Clear All

• iamop's Mage Guide

Changelog:
    12/2/2013
    -5:33 PM: Guide is up! Spent a few days doing this on notepad
    -5:47 PM: Added pictures
    12/3/2013
    -8:17 PM: Edited to fit all suggestions! Thanks guys
    -8:38 PM: Found out that HTML on this website is hella hard to use. I'll add a Table of Contents later.
    12/9/2013
    -6:15 PM: Added a few pics, updated some old ones
    12/11/2013
    -10:14 PM: Yes! Finally got a Enhanced Will Destroyer!
    12/18/2013
    -9:17 PM: Got out of my laziness streak and started work on this again
    -9:17 PM: Got to level 50 today, time to find out all about sylphs!
    1/4/2014
    -4:35 PM: Happy New Year! Got back from vacation.
    -4:35 PM: Updated some stuff
    1/6/2013
    -5:48 PM: Moved to this thread, old one I couldn't change the title.
    2/27/2014
    -5:26 PM: Thought I'd revive this thread to help others
    4/22/2014
    -6:50 PM: Updated some stuff, large update coming soon!

iamop's Mage Guide

Hi there, I'm a level 60 mage playing on Kabam server 28-USWest. I love the mage class since its really fun, and I decided to help out new players that haven't reached level 50 yet.

My character:

Pros:
    High damage output if built correctly
    Devastating AoE damage with 3 AoE damage spells
    Best heals in the game!-the mage has 1 single-target heal and 2 multi-target heals
    Can be built tank or damage, or even hybrid

Cons:
    Super, super squishy- gets wrecked from physical damage if not built correctly
    Catacombs are kinda hard early levels with horrible AoE at early game
    Your sole counter will be the archer- Crits are devastating to you as you are squishy

Different ways to build:
    There are a multitude of ways to build the mage, either as a full-dmg EWD (Enhanced Will Destroyer), full-dmg critmage, or tanky healer mage. I finally got an Enhanced Will Destroyer! (

Here are the guides for each build:

Enhanced Will Destroyer/ Critmage comparison: http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....parative-Guide
    Tanky Healing mage: http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....-healing-mages!

This guide will not focus on any of these builds, but will just give a slight nudge for each build.

Gear
    Gear is the main boost to your BR (Battle Rating). Your gear also gives you bonuses if it is part of a set (i.e. level 20 Glordion Set) and those bonuses differ with each type of set.

After getting to the higher levels like 20-30, concentrate on saving up insignia for your level 35 PvP set (Soulmasters) Before that, however, get the level 20 Glordion set as it will help you farm up insignia. Completely IGNORE the Lorekeeper set. Just concentrate on the Soulmaster set. After you get that, set your sights on either the Bender set (level 40 PvE set) or the Dakan Master set (level 45 PvP set) After that, get your level 55 Pontiff set, which is the best of the best for the PvP set. I myself like the PvE set, as getting rage really fast is just my style. However, the PvP set is better than PvE because the initial rage minimum is really good, at +30. Also, the +1000 HP boost from Soulmasters can help you survive one more turn. Lastly there's the -1000 MDEF boost, which is basically damage dealt +500.

Enchanting
    Not much to go over, as you will ALWAYS want your equipment to be enchanted to the max level.
    Guide on Luck Stones is here: http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....ng-Luck-Stones

Refining
    I recommend you refine your gear so that you have stats like this: (listed in order of importance)
    Intellect/MATK-Get this as priority if you can survive
    Armor-Get this as priority if you can't survive
    PDEF
    Endurance/HP
    Crit(Only for critmages)
    Charisma- Useless. Don't use unless your troops are dying ridiculously fast.

Socketing
    This is extremely important, as it gives you a humongous buff and advantage over players without gems.
    Always synthesize your gems to the HIGHEST LEVEL. I recommend you convert everything to either MATK, HP, or PDEF and then synthesize to get the highest level.
    Do NOT use your socketing rods at all. AT ALL. Save your socketing rods for

Astrals
    Huge hole for gold, right here. Astrals are extremely addictive, as you will keep wanting to use the button and get Chiron. To get the good astrals, I suggest you use the step-ladder method, meaning you keep clicking the first and second until you get the third. After you get the third light, hit the first one and wait till you get the second. Keep doing this until you are at the last one (Chiron) If you absolutely suck at astrals, just try and get the blue or orange.

