Mage Skills DPSecond & DPRage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mage Skills DPSecond & DPRage

I'm only a level 36 mage, but I don't see a guide about this, so I will post this with intention of updating it when I reach level 40.

I shouldn't have to tell you the importance of high Damage per Second tactics. What may be less obvious is the damage per rage and damage per battle rating. The first Video game I played was Final Fantasy 8. The final boss took an hour to beat, and that was with the best magics, best weapons, and sometimes even with cheat codes. This games is nothing like that. In this game any battle that lasts more than 120 seconds is a long battle. World Boss Battle rounds only last 17 seconds. Thus the amount of damage you an unleash in a short time decides if you win or loose. The cool down time is well documented for the attacks, but the undocumented charge up time, the time between selecting the attack and when it happens, can be more important.

The damage done by each skill is a % of your Matk power + a fixed amount - the defense of the target. My current Matk power is 2510 and I have used this as a basis for calculating the dps of each skill.

Heart Elemental (HE): When maxed out this will give you an extra 2 rage every time you hit an enemy. Rage it the #1 most valuable thing to have in battle so make this skill priority #1. I'm going to assume you have this at level 2. This is a passive ability, so max it out and forget it.

Mana Master (MM): This boosts you Matk power. Lvl 1 is a 5% boost, lvl 2 is 10%, lvl 3 is 15%. I probably should have leveled this more than I did as it boosts every thing.

Lightning Bolt (LB): You will be using this single target attack a lot. It's your basic rage building attack that gives you 8 rage each time you use it. Some people dismiss basic attacks, but you use so often, you really should max this skill out. Make it priority #2. This attack has a 6 second charge time, and 1 second cool down allowing it to strike 7 or 8 seconds. I can get up to 357 dps just with this attack. I can unleash 2 in 14 seconds, unleashing the 3rd requires 22 seconds, meaning that in a round with the World Boss, you typically get shots, but sometimes I squeeze in a third

Reign of Fire (RoF): Your first all target attack, and I think your best one. I recommend it as Priority #3. It consumes 16 rage, but since it counts as two strikes per target, you get back 4 rage per target. This means that if you hit 4 enemies, you receive the same amount of rage you consume. It has an 8 second charge time and a 10 second cool down allowing repeat use every 19 seconds. I don't recommend using this on less than 2 enemies. These numbers assume you have the QTE boost athe maximum level. If you do not succeed in QTE, not only is the attack weaker, but the charge time is 10 seconds long.
    1 Target: DPS=218 DPR=345 Rage Balance=-12
    2 Targets: DPS=436 DPR=1,035 Rage Balance=-8
    3 Targets: DPS=654 DPR=3,106 Rage Balance=-4
    4 Targets: DPS=872DPR=Infinite Rage Balance=0
    5 Targets: DPS=1,090 DPR=Infinite+ Rage Balance=+4
    6 Targets: DPS=1,308 DPR=Infinite+ Rage Balance=+8
    Because of the substantial cool down time, you get better dps in a RoF+LB+LB combo. This combo takes 23 seconds and will give you a positive rage balance even with one target.
    1 Target: DPS=428 DPR=Infinite+ Rage Balance=+4
    2 Targets: DPS=608 DPR=Infinite+ Rage Balance=+8
    3 Targets: DPS=789 DPR=Infinite+ Rage Balance=+12
    4 Targets: DPS=969 DPR=Infinite+ Rage Balance=+16
    5 Targets: DPS=1,149 DPR=Infinite+ Rage Balance=+20
    6 Targets: DPS=1,329 DPR=Infinite+ Rage Balance=+24
    World Boss: A single RoF+LB is possible in 17 Seconds but RoF does poorly against a single target, so you are better off with 2 LB.

Delphic Thunder Frenzy (DTF): The Good: This counts a 3 strikes per enemy so you receive 6 rage for each enemy it strikes and is fairly powerful as an individual attack. The Bad: It consumes a whopping 70 rage, takes 10 seconds to charge, the attack itself lasts 6 seconds, and only hits the front row targets. It's primary purpose seems to be to impress noobs. It impressed me until I did the numbers. It has a 60 second cool down time, but you won't care, as it takes at least 7.7 LB to recharge the rage consumed for a total cycle time of at least 71 seconds. Battles rarely last more than 60 seconds. You need to get to level 1 to unlock Thunderer, so do that and forget it.
    1 Target: DPS=423 Requires 9.3 LB to recharge rage with 82 second cycle time
    2 Targets: DPS=531 Requires 8.5 LB to recharge rage with 77 second cycle time
    3 Targets: DPS=655 Requires 7.7 LB to recharge rage with 71 second cycle time

Thunderer (T): This is a potent single target consumes 50 rage, counts as a single hit giving you a balance of -48 rage. Max level would deliver 8,247 damage for me. It has a 10 second charge time, and 2 second cool down for a complete cycle of 13 seconds. If your rage is 98 or higher, you can use it twice in a row, but works better in conjunction with LB. Make it priority #4.
    2 Thunderers can deliver 637 DPS across 23 seconds.
    A T>LB>T>LB combo delivers 634 DPS and 278 DPR across 35 seconds leaving a balance of -80 rage
    A continuous cycle needs 6 LB per T, delivers 479 DPS, and takes 53 seconds.
    World Boss: A combo of 1T + 1LB gives a punch of about 150% of 2 LB. It takes 17 or 18 seconds to unleash, so you have to be quick on the draw for it to work, though later rounds can sometimes give you a chance for a second LB.

