Fishing Guide for starter fishermen.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Guide for starter fishermen.

Hello, I am relative new to Wartune with only a lv 44 account. I am not sure if this guide will help that much, but I am always in the top 3 fishing rankings
    Fishing is a great source of gold income and also provides other very useful items. Due to the absurdity of these awesome prizes, you are only allowed to catch 20 fish per day. Each fish you catch grants you a certain amount of points. If you are patient enough to aim for the best fish, you will end up in the Top 10 leaderboard. When you hit the top three rankings, you can earn a very flashy and awesome title!

1. Super basics

Click on the Fishing Icon at the top right of your screen.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	f.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	1744260

This will transport you to the fishing game which looks like this:

Name:	Fishing game.PNG
Size:	906.0 KB
ID:	1744259

The game itself is very simple, when you have the fish you want in sight, wait until there are no obstacles or other fish in-between your spear and your target, then click!

Name:	Fishing catch.PNG
Size:	878.8 KB
ID:	1744261

Each click generates a 5 minute cooldown timer, up to a max of 30mins. When your cooldown timer is above 24mins 59secs, you cannot shoot your spear again until it goes below that mark. So just take a break and enjoy all the other parts of the game in the meantime~
    Don't worry if you hit a log or miss everything completely as you will not lose a fishing attempt, however you will still generate the 5min cooldown timer.

Name:	Fishing timer.PNG
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	1744244

To check your loot, click on the sack icon at the top right of your fishing window:

Name:	fishing loot.PNG
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	1744262

A window will pop-up showing all your loot and you just have to click collect all to get them!

Name:	er.PNG
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1744264

Info-bar on the top right tells you what your fishing level is, your weekly points, and has a link directing you to the weekly points rankings for your server.

Name:	Fishing infobar.PNG
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	1744250

Each fish you catch gives you some amount of pool exp. As you increase your fishing level, your rewards get bigger for each catch and you also begin to unlock better fish that provide extremely good items.

Name:	Fishing chart.PNG
Size:	793.9 KB
ID:	1744251

At level 1, you have access to the:

Name:	Fishing white fish.PNG
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1744252 The white fish which gives you 2 gold chests(1,000 gold each). 2 points for catching. Gives 1 pool exp.

Name:	Fishing gold fish.PNG
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	1744253 The gold fish which gives you 2 daru pearls(10,000 daru each). 4 points for catching.Gives 1 pool exp.

Name:	Fishing green spotted fish.PNG
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1744254 The green-spotted fish which gives you 2 lvl6 luck stones. 6 points for catching.Gives 2 pool exp.

Name:	Fishing halfgold_halfblue fish.PNG
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1744255 The Blue/Yellow fish which gives you 2 Shadow crystals. 8 points for catching.Gives 2 pool exp.

At level 5, All previous catch rewards are doubled(you get 4 of everything)! You also gain access to the:

Name:	Fishing orange_white fish.PNG
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	1744256 The Orange/White carp which gives 1 Orange Bounty scroll. 10 points for catching. Gives 3 pool exp.

Every 5 levels you will unlock a new fish and your rewards get better and better!

Sometimes when you catch a fish, you also receive a bonus power-up item, you can see them on the bottom right of the fishing window.

Name:	Fishing powerups.PNG
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	1744245

Name:	Fishing powerup 1.PNG
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	1744246 Powerup 1, creates a bomb that blows up all shallow objects(logs and bottles) for 20 seconds.

Name:	Fishing powerup 2.PNG
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	1744247 Powerup 2, creates a bomb that blows up all shallow objects and fish(white and gold) for 3 seconds.

Name:	Fishing powerup 3.PNG
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	1744248 Powerup 3, transforms your spear into 3 separate, but smaller spears.

Name:	Fishing powerup 4.PNG
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	1744249 Powerup 4, transforms your spear into a piercer, allowing you to catch all different types of fish that you hit in a single line.

2. Ranking points

To check your weekly ranking, click on the green Rankings at the top left info-bar.