Level up your astrals! Many people just leave them at level 1, and wonder why they suck. You have to level up your astrals to get them to work right!

Mage Astrals goes as follows: (In order of equipping)
    MATK
    PDEF/MDEF-Depends on which you have trouble with, get that first then get the other after
    Enhanced Will Destroyer- OP astral in my opinion, get it if your not going critmage
    Critical- Get this for critmage
    Refined Goddess' Blessing- Not a bad astral
    HP- Take this last because armor is better than health.

These are my current astrals, got lucky a lot.
    Astros

Skills
    If you have money to burn, get the double skills. It's hella useful for either PvP or PvE.

For the average mage, get these skills (These were my skills at level 55)
    Level 4 Lightning Bolt- Main single-target damage spell
    Level 4 Rain of Fire- Main AoE spell
    Level 2 Delphic Thunder Frenzy- Just get it for fun, I doubt you'll ever get 80 rage except in boss fights
    Level 3 Thunderer- Really good spell, the damage is great, not that much of rage needed.
    Level 2 Heart Elemental- ABSOLUTELY NEEDED- Rage buildup on mage is not that great
    Level 1 Mana Master- I need to level this up, you should max it out.
    Level 3 Restoration- Great healing spell
    Level 2 Healing Empowerment- 8% healing and 20%MDEF? AWESOME PASSIVE!
    Level 2 Suntoria- Must have. 5% HP is great, 6% is better. Level it up to at least 2 for QTE boost.
    Level 1 Castinator- 1 is enough, 2% difference isnt that great
    Level 1 Meteoric Destroyer- Just to get down the tree
    Level 1 Purification- Get down the tree
    Level 1 Blessed Light- Amazing spell right here- You heal everyone and almost up to full HP if you have ridiculous MATK.

After this, get Meteoric Destroyer, Suntoria, Purification, then Blessed Light.

This is typical skillset at level 50

Skills

This is typical skillset at level 80

Skills

I went the wrong way getting all the points in Thunderer and ignoring Suntoria, but you should get Suntoria early to keep up with Catacombs boss.
    Mounts
    Save your whips! They will come in handy when you unlock mounts. Focus on Intellect, and at a lower level, keep Stamina and Armor even. Ignore strength.
    Save some for events so that you get the special item (Mount, Wings, etc.)
    Mount guide here: http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....e-Guide-Mounts

This is my mount currently:
    MeMount

Troops
    I suggest you level up your Lancers and Hunters to the max of 5, then save up for Paladin. Stop Paladin at 20-25, then focus in gryphons. STOP gryphons at 37-38, and SAVE YOUR DARU FOR KNIGHTS! They are really good troops and can almost outlast higher level gryphons. I made the mistake of leveling up my gryphons to the max and now im stuck with level 30 Knights and now 28 Templars T.T
    Also, you should stop leveling your Knights at approx. level 40-45. Templars will kill them sooner or later.

Soul Engraving
    Always save a few crystals for events, and try getting into one of the top 8 guilds to get soul crystals every week.

Talents
    Personally, I find talents quite OP. a 3 turn stun? That's completely broken in my opinion (except who's Holy Seal is like 10 level below yours? XD)
    I'm staying at level 50 until I have my Holy Seal maxed out, don't want to get stunned!
    You can do whatever you want, just don't NOT max Holy Seal. It's really important later on and if you get caught with a low-level HS, you're basically screwed unless you can out-damage the opponent after the stun (which is unlikely)

Sylphs
    Let's get this straight: Sylphs are OP.
    Iris: Meh. Only use if you have Rain Dance, since the ratios are good. Don't use if you don't have RD as it's useless.
    Think of Iris as an extra heal and an extra AoE skill with high ratios.
    Pan: Pan's fallen off now due to Amazon Queen's higher ratios. Don't use unless it's high level.
    Apollo: Cashers? Please. No. Apollo OP.
    Amazon Queen: Really good for EWD Mage, since it doesn't build off crit.
    Think of it as a OP single-target damager.
    Gaia: Use only for critmage.
    Think of it the same as AQ.
    Hades: Another Casher sylph. Yay.

