Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Simple Mage Guide from level 1-45

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Mage Guide from level 1-45

Changelog:
    12/2/2013
    -5:33 PM: Guide is up! Spent a few days doing this on notepad
    -5:47 PM: Added pictures
    12/3/2013
    -8:17 PM: Edited to fit all suggestions! Thanks guys
    -8:38 PM: Found out that HTML on this website is hella hard to use. I'll add a Table of Contents later.
    12/9/2013
    -6:15 PM: Added a few pics, updated some old ones
    12/11/2013
    -10:14 PM: Yes! Finally got a Enhanced Will Destroyer!
    12/18/2013
    -9:17 PM: Got out of my laziness streak and started work on this again
    -9:17 PM: Got to level 50 today, time to find out all about sylphs!
    1/4/2014
    -4:35 PM: Happy New Year! Got back from vacation.
    -4:35 PM: Updated some stuff

iamop's Mage Guide

Hi there, I'm a level 51 mage playing on Kabam server 28-USWest. I love the mage class since its really fun, and I decided to help out new players that haven't reached level 50 yet.

My character:

Pros:
    High damage output if built correctly
    Devastating AoE damage with 3 AoE damage spells
    Best heals in the game!-the mage has 1 single-target heal and 2 multi-target heals
    Can be built tank or damage, or even hybrid

Cons:
    Super, super squishy- gets wrecked from physical damage if not built correctly
    Catacombs are kinda hard early levels with horrible AoE at early game
    Your sole counter will be the archer- Crits are devastating to you as you are squishy

Different ways to build:
    There are a multitude of ways to build the mage, either as a full-dmg EWD (Enhanced Will Destroyer), full-dmg critmage, or tanky healer mage. I finally got an Enhanced Will Destroyer! (

Here are the guides for each build:

Enhanced Will Destroyer/ Critmage comparison: http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....parative-Guide
    Tanky Healing mage: http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....-healing-mages!

This guide will not focus on any of these builds, but will just give a slight nudge for each build.

Gear
    Oh, everyone gets crazy over gear. Even I do XD. When you start the game, you get the crappy items like Templar Staff and Regalian Robe. Once you get new gear, SELL THE OLD ONES! They're no use to you. If you have a quest that wants you to recycle or refine, save a few items to do just that.

After getting to the higher levels like 20-30, concentrate on saving up insignia for your level 35 PvP set (Soulmasters) Before that, however, get the level 20 Glordion set as it will help you farm up insignia. Completely IGNORE the Lorekeeper set. Just concentrate on the Soulmaster set. After you get that, set your sights on either the Bender set (level 40 PvE set) or the Dakan Master set (level 45 PvP set) I myself like the PvE set, as getting rage really fast is just my style. However, the PvP set is better than PvE because the initial rage minimum is really good, at +30. Also, the +1000 HP boost from Soulmasters can help you survive one more turn. Lastly there's the -1000 MDEF boost, which is basically damage dealt +500.

Enchanting
    Not much to go over, as you will ALWAYS want your equipment to be enchanted to the max level.
    Guide on Luck Stones is here: http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....ng-Luck-Stones

Refining
    I recommend you refine your gear so that you have stats like this: (listed in order of importance)
    Intellect/MATK-Get this as priority if you can survive
    Armor-Get this as priority if you can't survive
    PDEF
    Endurance/HP
    Crit(Only for critmages)
    Charisma- only if your troops are dying fast

Socketing
    This is extremely important, as it gives you a humongous buff and advantage over players without gems.
    Always synthesize your gems to the HIGHEST LEVEL. I recommend you convert everything to either MATK, HP, or PDEF and then synthesize to get the highest level.
    Do NOT use your socketing rods at all. AT ALL. If you really really really really have to use them, I suggest you wait until the 35 PvP set and then use them. I'm probably going to use it on the 45 PvP or the 55 PvP, but I suggest saving them for either the 60 or 70 PvE set as the Legendary status helps you a lot.

Astrals
    Huge hole for gold, right here. Astrals are extremely addictive, as you will keep wanting to use the button and get Chiron. To get the good astrals, I suggest you use the step-ladder method, meaning you keep clicking the first and second until you get the third. After you get the third light, hit the first one and wait till you get the second. Keep doing this until you are at the last one (Chiron) If you absoultely suck at astrals, just try and get the yellow or orange. If you can't even get those, get the blue. NEVER get the green. They suck.

