(Knight Skill) Reverse Damage and Whirlwind

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Knight Skill) Reverse Damage and Whirlwind

Well since the skill Reverse Damage has a fixed amount of damage and at certain conditions has the potential to reach 2k damage per stack, how relevant is this skill at higher levels when characters having a ton of HP to tank that damage is common?

I barely see Knights around my level (35+) use it and a majority of them have Whirlwind instead. I also hear Knights in the guild saying how important Whirlwind was which contradicts the guides written here saying Whirlwind is useless and Knights should focus on 1 vs 1.

What are your thoughts and opinions?

I like my whirlwind so much that i even added puncture to it. Is knight only Aoe skill tbh and is good to have it as a starter. I use it for tunneling . For me puncture ticks really often too, and the damage is 800/tick, not alot but it adds up (lvl 1 puncture talent as I am only 54). The damage is decent too but again, depends on setup and player style (tank or dps). I also use it more in pvp than pve, but both situations as a starter (clear minimobs /troops). Tbh I need it just once /battle and no more but I would not remove it just cos of that. I rather have it and don't use it it than not having it and needed it.

One in all, I am on tank spec, EWD knight, and I love my ww

PS: Keep in mind that some guides are old and some others are made by players that are high enough level (above 70) that can go crit build. But even if in crit build (when you have enough slots for those 2 important crit astrals that make your build viable) I still think is useful as a starter skill even if its importance is diminished.

[EDIT]
    Yes, sorry I forgot to mention that I also gave up on reverse dmg in favor of ww because I found reverse damage talent not satisfying. Thought was self implied ;p
    I
    Last edited by akisakura; 02-24-2014, 08:24 AM.

Comment

your comment is a little off-topic from the main thread, the guys is complaining knight's skill "reverse damage" (actually knight's talent persistence has the same issue) gives fixed damage, which maybe is decent when we are at lower level, but it becomes totally useless for 70+ players who all have around 100k hp. 1k reverse damage means nothing compared with opponent' huge hp. I totally agree on his opinoin. many of knight's skills and talents are bugged due to terrible game design.

plus kight's talent persistence looks like NOT functional properly, it calculates damage after we "blocked", it should calculate original damage like "reflection" astral does

Originally posted by akisakura View Post
      I like my whirlwind so much that i even added puncture to it. Is knight only Aoe skill tbh and is good to have it as a starter. I use it for tunneling . For me puncture ticks really often too, and the damage is 800/tick, not alot but it adds up (lvl 1 puncture talent as I am only 54). The damage is decent too but again, depends on setup and player style (tank or dps). I also use it more in pvp than pve, but both situations as a starter (clear minimobs /troops). Tbh I need it just once /battle and no more but I would not remove it just cos of that. I rather have it and don't use it it than not having it and needed it.

One in all, I am on tank spec, EWD knight, and I love my ww

PS: Keep in mind that some guides are old and some others are made by players that are high enough level (above 70) that can go crit build. But even if in crit build (when you have enough slots for those 2 important crit astrals that make your build viable) I still think is useful as a starter skill even if its importance is diminished.

Monkey King [S3] US EAST
      Character Name: Ghang

Wartune [S67] US EAST
      Character Name: Halifax

Comment

Working...
      X