More to come!

I think that's all for now.

iamop

PLZPLZPLZPLZPZLZPL COMMENT AND TELL ME WHAT TO IMPROVE!!!
    Last edited by iamop; 04-22-2014, 09:04 PM.
    Everything is to blame...
    On R2Games

I just updated this guide: can anyone say anything about it?
    On R2Games

Comment

nice guide for beginners....thx

Comment

Wow nice guide! This really helped me alot, but i stacked up alot of balens by like you know on r2games, you go on a server bla bla and at the top you can get free balens and i got alot of balens by downloading things like games, and i have 405 balens so far and i am trying to save more to get to 500 so i can buy the recharge pack so i get the trinkets that go up to lv 50, idk if its a good idea, but i can't really get more balens becaues i do what it says to earn balens and most of them don't give it, infact i would already have about 800 balens if they would've worked. So do you think its a good idea to buy the 500balen recharge pack or not? Like should i save it for something else more useful? All of the items in the pack are altogether worth 4995 balens and 500 is a good offer.

Edited on 4/22/2014 By Naporz

Idk why it automaticly says that on top, can't delete it, whatevs, i was just gonna say that i only care about the 2 trinkets, since they are really good, and the 800k gold a bit too but you get alot over time if you are patient.
        Last edited by Naporz; 04-22-2014, 11:19 AM.

Comment

you a lvl 55 mage. just wondering how u can past badlands w/o purification? the boss give real bad bleed on thats lvl.
          They never know when im getting bored of this. (REMOVE VIP BENEFIT LESS HONOR IN BATTLE)

Comment

Originally posted by Ponijo View Post
            you a lvl 55 mage. just wondering how u can past badlands w/o purification? the boss give real bad bleed on thats lvl.
            With sylphs or high powered party mates, it's feasible to pass it, though every mage in my opinion should have Suntoria and Purification by lvl 44 because of debuffs becoming the norm in mpd.

Much of this is helpful for your guide, a lot of excellent work went into this. I'm not a fan of Charisma on my equipment in general, it does not apply in several places in the game, more useful as a spare astral. Intellect and MATK together seems a better fit when refining
            IGN: TreeTopper
            Server: whatever the merged Kabam S15/25 is called. I forgot.
            Guild: ESKReborn
            Class: None (Ok..Ok.. Archer)
            Battle Rating: 550547 Currently Retired from Wartune

Comment

Originally posted by ATreeTopper View Post
              With sylphs or high powered party mates, it's feasible to pass it, though every mage in my opinion should have Suntoria and Purification by lvl 44 because of debuffs becoming the norm in mpd.

Much of this is helpful for your guide, a lot of excellent work went into this. I'm not a fan of Charisma on my equipment in general, it does not apply in several places in the game, more useful as a spare astral. Intellect and MATK together seems a better fit when refining
              Charisma is only if your troops are dying fast; it's quite useless in most cases. Thanks for the reply, I'll update.
              On R2Games

Comment

can you give the skill tree for lower levels? :3

Comment

1. I would say save your bound balens for wings. 1995 bound balens. those fancy clothes and hairdo just add 5 rage each but wings boosts your stats. Tempting as they may be, in the long run..wings are much better than clothing.

2. Dont forget to upgrade the guild skills as well. Expensive as they may be for lower levels, but heck...they can actually save your life during battles.

3. Troops may not be that important. but when youre against someone with almost the same power as yourself but they have weaker troops... those troops may come in handy to finish off that person with the last hit (if youre already dead)

4. Last but not least...GOLD TECH. its the most important thing here. gold rules everything. so max all your gold skills. Plunder your enemies. Plant your gold seeds.

enchantment need gold. guild skills need gold. blitz need gold. astrals needs a cartload of gold. i dont know how many thousand millions i spent on astrals to get them all lvl 5 and above. Even card hunt need gold. when youre enchanting a lvl70 gear, one enchant cost 500k (at least).

p.s. nice guide for newbie mages though

Comment

Working...
                  X