Level up your astrals! Many people just leave them at level 1, and wonder why they suck. You have to level up your astrals to get them to work right!

Mage Astrals goes as follows: (In order of equipping)
    MATK
    PDEF/MDEF-Depends on which you have trouble with, get that first then get the other after
    Enhanced Will Destroyer- OP astral in my opinion, get it if your not going critmage
    Critical- Get this for critmage
    Refined Goddess' Blessing- Not a bad astral
    HP- Non-explanatory

These are my current astrals, not that good.
    Astros

Skills
    If you have money to burn, get the double skills. It's hella useful for either PvP or PvE.

For the average mage, get these skills (These were my skills at level 45)
    Level 4 Lightning Bolt- Main single-target damage spell
    Level 4 Rain of Fire- Main AoE spell
    Level 2 Delphic Thunder Frenzy- Just get it for fun, I doubt you'll ever get 80 rage except in boss fights
    Level 3 Thunderer- Really good spell, the damage is great, not that much of rage needed.
    Level 2 Heart Elemental- ABSOLUTELY NEEDED- Rage buildup on mage is not that great
    Level 1 Mana Master- I need to level this up, you should max it out.
    Level 3 Restoration- Great healing spell
    Level 2 Healing Empowerment- 8% healing and 20%MDEF? AWESOME PASSIVE!
    Level 1 Castinator- 1 is enough, 2% difference isnt that great

After this, get Meteoric Destroyer, Suntoria, Purification, then Blessed Light.

This is typical skillset at level 50

Skills

This is typical skillset at level 80

Skills
    Mounts
    Save your whips! They will come in handy when you unlock mounts. Focus on Intellect, and at a lower level, keep Stamina and Armor even. Ignore strength.
    Mount guide here: http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....e-Guide-Mounts

This is my mount currently:
    MeMount

Troops
    I suggest you level up your Lancers and Hunters to the max of 5, then save up for Paladin. Stop Paladin at 20-25, then focus in gryphons. STOP gryphons at 37-38, and SAVE YOUR DARU FOR KNIGHTS! They are really good troops and can almost outlast higher level gryphons. I made the mistake of leveling up my gryphons to the max and now im stuck with level 30 Knights T.T
    Also, you should stop leveling your Knights at approx. level 40-45. Templars will kill them sooner or later.

Soul Engraving
    Always save a few crystals for events, and try getting into one of the top 8 guilds to get soul crystals every week.

Talents
    Personally, I find talents quite OP. a 3 turn stun? That's completely broken in my opinion (except who's Holy Seal is like 10 level below yours? XD)
    I'm staying at level 50 until I have my Holy Seal maxed out, don't want to get stunned!
    You can do whatever you want, just don't NOT max Holy Seal. It's really important later on and if you get caught with a low-level HS, you're basically screwed unless you can out-damage the opponent after the stun (which is unlikely)

Sylphs
    Let's get this straight: Sylphs are OP.
    Iris: Meh. Only use if you have Rain Dance, since the ratios are good. Don't use if you don't have RD as it's useless.
    Pan: Kinda good, its a way of dealing PDMG. I use Pan
    Apollo: Cashers? Please. No. Apollo OP.

More to come!

I think that's all for now.

iamop

PLZPLZPLZPLZPZLZPL COMMENT AND TELL ME WHAT TO IMPROVE!!!
    Awesome! Best Guide NA!
    26.32%
    Pretty Good
    57.89%
    Meh... Could've done better
    15.79%
    Not good at all
    0.00%
    WORST GUIDE NA!
    0.00%
    Last edited by iamop; 01-04-2014, 06:38 PM.
    Everything is to blame...
    On R2Games

Originally posted by iamop View Post
    Refining
    I recommend you refine your gear so that you have stats like this: (listed in order of importance)
    Intellect/MATK
    PDEF
    Endurance/HP
    Charisma
    Crit(Only for critmages)
    Charisma stat on your gear? That's crappy refine.

Best refines are:
    Intellect
    Armor
    Endurance
    MATK
    PDEF/Crit
    Server: Armorgames Server 4 - US West.
    Class: Mage.

Comment

Originally posted by Starry777 View Post
      Charisma stat on your gear? That's crappy refine.

