" or "what happened to sharing" who simply justify their desire to profit off others no matter what it means for said other with mentioned wrong or not applicable statements.

Comment

They all need to be the same exact 4 hour L2 gold plant.

Comment

u cant grow exp at wb ^^ and sometimes you need emergency gold, where to get it from? And 1 person needs exp, 1 needs gold, 1 needs daru. thats why my friends and I have crops for...heck we are in 3 different guilds, we allow each other to plunder each other in emergencies. sometimes you make more, sometimes you make less, its all good.
                  Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

if you can't get over it people taking your crops stop planting crops geez, always the same wining over stealing my crops sighs.
                    Its a made this way in the game design so stop whining about it , little kids

Comment

steal steal steal ahahaha i remember when i steal acciant spirit seed so many got angry xD
                      to much pride will kill u!!
                      taste the blade of my sword!!

Comment

Realy quit amazing how many ppl revert to or should I say subvert to the stop whining phrase when someone is just stating facts or pointing something out 4 others to think about. Makes me wonder at the age or said age of those who always say stop whining when as far as I can tell the author of this thread didn't even come close to 'whining'. Anyway ty 4 sharing

Comment

I'm just showing people the actual math behind what is happening. A lot of people can't comprehend this in their heads so I put it somewhere they could look at the numbers.

Frankly for my guild/server I see the highest level players who are well cashed up and in absolutely no need of farm stealing being the worst perpetrators, both holding down everyone else in their guild and holding back guild progress because the lower level players don't have that to advance or contribute while the higher levels simply burn it all on astrals. To me it's simply annoying seeing the highest 3-4 players on the
                          server cash up on each wb, have cashed out gear so no one can compete with them in arena, then camping everyone's farms all day long - while having the lowest daily contribution to their guilds except for the
                          first day or two of a skill upgrade.

To each his own at the end of the day, just want everyone to have a reference to the inner workings of how this system affects game progress.

Comment

I think the stealing should be even with how many the farm owner loses. That's just me though. I don't mind my friends taking from my farm, but even they are astounded at how much is lost from one person taking from their farm vs how much they lose. It should be even on both sides. I don't know about you, but I can walk into a strawberry patch and pull a few strawberries without making any others rot or fall to the ground. Shouldn't it be the same in this case? Nobody is that clumsy to ruin 2/3 more from one time picking. lol
                            Fate Server 12
                            I choose my Fate

Comment

I cannot beleive you people are making new forums on the same friggen subject AGAIN!
                              Like over 50+ of "Not fair farm stealers" Get over yourself or leave.
                              ♪┏(・o・)┛♪┗ ( ・o・) ┓♪♪┏(・o・)┛♪┗ ( ・o・) ┓♪

Game:Broken Realm
                              IGN: Mary Magdalene
                              Class: Mage
                              LVL: 44
                              BR: 1194
                              Full level 40 epic set

Comment

Working...
                              X