Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Flash EOL

Attention: Adobe has blocked flash content from playing beginning January 12th. Please update to new client version 1.1.2.
2 of 2 < >

Official Community Discord Server

Have questions or concerns you want to talk about? Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

Guide - Ruthlessness Astral explained once and for all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Guide - Ruthlessness Astral explained once and for all

    Dear community,

    The other day I received yet another question from a friend asking me exactly how the Ruthlessness astral works. When explaining this too him he told me I was the first person that gave him a clear and proper answer.
    It is therefore that I decided to post this overvieuw so that the information is free to access for anyone that wants to know.

    The Astral: Ruthlessness
    Description: Floating damage increase by (x)%
    Its purpose: Expanding the minimum and maximum damage boundries

    The explanation:

    1) Minimum and maximum damage boundries:
    What exactly do we understand under these concepts? At any point in the game your Physical and Magical attack are always linked to a minimum and maximum amount of damage that will be used for the damage calculations. The easiest way to explain this will prolly be by an example so that' exactly what I'll do.
    Let's say that for this example we have an attack power of 100. (This to make percentages even more clear and easy to understand)
    In general we can say that there is a 20% fluctuation take into account that infect this damage so:
    Atk power 100 , 20% fluctuation = 20, this means your minimum damage = 100-20=80 and your maximum damage = 100+20=120
    These 2 values are the maximum and minimum damage boundries.

    How the astral works:
    As said before, this astral is meant to expand your minimum and maximum damage boundry. To keep it easy and for clarifying puposes only we're gonna apply 10% as our floating damage increase
    So, again with our previous example:
    Our minimum damage = 80
    Our maximum damage = 120
    These boundries are both expanded by 10%:
    Minimum damage 80 will decrease bij 10%(10% of 80=8): 80-8=72 resulting in 72 as our new min damage boundry.
    Maximum damage 12 will increase bij 10%(10% of 120=12): 120-12=132 resulting in 132 as our new min damage boundry.

    So we can see that maximum damage increased more in comparisson to our minimum damage. This is also what makes it rewarding to use the astral instead of just leaving it to pure luck as others presume.
    Quick overvieuw to back this up with the numbers:
    The original boundries min 80 and max 120 are both 20% increase/decrease of our atk dam of 100
    The new boundries with the Ruthlessness astral are: Max 132: 32% increase of our atk dam of 100 and Min 72: 28% decrease of our atk damage of 100

    This will conclude the guide for now. Hopefully everything is clear to everythong and should there be more questions I will gladly help anyone out.

    I will update this guide further with a section on how/why and what for this astral can be used best later on as well.

    Thanks for your time.
    Serenity
    13
    Yes
    61.54%
    8
    No
    38.46%
    5

  • #2
    Hmm... And for what that many words...
    If you have flotin astro orange v3 you get 21% floting dmg.
    This mean your oryginal dmg 90%-110% is changing to 69%-131%. And this is all, what we need to know.

    _________


    Crit Mage 80v
    ~135k Br


    _________


    Comment


    • #3
      Good job Anata, Seems I needed more words cuz you still got it wrong...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Dekikker View Post
        Good job Anata, Seems I needed more words cuz you still got it wrong...
        I got it wrong? ... I dont think soo...

        _________


        Crit Mage 80v
        ~135k Br


        _________


        Comment


        • #5
          imo it doesnt work that way..

          there is a default floating damage of 10% already.. now with a ruthlessness astral of 7%(lvl1 orange) w/c states that floating damage will expand by 7%.. so thats 17% floating damage

          in your eample of 100 damage that would be 83 - 117 damage..

          Comment


          • #6
            Finally somebody explained this heck of an Astral. I tried to understand its concept. Just for curiosity's sake, if one has 4000 PATK, what would be the min and max damage?
            In-game problems? File a ticket ! |
            Please use Search button before opening a new topic!
            "They thought I'll never return. But now I pushed one step further.
            I am back. I am the Lion that roars throughout the night."





            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by leonidasRO View Post
              Finally somebody explained this heck of an Astral. I tried to understand its concept. Just for curiosity's sake, if one has 4000 PATK, what would be the min and max damage?
              For wb? 4000/2= 2000 so your flothing base dmg you can hit 1800-2200.

              _________


              Crit Mage 80v
              ~135k Br


              _________


              Comment


              • #8
                can anyone calculate what it would do if you have:

                10000 patk
                100% CRIT rate
                +25% Crit Dmg
                +21% Float Dmg

                what would the damage range come out as?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by anichaos View Post
                  can anyone calculate what it would do if you have:

                  10000 patk
                  100% CRIT rate
                  +25% Crit Dmg
                  +21% Float Dmg

                  what would the damage range come out as?
                  Base dmg is 10000/2*1.31 = 6500
                  Crit
                  6500*1.75 = 11375
                  One thing- crit rate is chance for crit strike - depends of crit stat. You need 5k crit for 100% chance
                  Base crit bonus is 50%+ determination

                  _________


                  Crit Mage 80v
                  ~135k Br


                  _________


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I am not familiar with previous calcs

                    What's the 1.31 for?