Restoration (R): Some people go the healing mage rout, I don't think it works well in this game. The skill consumes 35 rage, has an 8 second charge time, and 15 second cool down. It does not count as hitting the target, so no rage is earned. It requires 4.4 LB to reach a 0 rage balance. If you count healing as part of your DPS, this LB & R combo delivers 371 DPS and requires 40 seconds. In a 120 second battle, you will get to repeat this cycle 3 times. If your rage is full from the beginning, the add 2 more times. I have been in this situations this skill has save the day. I was a mage tank once (Not Recommended!), once our tank was the lowest level player on the team, and once the team was just up against targets just barely weak enough for us. In these situations Restoration save the day and thus I put it as Priority #5. To do the healing thing real effectively in really tough battles, you need at least 2 healing mages. It just takes too long to complete an LB&R cycle to be useful otherwise.

Meteoric Destroyer (MD): Similar to RoF, but more rage expensive. It costs 30 rage, and counts as 2 hits, so you get back 4 rage per target. Even with 6 targets, your rage balance is -6 rage. It has an 8 second charge time and 15 second cool down. Don't use on less than 2 targets. Complete cycle time is 24 seconds. Unlike RoF, I cannot do a continuous cycle or MD & LB + the occasional healing spell until the cows come home. For this reason I do not see usefulness in this skill except to unlock the next skill. Even when maxed out, this skill is weaker than RoF.
    1 Target: DPS=160 DPR=148 Rage Balance=-26
    2 Targets: DPS=320 DPR=349 Rage Balance=-22
    3 Targets: DPS=481 DPR=641 Rage Balance=-18
    4 Targets: DPS=641 DPR=1,098 Rage Balance=-14
    5 Targets: DPS=801 DPR=1,922 Rage Balance=-10
    6 Targets: DPS=961 DPR=3,844 Rage Balance=-6
    With 6 targets, a MB&LB combo achieves a +2 rage balance.
    1 Target: DPS=419 DPR=372 Rage Balance=-18
    2 Targets: DPS=659 DPR=753 Rage Balance=-14
    3 Targets: DPS=899 DPR=1,439 Rage Balance=-10
    4 Targets: DPS=1,140 DPR=3,039 Rage Balance=-6
    5 Targets: DPS=1,380 DPR=11,039 Rage Balance=-2
    6 Targets: DPS=1,620 DPR=Infinite+ Rage Balance=+2
    World Boss: A LB+MD combo will work on the World Boss, but is weaker than 2 LB.

Suntoria: This may work better as HP level go up. It is cheaper on the rage, and can be cycled faster, but as of lvl 35, it isn't very useful.

Purification (P): I haven't unlocked this, but I have never had a negative buff serious enough to see the value of dumping 20 rage on it. It would take 30 seconds to build up the rage to use it, +at least 6 seconds to charge it, I'm not sure it is worth anything but for unlocking the next skill.

Blessed Light (BL): I haven't unlocked this, but at 60 rage consumption & 60 seconds of cool down, you might be able to use it twice in a battle that I have seen. I'll tell more when I have actually used it.

Delphic Hell Thunder: I haven't unlocked this either, but the attack is expensive. 100 rage consumed and only half again as powerful as RoF. This really sounds like a bad deal to me unless you only have one shot to win.
    Last edited by R217834771; 06-19-2013, 07:44 PM. Reason: Data Update
    I'm a teen of the 80's. Our childhood heroes did crack, screamed a lot, and bit the heads off live bats on stage. Dancing with the devil under the pale moon light was for Hollyweird pansies like Jack Nicholson. We re-invented Molon Labe before it was cool. If my attitude scares you, it cause you are a child of 30 or less or a spineless Baby Boomer. Please grow up.

Interesting Guide you sure know lots for level 35 >_<

Comment

I'll be interested to see what you make of things once you get you mitts on a rage armour set...
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritombz View Post
        Interesting Guide you sure know lots for level 35 >_<
        Spreadsheets are power tools.
        I'm a teen of the 80's. Our childhood heroes did crack, screamed a lot, and bit the heads off live bats on stage. Dancing with the devil under the pale moon light was for Hollyweird pansies like Jack Nicholson. We re-invented Molon Labe before it was cool. If my attitude scares you, it cause you are a child of 30 or less or a spineless Baby Boomer. Please grow up.

Comment

I have made a level 36 update. Silly me forgot the skill calculator on the homepage will give me the numbers on the fully updated versions of each skill.

Comment

ok first of all did u know that mage have been recorded to have the fastest clearing time in catacombs?
            am a lv 39 mage with 4988 matk nd 14790 br. am a healer mage of cos and already in lv 47 of catacombs(non-casher). From lv 43 of catacombs my troops were just meat for the monsters but i still defeated the lv 45 boss even if my gryphons were long gone . My point is 'restoration' is a mages best friend why be a mage if u can't or don't heal????
            IGN: Frenzone
            PLAYER TYPE: NON-CASHER AND NO VIP ( LOL )
            LEVEL: 67
            BATTLE RATING: 113k
            CLASS TYPE: EWD MAGE

Comment

anyway....its a pretty awesome guide.so thnx
              IGN: Frenzone
              PLAYER TYPE: NON-CASHER AND NO VIP ( LOL )
              LEVEL: 67
              BATTLE RATING: 113k
              CLASS TYPE: EWD MAGE

Comment

Working...
              X