Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doubts about sylphs

If this information is in other post, I apologize, but I could not find it

I will be a level 50 archer in about 5-6 days, and I have lots of doubts about sylphs. I am a non-casher and non-VIP, so a little problem there for starters hehehe

If I am correct, usually you only get white sylph at first in the sylph Atoll, right? But is it possible to get green or blue farming essences?

I just dont want to waste mahra or sepulcrum, so I dont know whats the best I can do. If I get a white sylph, continue farming until I get a green one? Or do I start using sepulcrum and mahra in the white one to upgrade it to other colours?

in addition, I read you can have several sylphs. But what is the best strategy? use sepulcrum and mahra in different sylphs? or just use everything in one sylph and forget about the other ones? If it is better just to focus in 1 sylph, which one is better for archers?

Finally, if you farm more sylphs, you can engulf them in your best one, right? Is that the best strategy?

thanks a lot in advanced

Ok here we go:

You farm sylphs by getting 60 essences, 1 essence drop per sylph kill (or random chance to get instantly) there is also a very small chance that a sylph kill will drop a sylph card but its very low. Turn in 60 essences and you get 1 sylph card that you use to get the sylph. There is a ~90% chance that you will get a white quality sylph, ~8% chance at a green and ~1-2% chance of a blue quality. If you dont want to "waste" mahra or spec you can farm for hours/days/weeks to get a green or blue quality free, but it is time consuming. With Mahra and spec becoming easier to get its more time efficient to farm a white and just boost it up while farming others and hope for a better quality drop.

At level 55 you unlock sylph arena's, where your sylphs fight in 3v3 battles. To do well in them you will need at least 3 sylps to fill your team.

Some try to balance 2-3 sylphs in strength, others go for 1 really strong one its up to you. As a mage I have 2 blues and 1 green, with the 2 blues equally balanced (Isis for extra heals and Gaia for Damage) and the green lagging far behind as I never use it. For sylph arena one super strong sylph can take a balanced team of weaker sylphs (1 10k br sylph and 2 4ks beats 3 6k br sylphs) but for PvP/PvE having 2 balanced sylphs for different roles helps more (Isis to heal tough dungeons or spires, Amazon queen or gaia for damage and breaking stalls).

Engulfing sylphs gives 50% of the sacrificed sylph's experience to the other sylph so it only works on leveled up sylphs. You can sacrifice a sylph (even a level 1 white) to get spec out of it and use that to upgrade another however.

Comment

Athena, great info, thanks a lot

Just one question. Once I have the white sylph and I have used mahra and spec in it, if I get a green/blue one, I change to green/blue and sacrifice the white, right?

Comment

Originally posted by R248126045 View Post
        Athena, great info, thanks a lot

Just one question. Once I have the white sylph and I have used mahra and spec in it, if I get a green/blue one, I change to green/blue and sacrifice the white, right?
        Using Mahra on a syph changes its color, so if you use mahra on a white and turn it to a green or blue then keep it. If you are a free player (i assume you are) then keep the one you use your mahra/spec on, make sure its one you want. Probably best to avoid Pan since its less useful, if you are a knight or archer getting an isis first for her heals is good or amazon queen / gaia for damage for any class. Only sacrifice white quality and only if you already have 3 sylphs.

Comment

Working...
        X