Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

[GUIDE] Mage Class: EWD or Crit? - A comparative Guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
    iris crit heal on 29k heal my matk 17.3k so its not like that :/
    I'm not talking about the amount healed, I'm talking about the crit% chance.

Comment

Hello, maybe i'll say something stupid but someone have to do it. About the relation crit-BR i'm wondering which test you did to get to this conclusion, i mean, you notice a decrease on your crit rate but it's cause your BR has raise or the BR of your oponents is higher than before? I know this may sound ridiculous but in time to time i like to equip my snipers and determination to do MPs, BG and Arena (lets be honest, sometimes i forgot to swich after WB and go like this into BG, arena). I didn't try it enought to get a solid evidence but as lower my enemy BR more i crit, and not just a little more, it goes from do 0 crits in a very long fight agains people more or less my BR to oneshot the whole enemy team with a Rain of Fire doing 4 of the 6 hits crit.

Again, it's just how it looks to me for now, ofc it could be pure coincidence but i would like to know if you tested it lowering/raising your BR agains the same target.

Thanks for the guide, obviously ewd build is more solid than crit and more tanky allowing you be more helpfull in MPs and not have any weak point no matter which class is in front of you, however the keyword here is "fun" and FUN > ALL!! crit rules!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cacuga View Post
        Hello, maybe i'll say something stupid but someone have to do it. About the relation crit-BR i'm wondering which test you did to get to this conclusion, i mean, you notice a decrease on your crit rate but it's cause your BR has raise or the BR of your oponents is higher than before? I know this may sound ridiculous but in time to time i like to equip my snipers and determination to do MPs, BG and Arena (lets be honest, sometimes i forgot to swich after WB and go like this into BG, arena). I didn't try it enought to get a solid evidence but as lower my enemy BR more i crit, and not just a little more, it goes from do 0 crits in a very long fight agains people more or less my BR to oneshot the whole enemy team with a Rain of Fire doing 4 of the 6 hits crit.

Again, it's just how it looks to me for now, ofc it could be pure coincidence but i would like to know if you tested it lowering/raising your BR agains the same target.

Thanks for the guide, obviously ewd build is more solid than crit and more tanky allowing you be more helpfull in MPs and not have any weak point no matter which class is in front of you, however the keyword here is "fun" and FUN > ALL!! crit rules!!
        I also noticed this... The weaker the enemy (pvp), the more I crit...

This theory will only be invalid if a high br crit class would also crit less in pve aspects of the game too.

Because if high br needs high crit to crit more - it should apply not only in pvp, but also in pve.

Comment

this are the screen shot, of my mage. with the setups as given above. How ever, my problems are, if I got encountered with archer, I am easily be dead. picture nt included, unlike blader/knights you can see lvl 50 i almost defeat just a matter of sec, last hit. And also the dodge I cannot protect my self with.
          For the second thought, I am planning to add my astral with will destroyer, and Ensheildment dropping my Matk and Pdef. My question for you guys is. Can I mixed this setup, this will not disable my crit set? I have only 4 slot for astral. My gear are only limited slots for gems of one each. and also a non-casher.Click image for larger version

Name:	ralph 2.png
Views:	1
Size:	543.7 KB
ID:	1678265Click image for larger version

Name:	ralph dav.png
Size:	471.5 KB
ID:	1678266Click image for larger version

Name:	ralph4.png
Size:	597.3 KB
ID:	1678267

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ralph1.png
Size:	742.0 KB
ID:	1678268Click image for larger version

Name:	ralph3.png
Size:	806.2 KB
ID:	1678269

Comment

I am now lvl 45, and wanted to build this hero in good, Because before I have another mage, after reaching 44, I only having the br of 16k. and very weak of attack and healin, by the way my healing power is absolutely ****. my skill setting also here follows please advise for correction, you advises sirs mam highly appreciated thank you.Click image for larger version

Name:	ralph6.png
Size:	513.3 KB
ID:	1678270

Comment

No wonder it's terrible when you haven't even maxed Healing Empowerment, you have 1/3 Suntoria and you're wasting skill points on Damnation and Delphic Thunder Frenzy.
                [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
                [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Originally posted by darrylch View Post
                  100k astral xp away from sniper 8. Reason i prefer crit over EWD? It's more fun, nets way more gold from wb and i save the trouble of switching astrals all the time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62249[/ATTACH]
                  Sigh I would have ur Sniper and Determination for WB .. as mine still Lv 6 and 7 ... As for MPD I use EWD lv 8 ...

