Archer -> AP Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archer -> AP Build

So.. I can't seem to find any guide or discussion on an armour pierce build archer. I saw in another thread some very loose discussion about it, but not the info I was hoping to find.

How viable is an armour pierce build? I'm assuming it would be pointless without a pve set? What skills support this build best? arrow and bloodthirsty? What level would be a good choice to change from a lunatic starting archer to a AP spammer? Or is it not a good idea in the first place?

Hoping to generate some discussion or a heads up in the direction of some serious discussion regarding this type of build. Also, wondering if anyone has some 'unusual yet effective' builds for 60+ archers?

Thanks in advance,
    TOKE
    Last edited by JayBlank; 06-13-2013, 12:07 AM.
    TOKE on S209 Featherstorm
    Lvl 62 Archer
    'Class Wars Finalist'
    -- GM of â€*FAITHâ€* --
    194/204/209/218

I am not sure.

But most Archers on my server have never gotten Armor Pierce (they all say it isn't really that good, going by the fact it only reduce 100 Physical Defense - whereas PvP set reduce by 1500+)
    Even with "Stack, it means you need to waste up to 4 round for just -400 on a target, which would also require a hefty amount of rage usage)

However, some other players on the forum commented in a Talent placement, that Armor Pierce does have some use (for what, I do not know)

But yea, to use a lot of 35+ rage skills, it's best to have PvE set for Rage Regn, otherwise you need to have an extremely high Crit Rate to ensure you will crit on every ArrowStrike and Lunatic for fast Rage Regn (instead of just getting 5 every 1~2 round)

Also, another issue is the Icendiary Shot, I heard some players says it's awesome, however players on my server talked about it before.
    And come to the conclusion that it isn't really useable unless groups of target are in a Square formation (if they're in Triangle, this skill does nothing and just hits one target)

Comment

AP is only worth it with a pve set up. Say you are fighting in a 1v1 battleground, first skill could be lunatic, and then ap, ap, possibly another ap, depending on crits, against a player at the back i think its well worth it

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
        I am not sure.

But most Archers on my server have never gotten Armor Pierce (they all say it isn't really that good, going by the fact it only reduce 100 Physical Defense - whereas PvP set reduce by 1500+)
        Even with "Stack, it means you need to waste up to 4 round for just -400 on a target, which would also require a hefty amount of rage usage)

However, some other players on the forum commented in a Talent placement, that Armor Pierce does have some use (for what, I do not know)

But yea, to use a lot of 35+ rage skills, it's best to have PvE set for Rage Regn, otherwise you need to have an extremely high Crit Rate to ensure you will crit on every ArrowStrike and Lunatic for fast Rage Regn (instead of just getting 5 every 1~2 round)

Also, another issue is the Icendiary Shot, I heard some players says it's awesome, however players on my server talked about it before.
        And come to the conclusion that it isn't really useable unless groups of target are in a Square formation (if they're in Triangle, this skill does nothing and just hits one target)
        You play on Noob server if ppl say that.
        -100 def? You want bulid ap setup with v1 skill? Good...** Hehe
        I have ap tree and works perfect on GA and BG. As df bf and ap maxed on 59v +scatter v2. I dont need ms becouse i use only as/ap/bf and feel good
        Making hybrid tree with luni and df/ap is wrong becouse you cant use this skill maxed...
        But i dont need To teach you guys, my ppl know that and thats all what i need

_________

Crit Mage 80v
        ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Assuming for PVP only, this would probably be the skill set for lv 60, assuming you want Bloodthirsty Strike too...
          Click image for larger version

Name:	OqtbSpA.png
Views:	1
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	1670342

The goal or object of the build, is to constantly use Armor Piercer to kill the opposing Archer/Mage. Completely igoring the troops.

So starting with 100 rage, having access to rage rune(Gonna be harder to get this now) and then once the player is down, constantly use Arrow Strike on their troops to build your rage back up for the next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
            Assuming for PVP only, this would probably be the skill set for lv 60, assuming you want Bloodthirsty Strike too...
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]44250[/ATTACH]

The goal or object of the build, is to constantly use Armor Piercer to kill the opposing Archer/Mage. Completely igoring the troops.

