Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Tormented Necro as a Mage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tormented Necro as a Mage

Hi All,

I have a lvl 63 Mage that has 64.5K BR with 200% BW.

I feel that I am struggling too much with Necro and have been searching for guides on the net for some time that are specific to this dungeon. At the moment I can get to lvl 8, but I am sure I should be going much higher and I am wondering what I am doing wrong. any advice on Skills, Astral etc for the 7+ bosses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thunder and bolt is all you need, and pray for slow effect. Optionally resto/suntoria, it might save you a turn or two.
    Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
    Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

just a little bump

Comment

Read above?

Comment

Can it be done without thunderer? Reason I'm asking is I will have to reskill for vouchers since I do not have thunderer in any of my two skill trees, and I'd rather not have to spend 2k vouchers.
          [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
          [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Its much, much harder without thunder as you're pretty much doing twice less damage due to no slow effect on the boss.

How do you not have thunder in either skill tree? At 62 you can have 4/5 rof and 3/4 meteor AND 2/2 BL, so your heal tree can be used for GA and anything where you need aoe, so the other tree can have thunder for WB and other solo stuff.

I'm using these two builds (plus one skill point at 64):
            http://wartunecalc.ucoz.com/index.ht...30440003232233
            http://wartunecalc.ucoz.com/index.ht...30553403230100
            Last edited by d07.RiV; 10-13-2013, 01:37 PM.

Comment

I've been prioritizing maxing RoF Meteor and LB for the "regular" build and then the heal tree has full meteor and damnation. However your suggestion seems good.
              [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
              [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Now there is something I have never thought of doing by taking our Meteoric - although that does lower your AoE for Bg's substantially.....

Comment

Well last points in lb/rof/meteor are very minor and can always wait until 64/66/68. I don't like damnation at all, unless you're running with people that have substantially higher BR.

I tried thunder build in BGs some time ago, it only works if you can take out troops in 2 RoFs, otherwise you'd have big trouble against archers. I prefer running rof/meteor/resto/BL, its not as good vs mages but is OP against archers/knights as you nullify their luna/ww. Just gotta have pve and build up some rage on guards first.

Comment

Working...
                  X