Name:	Fishing infobar.PNG
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	1744250

The rankings take points at 3am everyday, but refresh at 5am. So the ranking chart is showing yesterdays final point count. It looks like this:

Name:	Fishing ranking chart.PNG
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1744257

As you can see, the top three players receive a title at the end of the week, or rather 3am on Monday morning, depending on the points at that time.
    As I said earlier, it is VERY flashy and awesome, I had a fishing superior title last week, got the fishing professor title this week and aiming for fishing master next week

Fishing Professor Title~

Name:	Fishing professor title.PNG
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	1744258

Fishing Master Title~ (Just got it this morning )

Name:	fishing master.PNG
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	1744343

*I can't find the other title in my server right now, if you can provide it I'll include you in foot notes

3. Tips and Tricks

First I want to mention that the Number one strategy for this game is, waiting. (Patience young one!)

Tip #1
    To grab the most gold from your fishing mini-game, do NOT aim for the white fish that gives you gold chests. They give you 2 chests with 1k gold each, that's only 2k gold.
    Instead, aim for the green-spotted fish, they give you 2 luck stones which can be sold for 3k gold each! That's 6k gold from just one fish.
    Now do some basic math: 2 stones * 20 tries a day * 7days a week = 280 lvl6 Luck stones * 3k gold each = 840k gold a week!
    Remember that if you have fishing level 5, the rewards are doubled, so 4 lvl6 Luck stones per fish which equals 1,680,000 gold a week!!!

Tip #2
    Save up your powerups until you have a decent amount, and then storm through the rankings like a boss! Anddd STOP, before you go jumping to do that, read the next few lines to help you even beat the other people who use powerups but haven't read this guide.

Combine powerups 1 and 4 together. Powerup 1 destroys only the non-fish objects, this allows you to use powerup 4 most effectively as it lets you catch every type of fish you hit in a single line. Aim it and fire as soon as you see a straight line with fish from every layer.

Combine powerups 2 and 3 together. Powerup 2 destroys all non-fish object AND the less desirable fish from the top two layers. This allows you to use power up number 3 better as you can shoot it and hit 3 deep water fish easily.

Tip #3
    If you see this system message in your chat box:

Name:	Fishing help.PNG
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	1744263
    Click it as fast as you can! You will get 1 or more bound balens for just clicking a button!

To sum Fishing up, it is simple and easy to play, you get awesome rewards for just clicking buttons and if your really up for it, you can get a really flashy and awesome title!
    Good Luck to all of you!!!

A shoutout a member who helped contribute:
    Thank you bornleader!
    Last edited by Nykidxxx; 01-27-2014, 08:53 PM.

Hey, this is the op of the thread, if you have read this, can you please comment on it? I would like to know if I missed anything important. Also please feel free to critic on redundant information or comment if this has helped you in any way

Comment

Nice guide, however here goes some additions/corrections :-

1) The rankings take points at 3am everyday, but refresh at 5am. Also the titles are given at 3am Monday morning, depending on the points at that time.

2) The higher level fish, give more points to level your fish-tank level. The bounty fish gives 3 points, the shadow crystal and luck stones give 2, and the lower ones give 1. It might seem better to get gold for now, but you really want to level up your tanks faster, to get newer fish.

3) There are new fish every 5 levels.

4) You only get 1 bound balen for helping to catch a fish. The catcher gets 2 bound balen in addition to the normal reward.
      Wartune S157: bornleader | Stormthrone S14: bornleader

Comment

the best event in wartune history
        [S178] Darkguard (Europe)
        NAME: PrinceDemon
        GUILD: Rebirth
        CLASS:
        Archer
        LVL: 71
        BATTLE RATING: 232 K +
        SYLP: Hercules * *

Comment

I would also recommend finding a quiet corner in Sylph City where there won't be players, npc's or animated backgrounds eating up GPU processing while you're fishing. I prefer to fish in the little cubby a bit southeast of the market, up close to the building steps. No player, no npc's walk through there and the only 'animated' graphics in the background is a little torch on the wall. Makes the fishing game flow a lot smoother!

I 2nd the notion that this is the best event in Wartune history because it's based entirely on skill, all players are on a completely even playing board, and it doesn't matter how much cash you throw at the game! You can't buy your way to the top ranks like you can with Jewels and everything else!

Comment

Working...
          X