So starting with 100 rage, having access to rage rune(Gonna be harder to get this now) and then once the player is down, constantly use Arrow Strike on their troops to build your rage back up for the next fight.
            Ty Elusion, and others for input. This is something like what i was thinking but now with the new rune system i'm not sure when i'll have an appropriate rage rune lvl for the start rage needed to make this build strong.
            TOKE on S209 Featherstorm
            Lvl 62 Archer
            'Class Wars Finalist'
            -- GM of â€*FAITHâ€* --
            194/204/209/218

Comment

Originally posted by JayBlank View Post
              Ty Elusion, and others for input. This is something like what i was thinking but now with the new rune system i'm not sure when i'll have an appropriate rage rune lvl for the start rage needed to make this build strong.
              You dont need rage runes...with good crit and 100 rage what is not problem on bg you can make 4x ap, then as and again ap If you need...0 problems with runes for me.
              And yeah this is nice setup but i dont use ms on this setup so i dont have it even on 1/5

_________

Crit Mage 80v
              ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
                You dont need rage runes...with good crit and 100 rage what is not problem on bg you can make 4x ap, then as and again ap If you need...0 problems with runes for me.
                And yeah this is nice setup but i dont use ms on this setup so i dont have it even on 1/5
                Yeah, I'd personally ditch it and get Incediary to max myself if I was an archer, so it could be my DT/Den build as well as PVP build.

And, regarding rage, eh, I've fought an Archer in PVE gear, managed to outlast his rage.. using Restoration and Blessed Light to keep alive, he eventually won but he had to rage build inbetween APs at the end lol (PVE gear) so I assume if they could last long enough, you could lose rage and lose the edge if you were in PVP gear, hence the whole rage rune back up thing

Comment

What if we're talking about players without Cash Clothing?

The max you start out is 30 Rage with PvP set.

0 Rage with PvE set.

I don't think you can generate enough rage to use only as/ap/bf

plus

Making hybrid tree with luni and df/ap is wrong becouse you cant use this skill maxed...
                  Not everyone have Double Skills.... it's required for non-cashers to Hybrid tree if they actually want to do anything.

Lunitic is required for AoE (archer's main AoE)
                  Deep Freeze and Scatter Shot is required in Multiplayer Dungeons
                  BloodFrenzy is not as required, but very useful in PvP (since Deep Freeze at times doesn't seem to make player lose a turn, especially in Arenas)

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                    Yeah, I'd personally ditch it and get Incediary to max myself if I was an archer, so it could be my DT/Den build as well as PVP build.

And, regarding rage, eh, I've fought an Archer in PVE gear, managed to outlast his rage.. using Restoration and Blessed Light to keep alive, he eventually won but he had to rage build inbetween APs at the end lol (PVE gear) so I assume if they could last long enough, you could lose rage and lose the edge if you were in PVP gear, hence the whole rage rune back up thing
                    I'm 59 archer so i dont have is on this setup...i dont need it and till i vUp for dt i can maxed ic.
                    But right now full ap/bf and 2/3 ss setup works fine. If I crit as well,mages call me cheater when i kill him in 3 shots this is not my fould if I hit 3x 15k and this is limit...Hehe

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                    ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Im currently lvl 59, around 20% till 60. I have 2x lvl 4 clothing and a lvl 5. So in PvP set i have 65 start rage, but in PvE i will only have 35 start rage. Without using rage runes? where is this proposed 100ap coming from? *confused* (current pvp setup: skills are all maxed, arrow/ms/luna/delph(80rage)/bloodthirsty)

note: I also have double tree available (currently setup with maxed df/ss/bt/poison/arrow)
                      PROJECT TOKE
                      FEATHERSTORM

Comment

Originally posted by TokeMage View Post
                        Im currently lvl 59, around 20% till 60. I have 2x lvl 4 clothing and a lvl 5. So in PvP set i have 65 start rage, but in PvE i will only have 35 start rage. Without using rage runes? where is this proposed 100ap coming from? *confused* (current pvp setup: skills are all maxed, arrow/ms/luna/delph(80rage)/bloodthirsty)

note: I also have double tree available (currently setup with maxed df/ss/bt/poison/arrow)
                        Battlegrounds, first fight can be a rage builder or if you can end a fight with high rage, great!
                        Because after the first fight, you should then be able to win using Armor Piercer and end up with hopefully 100 rage at the end.
                        Rage runes are for back up purposes.

My experience, Lunatic builds fail in PVP because you're relying on luck. This is why I ditched being an archer early on (Not knowing about AP) Too much luck from Multi Shot and Arrow Strike to consistantly hit a player, lead to me losing every match against mages.

Comment

Working...
                        X