Best refines are:
      Intellect
      Armor
      Endurance
      MATK
      PDEF/Crit
      well, charisma is actually quite good earlygame because of the survivabililty of your troops. thanks for the info, ill change it.
      On R2Games

Comment

your lv 50 typical skill set is for PvP you should say that(its way more better to be maxing bl at that time...)EWD comes before godess blessing and mages need mdef dont understimate the mages out there lol,grifins just lv 30 is fine,knights lv 35 is fine better save for templars and level to max lol,socket at PvP gear?better save those for PvE sets(legend set) socket those with matk,hp,mdef,pdef(Could replace hp or mdef for crit gems if you are going for crit build)

Comment

the 'typical' lvl 80 skill tree is kinda wrong. That would be ideal the tree you made there ... but ... the calculator on the front page is wrong.
          You can't build that far in the bottom branch without having a 2nd point in castinator.
          These is how my skill tree's look like.
          Kinda stupid right ^^ But it's the way I prefer it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	88145c6cd4816cc8b46776521e6aca5e.png
Views:	1
Size:	432.5 KB
ID:	1678193

Name:	e6ebf839454bd0b0d9fa627a077ca350.png
Size:	446.5 KB
ID:	1678194
          ~ Redoga ~

My very own detailed mage guide
          Choosing between EWD and Crit - a comparative guide
          My pathetic youtube channel
          -------------------> Latest video:

Comment

The best refine stat for any class is Armor. In the case of the mage class this is followed by Intellect which is followed by MATK. Ideally you want all three on all gear pieces.
            [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
            [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

thanks for all the replies, ill update it.
              On R2Games

Comment

Level 29 Mage here, just getting going, 6 days in. Working the Academy, and have already done pretty well with level 25 paladins and lancers. I'm wondering if I'm at least on the right track with my stats. If you care to have a look at my handle, I'm cblue456. Any suggestions to getting through the 30s would be welcome.

Comment

lvl 45 mage after 14 days, what to do next?
                  Level 49 Archer
                  BR 150k

Comment

Originally posted by kevs926 View Post
                    lvl 45 mage after 14 days, what to do next?
                    Keep doing MP dungeons, get your arena set and PvE set, and then I guess you can start on sylphs...

EDIT: dangggg... you level up really fast T.T
                    Last edited by iamop; 12-12-2013, 12:19 AM.
                    On R2Games

Comment

Originally posted by cblue456 View Post
                      Level 29 Mage here, just getting going, 6 days in. Working the Academy, and have already done pretty well with level 25 paladins and lancers. I'm wondering if I'm at least on the right track with my stats. If you care to have a look at my handle, I'm cblue456. Any suggestions to getting through the 30s would be welcome.
                      Ehhh... which server? Just post a pic on your stats, ill comment.

i guess you could count this as a bump thread
                      On R2Games

Comment

testing out my signature, ignore pwis
                        On R2Games

Comment

update

Following advice pretty closely. Just got to level 38.
                          Currrently have puzzle over what skill point to use. I can add to Restoration (trigger level 3), Healing (trigger level 2), Castinator, Meteoric, Lightning to level 3, Mana.

Astrals:
                          Up to nearly 1600 star points now and finally have these:
                          Aegis level 3
                          Enhanced Illusion level 3
                          Will Destroyer level 3

Any advice on this would be great. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by cblue456 View Post
                            Following advice pretty closely. Just got to level 38.
                            Currrently have puzzle over what skill point to use. I can add to Restoration (trigger level 3), Healing (trigger level 2), Castinator, Meteoric, Lightning to level 3, Mana.

Astrals:
                            Up to nearly 1600 star points now and finally have these:
                            Aegis level 3
                            Enhanced Illusion level 3
                            Will Destroyer level 3

Any advice on this would be great. Thanks.
                            Ehhh...
                            I suggest you either get LB or Mana Master.

Don't use Aegis as it isn't that great, get either Refined Goddess' Blessing or Aegis Major. Also, don't use Will Destroyer unless it's Enhanced.
                            On R2Games

Comment

Originally posted by iamop View Post
                              Ehhh... which server? Just post a pic on your stats, ill comment.

i guess you could count this as a bump thread
                              Here's my situation right now (btw, I'm on the server US West 60:

Name:	ScreenHunter_01 Dec. 20 09.49.jpg
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	1679044Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_02 Dec. 20 09.50.jpg
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	1679045

Comment

Working...
                              X