                    And yes, I know you need 5k crit for 100% chance, I was just checking to see what damage you'll get if you get a crit (so I simply asked for a 100% crit rate dmg range)

                    How is the +25% crit dmg and +21% float dmg from Astrals calculated?

                    Like...

                    Normal Crit Dmg + 25% crit dmg, than calc +21% float into it

                    or

                    Normal Crit Dmg calc +21% float, than add in +25% Crit Dmg

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by anichaos View Post
                      I am not familiar with previous calcs

                      What's the 1.31 for?

                      And yes, I know you need 5k crit for 100% chance, I was just checking to see what damage you'll get if you get a crit (so I simply asked for a 100% crit rate dmg range)

                      How is the +25% crit dmg and +21% float dmg from Astrals calculated?

                      Like...

                      Normal Crit Dmg + 25% crit dmg, than calc +21% float into it

                      or

                      Normal Crit Dmg calc +21% float, than add in +25% Crit Dmg
                      Ehh... If without floting astro you can make 110% dmg,with that astro you can make max 131%, this is that 1.31.
                      Crit dmg is extra dmg of normal, so 1st you take max normal with floting and then * crit base
                      Let me show you that one more time. If you have 10000 patk...
                      (10000/2)*1.31 = 6500 max base/normal dmg
                      Then if you have 25% from determination your crit base Bonus is 75%
                      6500*1.75=11375 max dmg with floting and crit
                      Last edited by miQQQs; 06-01-2013, 04:20 PM.

                      _________


                      Crit Mage 80v
                      ~135k Br


                      _________


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        O, I see, thanks, I get it now, LOL

                        so it calcs in Float first before it calcs in Crit Dmg (astrals)

                        That's kinda interesting.

                        Float + Crit Dmg = 11375
                        Float only = 9750
                        Crit Dmg only = 9625
                        Regular Crit = 8250

                        It's a 3000 dmg difference if you have both astrals.

                        Kinda makes me think of all those ppls that says Float is useless and never gets them (even if they have +25% crit dmg astral) are missing out on a lot more damage.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by anichaos View Post
                          O, I see, thanks, I get it now, LOL

                          so it calcs in Float first before it calcs in Crit Dmg (astrals)

                          That's kinda interesting.

                          Float + Crit Dmg = 11375
                          Float only = 9750
                          Crit Dmg only = 9625
                          Regular Crit = 8250

                          It's a 3000 dmg difference if you have both astrals.

                          Kinda makes me think of all those ppls that says Float is useless and never gets them (even if they have +25% crit dmg astral) are missing out on a lot more damage.
                          Float only = 6500
                          Yeah but you think you always get more with this astro... You are wrong
                          Even without floating astro 6/10 hits are <100%, 2/10 are >100% and another 2 close to 100%...
                          Now with floating astro you get not only more but less to...
                          Yeah if you have luck you get 125-130% 1/10 but more times you get less, what mean you can hit 69%.
                          From my and friends exp, you hit less then 100% most of time, so at the end floating astro is ussless.

                          _________


                          Crit Mage 80v
                          ~135k Br


                          _________


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I thought Float only calc is this

                            10000 / 2 = 5000

                            5000 x 1.31 = 6550

                            6550 x 1.50 = 9825 (came out more than what I had earlier, lol oops)


                            I am talking about Crit Dmg with and without astrals, one of them, or both.


                            Not sure on the % of dmg done per hit, I might try and record them down next time I am on WB (can't right now, can't log in)

                            Right now I have 6500 patk, 1100 crit, +12% crit dmg. (level 48 archer on level 50 WB)
                            Last edited by anichaos; 06-01-2013, 07:12 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by anichaos View Post
                              I thought Float only calc is this

                              10000 / 2 = 5000

                              5000 x 1.31 = 6550

                              6550 x 1.50 = 9825 (came out more than what I had earlier, lol oops)


                              I am talking about Crit Dmg with and without astrals, one of them, or both.


                              Not sure on the % of dmg done per hit, I might try and record them down next time I am on WB (can't right now, can't log in)

                              Right now I have 6500 patk, 1100 crit, +12% crit dmg. (level 48 archer on level 50 WB)
                              Your choice...floating astro is optional to equip and based on luck...I try it 3x on wb, then just put my 4v flo at one of my astros...0 diference or even less profits

                              _________


                              Crit Mage 80v
                              ~135k Br


                              _________


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X