Comment

Originally posted by R234468146 View Post
                    this are the screen shot, of my mage. with the setups as given above. How ever, my problems are, if I got encountered with archer, I am easily be dead. picture nt included, unlike blader/knights you can see lvl 50 i almost defeat just a matter of sec, last hit. And also the dodge I cannot protect my self with.
                    For the second thought, I am planning to add my astral with will destroyer, and Ensheildment dropping my Matk and Pdef. My question for you guys is. Can I mixed this setup, this will not disable my crit set? I have only 4 slot for astral. My gear are only limited slots for gems of one each. and also a non-casher.[ATTACH=CONFIG]64031[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]64032[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]64033[/ATTACH]
                    Well if u use Will Destroyer and Sniper Edge at the same time .. No critical will happen ... Why u want to drop MATK and PDEF replace it for EWD and BLOCK ... I would rather to have MATK PDEF MDEF and EWD at ur level, if go to 50, I'll add HP for my main ... but for WB I would use only MATK Sniper Edge and Determination Only ...

You dead easily from Archer b'coz it is natural ... Archer defeat Mage. Mage defeat Knight, Knight defeat Archer ... but also u can defeat archer when ur stat arise and archers don't Crit ...

Just build ur char first .. Spend time get PVE 50, u'll boost fast ...

Comment

Originally posted by R234468146 View Post
                      I am now lvl 45, and wanted to build this hero in good, Because before I have another mage, after reaching 44, I only having the br of 16k. and very weak of attack and healin, by the way my healing power is absolutely ****. my skill setting also here follows please advise for correction, you advises sirs mam highly appreciated thank you.[ATTACH=CONFIG]64036[/ATTACH]
                      At ur level I would rather avoid Delpic, thunderer, damnation ... So I will use 4 point to increase passive skill healing to lv 2, MD lv 1, Puri lv 1, Bless lv 1 .. It is usefull for MPD ...

By the way, the amount of healing depends on ur MATK ... so u must build ur MATK, from ur Astral, Guild Skill, Academy, Mount Train n' etc

Comment

ALSO, with sylphs, u will need Pdef AND Mdef. Best to have both. Crit reduces ur astrals by taking up 2 slots.... better to have ewd and leave extra slot open for whatever you want. Crit also reduces your gem slots if you use crit gems, once again you have to take out either a def or hp. Crit is just a pain unless you can cash enough to make up the difference.
                        Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

What if you just ditch those astrals which gives br? Like pdef and mdef astral? Switching into them illusion and deflection?

Your br would be lower, which means you will crit more often, as well, there will be a chance to evade high damage (like the SS of Apollo)...

And since your defenses have become low, and you'd equipped deflection, you'll received high damage, but then you'll deflect more damage...

You might as well ditch the block astral, and replace it with regeneration (heals __% of your damage)... If your damage crits (which is high), you'll also receive a high amount of healing if this astral procs..

Just retain the HP astral, so that you'll heal more with suntoria, and since you crit a lot, you'll also crit heal a lot...

So for a level 60 mage, the astrals would be: matk, hp, illusion, deflection, sniper, and determination... if you level 70, equip a regeneration astral... That way, your br is lower, so you will crit more, as well has having a 70% chance to survive (noting the astral proc and the crit heal proc)... 70% chance of survival makes it challenging, which means "fun"...

Nice idea, right?

Comment

Thanks for dropping you answers, I eventually doing and try to rebuild my stats. thank you again

Comment

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
                              What if you just ditch those astrals which gives br? Like pdef and mdef astral? Switching into them illusion and deflection?

Your br would be lower, which means you will crit more often, as well, there will be a chance to evade high damage (like the SS of Apollo)...

And since your defenses have become low, and you'd equipped deflection, you'll received high damage, but then you'll deflect more damage...

You might as well ditch the block astral, and replace it with regeneration (heals __% of your damage)... If your damage crits (which is high), you'll also receive a high amount of healing if this astral procs..

Just retain the HP astral, so that you'll heal more with suntoria, and since you crit a lot, you'll also crit heal a lot...

So for a level 60 mage, the astrals would be: matk, hp, illusion, deflection, sniper, and determination... if you level 70, equip a regeneration astral... That way, your br is lower, so you will crit more, as well has having a 70% chance to survive (noting the astral proc and the crit heal proc)... 70% chance of survival makes it challenging, which means "fun"...

Nice idea, right?
                              let me know how that works out for you
                              Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
                                Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post

I do not have a mage.. I'm a knight, and I also introduced this idea on the other thread... I was just amazed as Jacko's mage which critics a lot and oftenly dodges...
                                Though I plan to use this idea on my knight when I get to 60 with - patk, block, sniper, determination, illusion, and regeneration... I can now have a level 7 illusion and level 5 regeneration (both yellow) the moment I get to 60... (i already reserved another will destroyer and goddess blessing to feed it back if these theory goes bad in a long run... haha)...

Comment

Working...
                                X