Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Really? What is the Floating Astral Used for?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really? What is the Floating Astral Used for?

I get so many answers when it comes to the Floating Damage astral and decided to come here to ask what its purpose is for?

It expands your floating damage (the range of damage) up and down by the % you have it at. It can either do the % more, or less.

So if your damage is generally 6-8000, it's going to go your % up and down on that.

Comment

Originally posted by everlasttn108 View Post
      I get so many answers when it comes to the Floating Damage astral and decided to come here to ask what its purpose is for?
      Personally I see no benefit in using it. It's referred to as floating uselessness. It makes your hardest attack stronger, but your weakest attack weaker - it just expands the range in which you can cause damage. To me though, I don't see any difference in my attacks when I use it vs when I don't so I use another astral that actually helps me out.

Comment

Let's make it simple: Without floating astral you deal 100-105 damage. With floating astral, you deal 95-110 damage. Simple enough?
        Everything is to blame...
        On R2Games

Comment

Okay, glad to know the real proof of this astral. Seems like trash, now what to substitute on the WB for this astral. Charm maybe? I play an archer lol. force/sniper/determination/fortitude/willpower. always took out my fortitude for the floating damage (ruthlessness).

Comment

Originally posted by everlasttn108 View Post
            Okay, glad to know the real proof of this astral. Seems like trash, now what to substitute on the WB for this astral. Charm maybe? I play an archer lol. force/sniper/determination/fortitude/willpower. always took out my fortitude for the floating damage (ruthlessness).
            Like others said, this is based on luck. You could deal 20% more damage than normal, yet on the next round, deal 20% less. I think overall, this doesn't change your damage output at all. Reasons below:

Since floating damage is 50/50 chance of dealing higher/lower, let's say you have a fixed damage output of 1000. You put on your 20% Floating Damage astral, and you go into WB. Half of the time, you would deal 800-1000. The other half of the time, 1000-1200

So let's say you do 10 hits at WB, and your floating damage is fixed at 900 and 1100 respectively (on average)

3 times you hit 1000
            3 times you hit 1100
            3 times you hit 900
            The last time could be anything, but let's put it in 1K damage for average.
            The total is still 10K damage. So basically, you haven't changed your damage output at all.

Hoped this helped
            Everything is to blame...
            On R2Games

Comment

Wrong.

Say it's 20% dmg and you are a 1000 average to start. Your range would be 900-1100 without floating 20%. So add the ruthlessness astral and you get 720-1320 and then your average hit is now 1020.
              20% of 900 = 180, 900 - 180 = 720
              20% of 1100 = 220, 1100 + 220 = 1320

It's not useless, but it's nothing particularly amazing.

Comment

I tried without it yesterday and for some reason, I did just a tiny bit more. This is without upgrading or leveling anything. I did 2.34% the night before. Yesterday, I di did about 2.36%.

Thinking about the times I was using the floating astral, I was in sylph mode (Gaia), I used Delphic Thunder Wave and crit for 89k. The next round, before we got an extra inspiration boost, I did 123k. I guess its all on luck but, maybe by leveling the astral, It can be of more use.

Comment

Working...
                X